KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Lets talk about HULKling

Lets talk about HULKling
Started by: HigH ScholaR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HigH ScholaR

Lets talk about HULKling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulkling

tHE HULK NAME will be a laughing stock on these forums it already begining.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 02:28 AM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

NOOOOOOO!!!!! mad

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 05:11 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

There, There, one step at a time, man i aint got nothing against gays although perosnaly and bein a Christian i don't believe it or may like it but Becuase iits Hulk it just ruins The Hulk name we picture someone with the hulk as strong and beefy now or i can picture is a muisclebound man doing the YMCA and thats just few of the jokes i heard.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 07:49 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulk_Power

Aww man this is gay! This sucks. mad

Check out the Hulk Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 10:53 PM
Hulk_Power is currently offline Click here to Send Hulk_Power a Private Message Find more posts by Hulk_Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

They'll probably change his name. If he's actually Mar-Vell's son he'll be the new Captain Marvel they keep hinting at.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 10:55 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Meh, i thought he's been pretty cool so far. Who cares if he's gay. IN fact, i think it makes hime more interesting.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 11:15 PM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

I like his powers....but to be gay? no disrespect to gay people, but I dont believe in that......

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 11:21 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

Dammit this never happens to superman the irony though how it was a hulk and thor rip of/young version (whatever)f that are gay considering that Thor and Hulk hvae fought hundreds of times.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 12:10 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

gay, shmay, who cares. I don't like this: just like it seems there has to be a female version of every male character, sometimes it seems like there has to be a teen/younger version of every character as well.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 08:31 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulk_Power

I don't know but I don't think it's right that they're making gay heroes. Adults/older people aren't the only one's that read comics. Younger people/kids do too. Comics should be clean and not show such things as sex, drugs, drinking, and homosexuality. These things don't affect us because we're an older crowd of comic readers and we're pretty mature about these kinds of things but I'm saying this for future generations and the young crowd of comic readers out there. Just think about it, what are we teaching kids with this kind of crap? Right now they're STARTING to make gay heroes such as Northstar, Ultimate Colossus and now "Hulkling," but what if in ten, twenty years from now they're showing crap even worse? Such as gay marriages in comics or they start making teams of gay superheroes? In the future these kinds of things will be view as something normal like if it's no big deal, but it's probably going to get worse before it gets better. Just think about it, do you want your future kids reading that kind of garbage? I don't think any of you would. I mean don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with gay people but I don't think they have a place in comics. Especially being portrayed as superheroes. But whatever...this is just my opinion. Some people will agree with me and others won't.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 11:44 PM
Hulk_Power is currently offline Click here to Send Hulk_Power a Private Message Find more posts by Hulk_Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

and you know what some of these more hardcore fans will idolise thses eroes and some of them might be gay so you'll have these kids dressing up n their favourite supeherocustome pretending to be a gay hero and inturn night grow up to be gay, don't know much about you guys but i believe in man and women then children thats how i would want tmy kids groeing up. but not to change the subject but i mean if why woul there be man and women if homosexuality was mean to be why not men and not women and yes if that was we would have died out along time ago. as i once heard 'its supposed to be Adam and Eve, not Adamn and Steve.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 12:50 AM
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

You people are really overreacting. They're gay, so what. Did you like these characters before you found out they were gay? It's like these idiots that are trying to ban Brokeback Mountain just because it's about gay people. If the movies good, who cares. If you don't want to watch it, then don't.

Now the million dollar question... If the two characters were female, would you be raving on like you are here?

A member of the Runaways comic was revealed to be a lesbian recently. I have not seen one topic anywhere on the net where people are are expressing their outrage about that. Why, because it's ok for females?

Double standard anyone?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 03:22 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulk_Power

To tell you the truth, I don't think it's right for lesbians to be coming out in comic books either.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 03:27 AM
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hulk_Power
To tell you the truth, I don't think it's right for lesbians to be coming out in comic books either.
So if it's that much of a problem for you, why haven't you made a topic about that. Don't read Runaways?

Really what this is all about, is that you're so insecure about the Hulk's popularity, you think that anyone attached to him being gay will make him a laughing stock. And you can't stand Hulkling because of that?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 03:32 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

but what if in ten, twenty years from now they're showing crap even worse? Such as gay marriages in comics

Midnighter and Apollo got married in an Authority comic

I don't have a problem with gay people

it sure as hell sounds like you do

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 03:35 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulk_Power

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
So if it's that much of a problem for you, why haven't you made a topic about that. Don't read Runaways?

Really what this is all about, is that you're so insecure about the Hulk's popularity, you think that anyone attached to him being gay will make him a laughing stock. And you can't stand Hulkling because of that?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alright let me get this straight with you. First of all it's not because this gay new character is similar to the Hulk and I'm afraid of all that other crap you said. I wouldn't care less about that. What I don't like is the message they're portraying and giving out to the public. Especially to little kids. My little brother reads comic books and I don't want him reading comics about some queer character. That's not what I want my brother to learn. I don't want my brother thinking being gay is alright.

Usually comic book characters are kid's idols. I don't want gay heroes to be my little brother's idol. It's just not right and I'm sure you agree with me or at least understand my point of view.

Besides, lesbianism is not the topic of this discussion but like I said, I don't think that is right either. I wasn't even aware of a lesbian character in Runaways because I DON'T READ THAT SERIES.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 03:42 AM
Hulk_Power

Originally posted by Scoobless
it sure as hell sounds like you do

I don't have a problem with people being gay. Just as long as they're not being made into comic book characters.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 03:43 AM
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Alright let me get this straight with you. First of all it's not because this gay new character is similar to the Hulk and I'm afraid of all that other crap you said. I wouldn't care less about that.
Yeah sorry, that comment was more directed towards HigH ScholaR.

What I don't like is the message they're portraying and giving out to the public. Especially to little kids. My little brother reads comic books and I don't want him reading comics about some queer character. That's not what I want my brother to learn. I don't want my brother thinking being gay is alright.

Usually comic book characters are kid's idols. I don't want gay heroes to be my little brother's idol. It's just not right and I'm sure you agree with me or at least understand my point of view.
Tell me, what's wrong with being gay? What makes them unfit to be a kids idol? Why isn't being gay alright? I thought you didn't have a problem with it.

Believe it or not, in the end, kids figure out who they are and what they want by themselves. They take all they've learnt, and turn into to who they want to be. Sure, they're bombarded with all kinds of different influences, they might even think they're gay when they're actually not. The main thing is, as they grow up, they'll figure it all out for themselves. Kids/teenagers are nowhere near as ignorant as they're made out to be. In the end, they decide if they're gay or not and who they want to be. And as long as they're happy, who gives a **** if they're gay or not?

Besides, lesbianism is not the topic of this discussion but like I said, I don't think that is right either. I wasn't even aware of a lesbian character in Runaways because I DON'T READ THAT SERIES.
I figured as much...

I don't have a problem with people being gay. Just as long as they're not being made into comic book characters.
Talk about a contradictory statement. Your entire post reeks of derogatory comments and attitudes towards gay people, yet you don't have a problem with them? If you truly didn't have problem with them, then you wouldn't have a problem with gay comic characters.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 04:17 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

That's not what I want my brother to learn. I don't want my brother thinking being gay is alright.

you'd prefer he was a small minded prejudiced bigot?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 04:14 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

Nah me i don't care whos gay or not, i just don't believe in the ehole homosexual thing man or girl, now lets not go off topic here if i wanted to makle this thread become tjhe way its going i would have opened a thread called gay comic book characters, the reason i made this thread was to give popel the insight on Hulkling after i told some poeple here about who marvel's got these poeple called young avengers they read the bios the next minute the hulk was recieving all kind of jokes hence which is why i said
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
There, There, one step at a time, man i aint got nothing against gays although perosnaly and bein a Christian i don't believe it or may like it but Becuase iits Hulk it just ruins The Hulk name we picture someone with the hulk as strong and beefy now or i can picture is a muisclebound man doing the YMCA and thats just few of the jokes i heard.

i will say agina i have no hate towrds gay, just don't bekieve in it man or women when it comes down to it.

oh and for the record i was going to get Young avengers anyway and no i no nothing of hulkling and as i see it i have not demonstrated anybit of hate towards hulkling he axtual sees interesting,i hope you can look behind this and see why the thread was actual created, and the first few posts.

Don't read Runaways

Nope? though i hear it has good reveiws,

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 08:39 PM