KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » House of M#8

House of M#8
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

House of M#8

Surprised no posted this yet....

***SPOILERS****

To be absolutely honest, the end was good but unsatisfying on some ends. It certainly left an excellent sense of dread for what's to come. My only compliant is that it raised more questions than it answered...like a million of 'em. Especially the last page. Another compliant is that ONCE AGAIN the story is ALL about the X-Men. Can we get a little Vision or Wonder-Man action please? Maybe some FF? Overall good ending.

****MAJOR SPOILERS******

Hawkeye is back. Yay.

Iceman is not god anymore. Xmarksthespot and demigawd are gonna be pissed. But I'm happy for Bobby. Noone wants to be trapped as a human popsicle for the rest of their damned life.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 10:20 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Yeah, looking at a lot of Iceman's recent stories they were setting him up for a normal life.

Especially that recent issue of X-men Unlimited where the story was about how Bobby keeps writing his resignation letter (fromt he X-men) over and over but he just doesn't have the nerve to give it to Scott.

As for Hawkeye...I don't think he's going to go by that name anymore. It seems like Hawkeye is going to take up some new garb and name. Well that's what it seemed like to me anyway. The ceremonius pinning of his costume to the wall and leaving his quiver of arrows behind...

Hawkeye is Ronin!!!! j/k...but it'd be cool if Clint Barton became someone else.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 10:39 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

who're you kidding? we all know that post-HoM hawkeye goes back in time and becomes the swordsman...

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 10:55 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

You guys want to take bets on how long Mags stays depowered?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 11:00 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

one week. MAX. lol jk. Seriously tho within a year he'll probly get his powers back.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 11:17 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Hah! Post-HoM. Oh god. I can see it now.

"Dude. Don't be stupid! That's PRE-HoM Iceman not POST!"

And Mags will stay depowered for approximately four months.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 11:18 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah. Magneto will be de-powered for 8 months...which, by coincidence only, is when X-men 3 comes out.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 11:53 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ice-God was dumb...I'm happy. Is he completely depowered, or just back to his former levels??

Excessive amounts of mutants were dumb too...HoM might have been crap, but I'll be happy for the changes (except for Jubilee...*sob*)

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 12:41 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

No he's human. And his libido is back. He can have sex now. Ten bucks the first thing he did after he was turned human was bang Polaris.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 01:06 AM
Creshosk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
(except for Jubilee...*sob*)
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 01:24 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Re: House of M#8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draco69
Surprised no posted this yet....

***SPOILERS****

To be absolutely honest, the end was good but unsatisfying on some ends. It certainly left an excellent sense of dread for what's to come. My only compliant is that it raised more questions than it answered...like a million of 'em. Especially the last page. Another compliant is that ONCE AGAIN the story is ALL about the X-Men. Can we get a little Vision or Wonder-Man action please? Maybe some FF? Overall good ending.

****MAJOR SPOILERS******

Hawkeye is back. Yay.

Iceman is not god anymore. Xmarksthespot and demigawd are gonna be pissed. But I'm happy for Bobby. Noone wants to be trapped as a human popsicle for the rest of their damned life.
Actually Blair Wind is the one whose devastated about Iceman. Leaving more questions than answers is as to be expected considering this is more a beginning than an end. Very foreboding. As for why the focus was on the X-Men, frankly how exactly would you make an issue about the depowering of mutantkind about Vision or Wonder Man.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 01:31 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

I thought the issue was good enough.

Still pissed off that Chamber's getting de-powered though...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 01:42 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote