KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » who are alpha level mutants?

who are alpha level mutants?
Started by: wolverine8888

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

who are alpha level mutants?

alpha level mutants are either the highest level or seconbd highest level of mutants. so who are the alpha level mutants? list them please.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 01:01 AM
wolverine8888 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverine8888 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverine8888 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

alphas are considered to be the "strong" mutants, those who apocalypse would deem fit to survive in his world. they rank above beta level mutants, who have no real definition. i could be inferred that betas are the weak, and possibly subconscious mutations, such as cypher or ugly john. however, i believe forge is a confirmed alpha, so that might discredit the "all subconscious mutations are beta-level" theory.

apocalypse's twelve were alphas all, with the exceptions of jean grey and iceman, who are omegas. that includes cyclops, cable, magneto, polaris, sunfire, storm, the living monolith, etc. considering that there are possibilities/theories circulating that storm may be an omega (from a "possible future"/illusion seen during the twelve,) and some others showing possible "omega" traits, it's unknown if alpha and omega are truly separate designations. the omega classification is on a level separate from the alpha-beta classification system, apparently, and omegas cannot be judged on the same terms as alphas and betas. the generally accepted heirarchy is that alphas are stronger, or more fit to survive, than betas, and that omegas are beyond that classification system entirely... it's complicated.

other confirmed alphas are archangel and the beast, who make up the other 2/5s of the original x-men; two of which are omega (bobby and jean,) and three of which are alphas (scott, warren and hank.)

other mutants who would easily be considered alphas are apocalypse, xavier, gambit, rogue, as well as various other x-men and members of x-related teams.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 01:11 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

I see but who are the best known alpha and most dangrous? in AoA seeing how it realy the only time they put mutants into catorgories. also I mean the top 4

Last edited by wolverine8888 on Oct 28th, 2005 at 01:16 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 01:14 AM
wolverine8888 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverine8888 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverine8888 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

mutants have been classified in the 616 universe by such agents as apocalypse, xavier himself, the shi'ar, and even sentinels. the AoA was not the only time mutants were designated into groups. in fact, in the AoA, apocalypse used the terms "chosen" and "forgotten," as opposed to alpha and beta, when referring to various mutants.

i already listed a handful of alpha-level mutants. their "danger levels" would certainly be dependent more on who they are than the "alphaness" of their powers. beast is an alpha who can cause destruction via his superhuman strength and stamina, but havok can unleash his energy to create the same levels of destruction in different ways. classifying who are and are not dangerous, or scaling them in any way, is a largely subjective argument.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 01:18 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know that wolverine and magneto were listed as two of the most dangerous alpha out there. actauly for apoc he listed them as his most dangerous.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 01:24 AM
Disappear

i doubt wolverine was listed as one of the "most dangerous" simply due to his mutation, though. he wasn't born to be as unbreakable as he is, and though his mutation does enhance his "feral instincts," it's hardly to credit for his impartial view on killing and spreading destruction. were wolverine to have relied solely on his mutation throughout his life, as opposed to having his life so "effed up" by weapon x and that crap, he'd likely be no more "dangerous" than beast, a man with relatively average superheroing experience and a similar mutation.

and, if you could point out where poccy mentioned wolverine as one of the "most dangerous," i'd love to know. not a big fan of people just saying things or manufacturing history without evidence.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 01:32 AM
Phoenix_Avatar9
Spark of Creation

i think X and Mags were said to be THE most powerful alphas, and i thought beast and angel were betas b/c their powers were fairly static and normal, like just a physical mutation, but im might be wrong

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 01:35 AM
Phoenix_Avatar9 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix_Avatar9 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix_Avatar9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

i believe it was made mention in x-men: forever that the original team was made up of three alphas and two omegas. also, apocalypse referred to angel as "fit to survive" as he made him into archangel, and beast may have been directly mentioned by a non-xavier source elsewhere through history.

and, again, judging mutations as "dangerous" is too subjective to be scientific. for example, xavier and magneto might be some of the most practiced, most powerful mutants on the planet, but archangel's powers would be far more powerful in the hands of a madman than xavier's in the hands of a peacenik.

Last edited by Disappear on Oct 28th, 2005 at 01:42 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 01:39 AM
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Disappear
i doubt wolverine was listed as one of the "most dangerous" simply due to his mutation, though. he wasn't born to be as unbreakable as he is, and though his mutation does enhance his "feral instincts," it's hardly to credit for his impartial view on killing and spreading destruction. were wolverine to have relied solely on his mutation throughout his life, as opposed to having his life so "effed up" by weapon x and that crap, he'd likely be no more "dangerous" than beast, a man with relatively average superheroing experience and a similar mutation.

and, if you could point out where poccy mentioned wolverine as one of the "most dangerous," i'd love to know. not a big fan of people just saying things or manufacturing history without evidence.

sorry I do not. but yes I have one that states him as a alpha level mutant and a very well known one as that. I actauly do not own many AoA I never had enough money to get that and the normal unverse comics. wolverine bone claws would still be far more dangerous then beast by the way. also I think beats and angel were realy only betas but I could be wrong. wolverines healing factor is a defensive power but still amzaingly powerful. also wolverine is the most deadly and dangerous muntant on the planet in NU which I can state form comics if u like.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 01:42 AM
Disappear

what makes wolverine more deadly than, say, havok? mutation-wise, absolutely nothing. havok's powers have disintegrated dams; while wolverine's x-gene only gives him enough destructive power to maim or kill a few persons at a time. judging mutations, particularly alphas, as destructive or deadly is SUBJECTIVE, and thus non-scientific. judging mutants individually, not simply by mutation (as was the purpose of this thread,) is far more scientific, as it can include facts not linked to genetics.

also, i know wolverine is an alpha level mutant. i purposefully neglected mentioning him in my posts simply because, as your screenname suggests, this thread would've turned into "wolverine's the best alpha." but it did anyway, so i guess my efforts were for nothing. any canon examples stating wolverine being the "most dangerous" clearly are not based solely around genetics, and likely include hyperbole.

bone claws are no more dangerous that typical claws, especially in this instance if you were to consider what levels of superhuman strength beast has to put behind his claws.

and beast and angel are ALPHAS. confirmed.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 01:51 AM
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

K I never said due to there powers lol. strickly power wise wolverine would be one of the top defense alpha and havok would be one of the top attack alpha. no ur right training and such is what makes the person dangerous not his powers. actauly wolverines bone claws are far denser then normal humans they go right throu metal. but thats besides the piont. hey would jubilee be a alpha?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 01:59 AM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

In AoA the greek letter classification didn't really take much into account - all the main character X-Men were basically just classified as Alphas because they were main story characters. They were "the strong" fighting against Apocalypse.

I concur "the most dangerous" thing is pure hyperbole.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 02:03 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

never seen wolvie's bone claws do anything but leave marks on soft metals, not once puncturing anything beast's claws couldn't. (beasts claws can score metals, too, by the way.) and wolvie's bone claws have been snapped off many times with relatively weak strength applied perpendicular to the length of the claws. i don't recall beast ever mentioning "chipping a nail."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 02:05 AM
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

all the times wolverines claws broke were from either hulk. sabertooth who used adamantium claws or cyber who used adamantium claws. also wolverine boen claws have gone through metal a bunch of times just like when he ripped open the ice box he was in well training to be mroe human again.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 02:11 AM
Disappear

perhaps. but beast can punch through brick walls. he can twist metal rods into pretzels. and, on top of that, he can lift a reported 75 tons. logan has "enhanced human" strength. find a way to mathematically make wolverine's claws more "deadly" than beast's.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 02:53 AM
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

by the way were ever u get that beast lift 75 tons is dead wrong lol. yes he been up graded but his strength did not go from 2 tons to 75 tons buddy. also wolverine using the claws make a big diffrence then beast using them lol.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 02:55 AM
RisingStorm
Impetus

Hi Disappear, you seem to be very knowledgeable about this, and I just want to ask why Angel is considered alpha? I mean not based on the storyline, but scientifically? Sorry, since I was shunned with buying comics since all the comic stores within the 5,000 Kilometers range went bankrupt, I can't seem to find a "common" sense explanation why he is considered alpha...can you please explain why? I'm interested. Thanks!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 06:23 AM
RisingStorm is currently offline Click here to Send RisingStorm a Private Message Find more posts by RisingStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

actually, beast's original strength was 1500 pounds. as far back as, i believe, x-factor issue 30-something, after one of beast's many manipulations, he was meant to have class 75 strength. but, considering the 80s get ignored very often in current continuity, hank's strength levels have fluctuated through the various comics he's been in.

warren's likely considered an alpha because a) his mutation provides him with various superhuman abilities (strength, sight, agility, flight, etc.) and b) because apocalypse only looks upon alphas with a smile, and he was a big fan of worthington just prior to his "transition" to archangel. scientifically, there's really no definition for alphas, besides being superior to betas and being "fit to survive" in apocalypse's wasteland utopia. but since warren's twice confirmed, at least, that's my best guess as to what exactly designates him an alpha.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 01:28 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

wow you were right disappear this has turned into another wolverine thread................

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 06:21 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Disappear
actually, beast's original strength was 1500 pounds. as far back as, i believe, x-factor issue 30-something, after one of beast's many manipulations, he was meant to have class 75 strength. but, considering the 80s get ignored very often in current continuity, hank's strength levels have fluctuated through the various comics he's been in.

warren's likely considered an alpha because a) his mutation provides him with various superhuman abilities (strength, sight, agility, flight, etc.) and b) because apocalypse only looks upon alphas with a smile, and he was a big fan of worthington just prior to his "transition" to archangel. scientifically, there's really no definition for alphas, besides being superior to betas and being "fit to survive" in apocalypse's wasteland utopia. but since warren's twice confirmed, at least, that's my best guess as to what exactly designates him an alpha.

actauly thats not true at all warren has no super strength. his wings posses a little bit allowing him to carry twice his own body weight but thats it. also agility is due to flying on the ground he ahs no superhuman agility what so ever.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 06:34 PM