KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » the BEST arch-enemies!

the BEST arch-enemies!
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

the BEST arch-enemies!

hot on the heels of my lex topic, i would love to know which arch-nemeses you like. and just WHO do you think really ARE the arch-nemeses of some of the great heroes and teams. here's a little list to start things off:

superman - luthor
green lantern - sinestro
xmen - magneto
spiderman - green goblin (venom??)
batman - joker
avengers - kang
captain marvel - sivana (??) <- maybe HE'S the worst arch-nemesis??
thor - loki
hulk - leader
jla - ??
wonder woman - ??
namor - attuma
wolverine - ??
aquaman - ??

i could go on, but i'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

ps-by arch-nemeses, i mean the villain you most define as being associated with the hero/es.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 11:50 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

1. Joker
2. Magneto
3. Zoom
4. Green Goblin
5. Galactus

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 12:00 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

galactus? for the ff? i'd say doom for sure for the ff . . .

zoom for flash? for some reason i always think cap cold, for flash. must be the stupid legion of doom cartoon that does it . . . sad

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 12:26 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

JLA - Batman laughing

....It's true.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 12:38 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
galactus? for the ff? i'd say doom for sure for the ff . . .

zoom for flash? for some reason i always think cap cold, for flash. must be the stupid legion of doom cartoon that does it . . . sad

When you said best, i figured you were talking about the most dangerous/powerful/memorable.

If not, then Doom definately for the F.F.
But Cold for Flash? Id definately say Zoom not. I would say Captain Cold for Barry, but Zoom as Wally's villain is on a level higher than any Flash rogue.

Last edited by jrodslam on Dec 19th, 2005 at 12:46 AM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 12:43 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<When you said best, i figured you were talking about the most dangerous/powerful/memorable.>>

no, it's the one you most closely ASSOCIATE with that hero.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 12:55 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

The best arch-enemies are always the kind that show how the hero -could- turn out if he didn't restrain himself or if he wasn't lucky etc.

It allows the hero to have pity on the villain as well as fear him & hate him.

Batman-Joker is the best example. Joker IS Batman if Batman were to dedicate his genius to committing crime.

Dr.Doom IS Reed if Reed went through the same torture.

Sabretooth IS Wolverine if Wolverine were to give into his inner demons.

Those types of villians never get old.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 12:55 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Agreed ^

I hate the villains that are pretty much pointless thugs. It's always a lot more interesting if they are they way you described them as above.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 01:08 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

cobra commando.............. evil face

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 01:11 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by long pig
The best arch-enemies are always the kind that show how the hero -could- turn out if he didn't restrain himself or if he wasn't lucky etc.

It allows the hero to have pity on the villain as well as fear him & hate him.

Batman-Joker is the best example. Joker IS Batman if Batman were to dedicate his genius to committing crime.

Dr.Doom IS Reed if Reed went through the same torture.

Sabretooth IS Wolverine if Wolverine were to give into his inner demons.

Those types of villians never get old.

well said, lp . . . wink

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 01:26 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I always liked Loki. And the Ultimate universe Loki is making a great showing right now.

But my number 1 is...

Chairface Chippendale (arch-enemy of the Tick...or at least one of his main enemies)

How does he talk? Breathe? Eat? Exist al all? And his primary nefarious plot is to write his name on the moon. By super-villian standards, that's freaking awesome! But I always hated the world domination ploy. Actually running a planet would be more work than any one person (or even any one group) could hope to control, even if they have super-powers. I always liked the randomly motivated evil people. Loki just wants to piss off Thor and create mischief. And Chairface has been discussed. Ones like that are the best.

-DM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 01:56 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by DigiMark007
I always liked Loki. And the Ultimate universe Loki is making a great showing right now.

But my number 1 is...

Chairface Chippendale (arch-enemy of the Tick...or at least one of his main enemies)

How does he talk? Breathe? Eat? Exist al all? And his primary nefarious plot is to write his name on the moon. By super-villian standards, that's freaking awesome! But I always hated the world domination ploy. Actually running a planet would be more work than any one person (or even any one group) could hope to control, even if they have super-powers. I always liked the randomly motivated evil people. Loki just wants to piss off Thor and create mischief. And Chairface has been discussed. Ones like that are the best.

-DM

chairface rocks! i always loved the 'most comfortable chair in the world'. not really an arch-nemesis, but still . . . big grin

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 02:01 AM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

But my number 1 is...

-DM

He DID manage to write "CHA" on the moon till tick stopped him though laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 07:37 AM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Batman finds everything he opposes in the Joker.. he's the antithesis of everything Batman is.. and definately one of the coolest villains in comics period...
However, Ras Al Ghul was always a better nemesis, a brilliant fighter and tactician, although they never mentioned his material worth, he is considered wealthy perhaps even beyond Bruce Wayne, from thousands of years of underworld politicing. His influence is vast and far reaching. His minions are everywhere... and he's got a an army of Ninjas. He IS another Batman by all means, but he is just as adamant in different view of 'how things should be'.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 10:06 AM
Juntai is online now! Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Wolverine Villains Sabretooth,Omega Red and Wendigo

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 05:30 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Dr Doom FF

Classic Juggernaut X-Men

Hulkbusters Hulk

Marvel Villains footnotes.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 05:48 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Dark Urizen
He DID manage to write "CHA" on the moon till tick stopped him though laughing out loud

did you see the size of the "CHA" that guy obviously never planned ahead... it'd end up like this

CHAIRFACE CHIPPENDALE!

laughing out loud

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 06:00 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

the Ultimate universe Loki is making a great showing right now.
-DM

yes eek! Im really enjoying Ultimates 2 at the moment.

I think Green Goblin is a great villain to spidey. he just keeps screwign with Peter's life and taking away loved ones, it a crazy obsession, yet Peter always gets back up to have a really cool fight scene with him..............

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 06:16 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote