KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Dan Slott's new Thing series..

Dan Slott's new Thing series..
Started by: 8bitChris

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Dan Slott's new Thing series..

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/...tThingThang.htm

I read the interview, and now i'm a believer. I'll be picking this up. The preview scans have an eerily familiar feel to Cable and Deadpool though.

"DS: He’s the quintessential Marvel character. In the DCU, you get the myths and icons- the heroes you’re supposed to have—square jaws, perfect teeth, and arms akimbo. In the Marvel U., you get the guys down the block—the heroes that you’d probably wind up with—neurotic nebbishes who have a hard time paying their rent and getting a date.

To me, there’s something more heroic about that. Sure, the cosmic rays gave Ben superhuman strength—but they also turned him into a grotesque monster. And they didn’t even make him the world’s strongest grotesque monster—or even stronger than alla’ the handsome people…

Yeah, he can crush steel in his bare hands, but so can that pretty boy, Thor. What a gyp, right? But y’know what? He has something none of those other strong guys got! He’s Benjamin J. Grimm—and he don’t stay down! The Hulk could pummel him from now till doomsday—heck, Galactus could dropkick him to New Guinea—and he’d just claw his way back, ready for another go-round! That’s why he’s one of my faves."

and my favorite quote..

quote:
NRAMA: Thanks movie trailer voice-over man…let’s tease this first storyline then – what gets the ball rolling?

DS: It’s the worst day in the Thing’s life, a day that will change the Thing forever!

NRAMA: While he’s busy mindwiping villains, the world changes and the FF are second class citizens?

DS: Right! We’re kicking off a six-issue crossover event that will take everything you know about Ben Grimm, turn it inside out, and when it’s over the Marvel Universe will NEVER be the same again!

Just kiddin’.

I'll say it again. GLA, She-Hulk and now the Thing. Dan Slott is the man. He's becomming one of Marvel's best writers.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 04:46 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I'm gonna get this.

Although I didn't like She-Hulk that much...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 05:44 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Just curious, Dark Crawler, what didn't you like about She-Hulk? And was it the last series, or the new number 1 recently?

I already love Dan Slott's take on the Thing, plus Goliath, Nighthawk and the Constrictor?! Awesome!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 06:40 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote