KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel's 2006 Spoilers (Civil War!!!)

Marvel's 2006 Spoilers (Civil War!!!)
Started by: BlaqChaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlaqChaos

Marvel's 2006 Spoilers (Civil War!!!)

Okay, we all know that for years now, Marvel and DC have these major summer crossover events take place. Most of Marvel's summer events have revolved around mutants, and just happen to touch on other non-mutant characters here and there. Not next year. Next year, the only character that won't be pulled into it will be the Hulk (and that's only because he's going to be stuck on another planet for the majority of it).

For years now, there have been fears that the government was going to pass that "Mutant Registration Act" into law. Now, with the events of last year with Wanda and the House of M, it was almost certain that the government was going to do something. But what happens surprises everyone.

Instead of a "Mutant Registration Act" the government passes a "Superhero Registration Act" into law. It mandates that all superheroes relinquish their secret identities and register themselves with the government, or face life imprisonment.

The superhero community will be sharply divided over this, and every superhero team from the Avengers to the X-Men will end up divided.

From the ranks of the Avengers two people will arrise. One leading the side of those who sided with the government's new law, one leading the side against the new law.

New teams will be formed and heroes will end up fighting against former friends and teammates. And with hero fighting hero, it'll make it harder to decide who to root for.

Also a Galactus level threat will make it's presense known: "The Collective." (What? I know you didn't think that all that energy and power from mutants who lost their abilities didn't just go nowhere.)

As for my ideas? Captain America would seem to be the obvious choice to lead those loyal to the government. But maybe it's too obvious a choice. He has been pretty vocal lately about not likeing how things have been going, and how SHIELD has been corrupted. I doubt it'll go any easier when he finds out that there are micro cameras that have been snuck into the Xavier Institute, Avengers Tower, Four Freedoms Plaza, even the Thunderbolt's HQ, secretly by the government. If Cap doesn't lead the government forces than my next choice is Spider-woman. She's a SHIELD agent, and she's been harboring too many serects lately.

But if Cap does lead the gov forces, then who would lead the anti-gov forces from the Avengers?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:32 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Apparently members of Alpha FLight will be in this, so I will pick it up. My money is they will job.....job like their lives depended on it.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:33 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Yeah making Cap the leader of the pro Gov forces would be really obvious. Maybe he will be so divided on who to join throughout the story.

My bet's on Spider-woman since I doubt Tony would want to make his identity public neither would peter. Luke wouldn't care about making his identity public but he wouldn't like being told that he has to. He's not the guy you force to do anything he doesn't decide for himself. And wolverine would see this as the mutant registration act and decide to against just on that.

Now that leaves the leader of the other side. The likely choice would be either Ironman or Cap. But who knows they might come out of nowhere and make Spider-man the leader. It would be kind of nice to finally step into the spotlight and have something happened to him that didn't involved him loosing an organ,or family member,or go through the crap Marvel seems to love to put him through.

sig by willRules

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:44 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Marvel's 2006 Spoilers (Civil War!!!)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Okay, we all know that for years now, Marvel and DC have these major summer crossover events take place. Most of Marvel's summer events have revolved around mutants, and just happen to touch on other non-mutant characters here and there. Not next year. Next year, the only character that won't be pulled into it will be the Hulk (and that's only because he's going to be stuck on another planet for the majority of it).

For years now, there have been fears that the government was going to pass that "Mutant Registration Act" into law. Now, with the events of last year with Wanda and the House of M, it was almost certain that the government was going to do something. But what happens surprises everyone.

Instead of a "Mutant Registration Act" the government passes a "Superhero Registration Act" into law. It mandates that all superheroes relinquish their secret identities and register themselves with the government, or face life imprisonment.

The superhero community will be sharply divided over this, and every superhero team from the Avengers to the X-Men will end up divided.

From the ranks of the Avengers two people will arrise. One leading the side of those who sided with the government's new law, one leading the side against the new law.

New teams will be formed and heroes will end up fighting against former friends and teammates. And with hero fighting hero, it'll make it harder to decide who to root for.

Also a Galactus level threat will make it's presense known: "The Collective." (What? I know you didn't think that all that energy and power from mutants who lost their abilities didn't just go nowhere.)

As for my ideas? Captain America would seem to be the obvious choice to lead those loyal to the government. But maybe it's too obvious a choice. He has been pretty vocal lately about not likeing how things have been going, and how SHIELD has been corrupted. I doubt it'll go any easier when he finds out that there are micro cameras that have been snuck into the Xavier Institute, Avengers Tower, Four Freedoms Plaza, even the Thunderbolt's HQ, secretly by the government. If Cap doesn't lead the government forces than my next choice is Spider-woman. She's a SHIELD agent, and she's been harboring too many serects lately.

But if Cap does lead the gov forces, then who would lead the anti-gov forces from the Avengers?

And then Brother eye will release the Omacs .... oh woops wrong universe

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:45 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Hmm...seems interesting. I will most likely pic this up.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:46 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Re: Re: Marvel's 2006 Spoilers (Civil War!!!)

Originally posted by Fishy 500
And then Brother eye will release the Omacs .... oh woops wrong universe

Omacs? Oh you mean those ripoff sentinels big grin

sig by willRules

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:47 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

Originally posted by Jose123
Now that leaves the leader of the other side. The likely choice would be either Ironman or Cap. But who knows they might come out of nowhere and make Spider-man the leader. It would be kind of nice to finally step into the spotlight and have something happened to him that didn't involved him loosing an organ,or family member,or go through the crap Marvel seems to love to put him through.
You know, I considered Spider-man. I've heard rumors that this "The Other" thing will change him not only physically, but mentally as well. And we know that he wants to protect his secret more than anyone.

Another choice for the pro-govs leader could be Warbird/Ms. Marvel. I've heard that she's coming back to the Avengers fold.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:49 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nothing original here, Superhero registration act, hmmmmmm Watchmen anyone?

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:50 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

I'm definitely picking Spider-Man to lead the Anti-Government team. Ms. Marvel is a good pick for the opposite.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:52 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Nothing original here, Superhero registration act, hmmmmmm Watchmen anyone?
Oh come on now. What is original anymore?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:52 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Marvel's 2006 Spoilers (Civil War!!!)

Originally posted by Jose123
Omacs? Oh you mean those ripoff sentinels big grin

I was waiting for that ! smile

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:53 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

Hey, could someone do me a favor? I want to make a poll, but I don't know how. I want the poll to be what Avenger people think will lead each side.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:53 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Ultimates ! smile

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:54 PM
BlaqChaos

The Ultimates ! smile
You're calling a "reimagining" of old characters and titles original? That's like saying that the new Battlestar Galactica is original.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:55 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're calling a "reimagining" of old characters and titles original? That's like saying that the new Battlestar Galactica is original.

Story and format ... they might aswell be new characters ! smile

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:56 PM
BlaqChaos

Story and format ... they might aswell be new characters ! smile
Well in that case, "story and format" this is original too.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:57 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well in that case, "story and format" this is original too.

Format ? ... maybe

Story ? ..... um NO !

smile

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:59 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

very little

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 10:00 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Here's the thing though. Not many Marvel heroes even have secret IDs. The X-Men are all known, the Fantastic Four is well known, the Avengers are known save for Spider-Man and maybe Sentry but practically everyone in Marvel has a government file with all their info on it.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 10:03 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ion
Here's the thing though. Not many Marvel heroes even have secret IDs. The X-Men are all known, the Fantastic Four is well known, the Avengers are known save for Spider-Man and maybe Sentry but practically everyone in Marvel has a government file with all their info on it.

Great ! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 10:07 PM