KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » How do I post comic book scans?

How do I post comic book scans?
Started by: Hit and Run

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Accel

How do I post comic book scans?

Can someone please tell me how I upload images onto these threads? I am still new at this sort of stuff and haven't quite figured it out yet. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 02:15 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Re: How do I post comic book scans?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hit and Run
Can someone please tell me how I upload images onto these threads? I am still new at this sort of stuff and haven't quite figured it out yet. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Google "ImageShack"

Go to the image shack site and then all you have to do is press the Browse button and then select whatever file you wish to upload from your PC and then press host it.

It will then upload and you will be taken to a page with loads of different links on it.

Its best to choose a link from the top of the page. The one which says Thumbnail for forums.

Try it out smile

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 02:46 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Thank you, but I have couple more questions.

1.) Do I have to be registered with ImageShack?

2.) With ImageShack, am I able to upload pics from Microsoft Word? Because that seems to be the only place I can put my images after I've scanned them.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 03:03 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Thank you, but I have couple more questions.

1.) Do I have to be registered with ImageShack?

2.) With ImageShack, am I able to upload pics from Microsoft Word? Because that seems to be the only place I can put my images after I've scanned them.

Ummm......no. you can't upload a picture directly from Word, but you can copy/paste it in IrfanView or ACDSee, or Photoshop, or any other picture program, and then save it as .bmp or .gif or .jpg (best) and then upload that file directly..........

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 03:07 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Alright, thanks guys! smile

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 03:16 PM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

No problem smile

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 03:37 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

i could've said all that..... but i didn't want to

stick out tongue

(please log in to view the image)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 03:44 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Jesus Scoob, you're a man with a mission laughing out loud
F*cking scot laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 04:05 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Dark Urizen
Jesus Scoob, you're a man with a mission laughing out loud
F*cking scot laughing out loud

it was the last thing i'd copy/pasted...... figured i'd use it as an example on how to post a pic

stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 04:43 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by Dark Urizen
Ummm......no. you can't upload a picture directly from Word, but you can copy/paste it in IrfanView or ACDSee, or Photoshop, or any other picture program, and then save it as .bmp or .gif or .jpg (best) and then upload that file directly..........

I'm sorry, but I checked out those sites you recommended and I still couldn't find any copy or paste options embarrasment. Instead, all I found were products that the sites were trying to sell.

Do I need to pay for anything or do I need to register on any of them in order to copy pictures? confused

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 03:12 AM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

First, go here: ImageShack

Where it says "Upload from..." choose file if the file is saved to your hard drive. Click "Browse", and find the picture you want to show. Once you have found it, hit "OK" and then click "Host It."

Done. big grin

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 08:29 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

The problem is, I can't seem to upload my pictures onto a hard drive and at the moment, the way Dark Urizen suggested sounds like the right way for me. I'm just having trouble finding the copy/paste options in any of the picture programs he mentioned so I was wondering if anyone could direct me to any of those options on any of those sites.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 12:21 AM
Accel

I am also still wondering whether or not I have to be registered on any certain programs or if I have to purchase something in order to copy and paste pictures on any of those sites.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 12:54 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

there is only one site mentioned....imageshack is free....the other things are picture programs on your computer, it should have at least some type of program....save you pictures there, then hit browse on Imageshack, find the document with your picture and upload it.....

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 04:35 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

The problem is, I can't seem to upload my pictures onto a hard drive and at the moment, the way Dark Urizen suggested sounds like the right way for me. I'm just having trouble finding the copy/paste options in any of the picture programs he mentioned so I was wondering if anyone could direct me to any of those options on any of those sites.

I am also still wondering whether or not I have to be registered on any certain programs or if I have to purchase something in order to copy and paste pictures on any of those sites.

Your scanner must put the scans somewhere in your hardrive. erm

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 08:47 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote