KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What The New Avengers Roster Should Be...

What The New Avengers Roster Should Be...
Started by: Adam Warlock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

What The New Avengers Roster Should Be...

If you were writing the New Avengers instead of Bendis, who would you have put on the team?

Pick eight core members and 4 reserves.

Also list the enemies they should be battling.

My Avengers:

1. Captain America(leadership)
2. Iron Man(tech and brains)
3. The Sentry(powerhouse)
4. Quasar(energy projector)
5. Wonder Man(back up powerhouse)
6. Spiderwoman(Her looks make her a necessity)
7. Warbird(More females the better)
8. Sersi(Makes the team complete, powerful telepathy, and matter manipulation, and another female, nuff said)

Reserves:

1. Hercules
2. Justice Vance Astrovik(Telepath/Telekinetic)
3. Nova Richard Rider
4. Quicksilver

Main enemies:

The General(Sentry Foe)
Galactus
Skrulls(War against earth)
Maelstrom
Deathurge
Count Lucino Nefaria

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 07:01 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

My Team would be:

1) Cyclops (leader, awesome firepower)
2) Reed Richards (scientifical genius)
3) Atlas (renegade)
4) Hercules (every team needs a guy with a dumb accent, powerhouse)
5) Genis-Vell (cosmic, comic relief)
6) Mantis (the chick of the group)
7) Wolverine (badass, comic relief)
8) The Thing (secondary powerhouse)

Reserves:
9) Wonder Man
10) God-Like Cable
11) Gladiator
12) Deadpool

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 07:47 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I would adjust the teams a little people. The Avengers aren't the JLA. The JLA is currently about the best of the best. (I didn't USE to be that.)

But the Avengers were different because they has a bit of every powerclass.

Your lists of characters would make a boring comic. Too many powerhouses.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 07:50 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

New Avengers
1. Cap
2. Deadpool
3. Spider-man
4. Nightcrawler
5. Warbird
6. Shadowcat
8.Emma Frost

Reserves
9. Iron-man
10. Sentry
11.She Hulk
12. Longshot

Main Enemies
Sentinels
Sinister Six (all together)
Dr Doom
Selene

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 07:53 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draco69
I would adjust the teams a little people. The Avengers aren't the JLA. The JLA is currently about the best of the best. (I didn't USE to be that.)

But the Avengers were different because they has a bit of every powerclass.

Your lists of characters would make a boring comic. Too many powerhouses.

That's exactly why I stopped reading JLA. Too many powerhouses on one team. My roster seemed balance.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 09:15 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Your roster ain't balanced at all. The weakest characters is Spider-Woman and Captain America. And your reserves are ridiculously powerful as well.

Too many powerhouses. No middles. Too little lows. Too many highs.

Willrules had nearly the right idea.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 09:44 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Draco69
Willrules had nearly the right idea.

Wuhay cheers smile

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 09:49 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Actually, I wouldn't mind this team so much with just a few tweaks.

Senty- Top tier heavy hitter.
Captain America- Leader of course.
Iron Man- Tech, firepower and resources.
Luke Cage- Let him keep the Wrecker's crowbar and have it double his strength and increase his durability.
She Hulk- More muscle for the team, but with a decent head on her shoulders.
Then I'd keep Spidey and Spiderwoman to fill out the street levelish spots and get rid of Wolverine. His schedule is full enough as is. Finally, I'd throw in Makkari. Got a nice rounded out powerset and the speed thing is good. He's strong, but he doesn't put the team into uber status.

Reserves would be:
Toxin- After he's finally gotten the symbiote under better control.
Beta Ray Bill- Still needs to figure things out, but will come in if needed.
Wolverine- Like I said, too busy for normal service but pops in nwo and again
Quasar- Just a good guy to have around for those cosmic events/threats.

They just need to bring the teams average power level up some so that Sentry isn't the only one fighting those big scary threats.

Last edited by Khellendros on Oct 6th, 2005 at 10:26 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 10:23 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

The Avengers

1. Steve Rogers, aka Captain America (chairman and tactical leader. Founder status.)
2. Tony Stark, aka Iron Man (emergency chairman and vice-commander. Founder status.)
3. Robert Reynolds, aka The Sentry (granted founder status.)
4. Jennifer Walters, aka She-Hulk
5. Jessica Drew, aka Spider-Woman
6. James Logan, aka Wolverine
7. Luke Cage
8. Pat Mulligan, aka Toxin

Reserves

1. Hercules
2. T'challa, Son of T'chaka, aka The Black Panther
3. Hank Pym, aka Yellowjacket/Goliath
4. Janet Van Dyne, aka The Wasp

Rogue's Gallery

-Ultron
-Graviton
-Count Nefaria
-The Super Skrull, and the Skrull Empire
-Exodus and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
-MODOK and AIM
-Weapon Plus
-Dr. Doom

Obviously Captain America and Iron Man are the two executive members, being the only holdovers from the original team. Sentry, being the "first superhero," is given an honorary founder status. I would have Sentry, over time, begin to reassert himself as the unofficial 'leader' of the superhero community, and perhaps an unspoken rivalry with Cap would ensue.

As before, I'd have Luke Cage and Jessica Drew be two 'new recruits' following the breakout at the Raft. However, I'd have Spider-Man decline membership (he tried it before, and it didn't really work out.) Instead, Parker would recommend the newest Marvel hero Toxin as a new member, so that the more experienced Avengers can help him control his powers and learn heroic ethics proper. Thus Toxin fills out the 'wide-eyed n00b' role in this team.

Taking Spidey's role as "light-hearted jokester," of the team would be She-Hulk. I can't really give a reason why she'd be valuable on the team, since they already have The Sentry for muscle power. But She Hulk's a great character with a fun sense of humor, so I'd have her onboard for levity.

And yes, I'd have Wolverine on the team as well. He'd need to both clear his own name and disassociate himself from the X-Men for a while following the "HYDRA incident." Like before, Tony Stark would recruit him for "dirty jobs," and promise something only his considerable influence can grant Logan.

Much like She-Hulk, I can't really justify Hercules being particularly useful (especially when your team has three tanks already.) But he's such a fun character, what with his out-of-control drinking, flagrant womanizing, and hilairious catch phrasery ("balderdash!"). I'd have him show up to help out the Avengers just for a storyline, saying Shulkie and Sentry are off doing other things while he's there to fill in.

Black Panther, of course, can really only be a reservist, as he does have a country to run. He'd show up to help with his vast Wakandan resources when the team was really up against the ropes, or if they made a foray into Wakanda's sphere of influence.

Hank and Janet have had too many problems over the years. They need time to recuperate both physically, and as a couple. Plus, Hank never really enjoyed the superhero gig, and Janet really only did it for kicks. They will only show up if the situation is totally desperate, or if Tony needs help in the lab. Nevertheless, they still have founder status, and so when they do show up, they can take charge of the situation. (This would be a source of contention for the newer members, who don't like the thought of being bossed by reserves who just happened to be on the team years ago.)

I chose some pretty big-time team busters for this group. It'd take a lot to challenge the Sentry, afterall. The way I see it, the Avengers should be a team primarily designed to take on the big challenges, that no other team in the Marvel Universe can handle (except the Defenders. Bah!) These big world-shattering battles would primarily focus on heavy-hitters like Sentry, Iron Man, She Hulk, and Toxin, with the street-levels forced to take a backseat.

However, there would also be smaller missions. Even though this incarnation of Avengers has severed its ties to the government, there will still be a need for secrecy when slipping into other countries or evil organizations like HYDRA, AIM, The Hand, Latveria, or the Kingpin's empire. In these smaller-scale storylines, characters like Spider Woman, Luke Cage, and Wolverine would be allowed to be the main focus.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 09:50 PM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by Piedmon
The Avengers

1. Steve Rogers, aka Captain America (chairman and tactical leader. Founder status.)
2. Tony Stark, aka Iron Man (emergency chairman and vice-commander. Founder status.)
3. Robert Reynolds, aka The Sentry (granted founder status.)
4. Jennifer Walters, aka She-Hulk
5. Jessica Drew, aka Spider-Woman
6. James Logan, aka Wolverine
7. Luke Cage
8. Pat Mulligan, aka Toxin

Reserves

1. Hercules
2. T'challa, Son of T'chaka, aka The Black Panther
3. Hank Pym, aka Yellowjacket/Goliath
4. Janet Van Dyne, aka The Wasp

Rogue's Gallery

-Ultron
-Graviton
-Count Nefaria
-The Super Skrull, and the Skrull Empire
-Exodus and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
-MODOK and AIM
-Weapon Plus
-Dr. Doom

Obviously Captain America and Iron Man are the two executive members, being the only holdovers from the original team. Sentry, being the "first superhero," is given an honorary founder status. I would have Sentry, over time, begin to reassert himself as the unofficial 'leader' of the superhero community, and perhaps an unspoken rivalry with Cap would ensue.

As before, I'd have Luke Cage and Jessica Drew be two 'new recruits' following the breakout at the Raft. However, I'd have Spider-Man decline membership (he tried it before, and it didn't really work out.) Instead, Parker would recommend the newest Marvel hero Toxin as a new member, so that the more experienced Avengers can help him control his powers and learn heroic ethics proper. Thus Toxin fills out the 'wide-eyed n00b' role in this team.

Taking Spidey's role as "light-hearted jokester," of the team would be She-Hulk. I can't really give a reason why she'd be valuable on the team, since they already have The Sentry for muscle power. But She Hulk's a great character with a fun sense of humor, so I'd have her onboard for levity.

And yes, I'd have Wolverine on the team as well. He'd need to both clear his own name and disassociate himself from the X-Men for a while following the "HYDRA incident." Like before, Tony Stark would recruit him for "dirty jobs," and promise something only his considerable influence can grant Logan.

Much like She-Hulk, I can't really justify Hercules being particularly useful (especially when your team has three tanks already.) But he's such a fun character, what with his out-of-control drinking, flagrant womanizing, and hilairious catch phrasery ("balderdash!"). I'd have him show up to help out the Avengers just for a storyline, saying Shulkie and Sentry are off doing other things while he's there to fill in.

Black Panther, of course, can really only be a reservist, as he does have a country to run. He'd show up to help with his vast Wakandan resources when the team was really up against the ropes, or if they made a foray into Wakanda's sphere of influence.

Hank and Janet have had too many problems over the years. They need time to recuperate both physically, and as a couple. Plus, Hank never really enjoyed the superhero gig, and Janet really only did it for kicks. They will only show up if the situation is totally desperate, or if Tony needs help in the lab. Nevertheless, they still have founder status, and so when they do show up, they can take charge of the situation. (This would be a source of contention for the newer members, who don't like the thought of being bossed by reserves who just happened to be on the team years ago.)

I chose some pretty big-time team busters for this group. It'd take a lot to challenge the Sentry, afterall. The way I see it, the Avengers should be a team primarily designed to take on the big challenges, that no other team in the Marvel Universe can handle (except the Defenders. Bah!) These big world-shattering battles would primarily focus on heavy-hitters like Sentry, Iron Man, She Hulk, and Toxin, with the street-levels forced to take a backseat.

However, there would also be smaller missions. Even though this incarnation of Avengers has severed its ties to the government, there will still be a need for secrecy when slipping into other countries or evil organizations like HYDRA, AIM, The Hand, Latveria, or the Kingpin's empire. In these smaller-scale storylines, characters like Spider Woman, Luke Cage, and Wolverine would be allowed to be the main focus.

Good post Piedmon. Very good.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 10:52 PM
Sparkz

I'd keep the Team the way it is, except add Thor, just dosen't feel right without him.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2005 09:27 AM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by willRules
New Avengers
1. Cap
2. Deadpool
3. Spider-man
4. Nightcrawler
5. Warbird
6. Shadowcat
8.Emma Frost

Reserves
9. Iron-man
10. Sentry
11.She Hulk
12. Longshot

Main Enemies
Sentinels
Sinister Six (all together)
Dr Doom
Selene

what do people think of my rooster?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2005 12:23 PM
Sparkz

Pretty good except you don't realy have any power house's except in your reserves, so they would struggle abit.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2005 03:13 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

If or when they struggle, then is the time to call in the reserves.......

Old Post Oct 8th, 2005 03:16 PM
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

Buck-buck-Buh-GAWK....

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 12:52 AM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I see but how does this affect me?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 04:10 PM