KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Drax the Destroyer (mini-series)

Drax the Destroyer (mini-series)
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Drax the Destroyer (mini-series)

So, I just picked up the first issue (of four) of the Drax the Destroyer mini. It's pretty cool and Thanos is supposed to be in the next issue. As most of you probably know, I'm a pretty big comic reader, but I haven't heard of Drax until about a week ago. What do you guys think of the mini-series so far; and what do you think about the character? Do you like or dislike him, and why?

smokin'

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:48 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like the character alot, but he's practically the same thing as the Hulk. I mean, their both big, dumb, green and purple, and incredible strong. The only real difference is that Drax is more a cosmic being whereas he can shoot concussive blasts, fly at speeds faster than light, etc. But yea, i thought the first issue of his new limited series was very good. The art's great, and overall the creative team is phenomenal.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 12:54 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

You did notice that at the end of the issue, Drax was a bit more eloquent than he was at the beginning, right?

I loved the first issue, great usage of some more obscure cosmic characters, and the reference to the Kyln, the intergalactic superprison Giffen created back in Thanos.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 02:59 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yup, two more issues and he'll be intelligent again.

Higher than average intelligence at that. I can't wait.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 03:08 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Drax could very well become one of my favorite characters.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 04:24 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

The first issue had the Lunatik in it. 'Nuff said.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 04:56 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

Drax at higher than average intelligence would be a pretty powerful individual.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 11:03 AM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Khellendros
The first issue had the Lunatik in it. 'Nuff said.

Hah. Lunatik was awesome. He beat the shit out of Surfer once, with surfer's own board.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 06:31 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

So... exactly how powerful is Drax anyway? How does he compare to sych characters as: the Hulk, Thor, Silver Surfer, and Gladiator?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 08:04 PM
HigH ScholaR

drax is class 100

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 08:17 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

Has drax still got the power gem?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 08:35 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

At this point, Drax's history is so convoluted, I'm not even going to guess his power level.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 08:39 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Drax is exactly as powerful as the original Thanos, I believe.

He was just always too dumb to use it correctly.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 08:40 PM
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
So... exactly how powerful is Drax anyway? How does he compare to sych characters as: the Hulk, Thor, Silver Surfer, and Gladiator?

Drax is pretty much completely indestructable and in terms of all of his stats in power he's on par with Thanos. For example, one time, Drax thought SS knew where Thanos was but wouldnt tell him so Drax wouldnt leave him alone, hell, SS flew him threw the sun and Drax didnt even feel it, so SS finally got rid of him by outsmarting him with a TV. So yea, he's on par with Thanos, but he was never able to beat Thanos because although he's equal with him with all his physical attributes, he's an idiot so Thanos always outsmarts him. But yea, being on par with Thanos in power puts him above the likes of Hulk, Thor, SS, and even Gladiator.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 09:12 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really think this issue is gold. First series in a long time I actually really enjoy.

Can't wait for next month's Drax.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 09:33 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I wish they'd dust off and use more characters like this. It's not a reinvention so much as a renaissance. A cosmic Hulk is boring, so let's try something else. By the end of this mini, I'm guessing he's going to be an obstreperous pangalactic bounty hunter, which is sweet, because Marvel doesn't really have anyone like that.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 12:58 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I saw a pic of him as a king, so he might be part of some royalty in the mini.

He was talking to the group of people and he sure didn't sound dumb there at all.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 07:59 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Apparently he "dies" in issue 2...

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 02:15 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Been there, done that. Drax is safer than safe.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 02:42 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Just read issue two and ummm, he is definitely NOT safer than safe by the end of the issue. Anyone else read it?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 12:03 AM