KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » dc and marvel trade places

dc and marvel trade places
Started by: Blue nocturne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

dc and marvel trade places

What characters would you like to see come to MU from DCU and vice versa?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 10:28 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Broken Darkness

I say leave them as is. The villains and characters are tailored for their respective universe. Superman wouldn't be Superman if he were in the MU. If Marvel does buy him, they'll more than likely make him much more obscure, or kill him off.

"Life is Complex... so am I."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 10:41 PM
Broken Darkness is currently offline Click here to Send Broken Darkness a Private Message Find more posts by Broken Darkness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

How could one make Superman obscure? He epitomizes superhero culture.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 11:36 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

If Superman went to Marvel Earth, it would be a vastly different place. People like Wolverine would be villains, and prompty dealt with.
A greater sense of write and wrong would emerge.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 11:56 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Snake
The General

^^^^ this is true

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 01:20 AM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
..:Sn0w:..

Nah man it'd be the same if Supes went there.

If Slades still around then Wolverine would still be.

Your acting like Supermans like Jesus or something.

Last edited by ..:Sn0w:.. on Mar 30th, 2006 at 03:14 AM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 03:11 AM
..:Sn0w:.. is currently offline Click here to Send ..:Sn0w:.. a Private Message Find more posts by ..:Sn0w:.. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Green lantern in marvel would be cool IMO

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 04:21 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
Green lantern in marvel would be cool IMO

Yeah it would be like Quasar with green rings wink

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 04:33 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Broken Darkness

Originally posted by Juntai
If Superman went to Marvel Earth, it would be a vastly different place. People like Wolverine would be villains, and prompty dealt with.
A greater sense of write and wrong would emerge.

That's debatable. Superman, being as mighty as he is, going to the Marvel universe would be absurdly shocked at how he would be treated there. Captain America told Superman that it seems that the heroes of DC lord over their Earth. I could see the two having another conversatino on top of Stark Tower, and him agreeing that the Marvel universe makes it much harder to be a hero. People don't always like heroes. There are many more cynics in the Marvel universe who just don't trust people that powerful. In a way, from what Marcus has told me of Infinite Crisis, those heroes are starting to see what it would be like for that to happen. Superman would probably end up switching his costume up a bit, joining the Avengers, and working at the Daily Bugle, while him and Peter Parker laugh about the fact they're always being made fun of in the Bugle.

Now, let's say if Spider-Man, who is considered Marvel's champion (which is why he was given the power cosmic) went to DC, he would find himself in a world that would be nearly nostalgic. He would be readily accepted, and loved. It would be utter bliss for him. However, it wouldn't feel right to him. He couldn't live in a world where he's put on a pedestal like DC heroes are for long. He'd end up saying goodbye, and heading back to Marvel.

This is just what I've observed. If you have a bias toward labels, please don't get offended. This is just one girl's observations.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 04:43 PM
Broken Darkness is currently offline Click here to Send Broken Darkness a Private Message Find more posts by Broken Darkness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

very impressive but why wouldnt spidey like it

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 04:49 PM
A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Broken Darkness

It just wouldn't seem real to him. Too plastic, almost. He from a world that is much more raw than DC.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 07:04 PM
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

yor getting very good at this arent u yes

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 07:08 PM
A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Spidey would also have a bit of a trouble with a lot of the threats of the DCU. A lot of the heroes seem to be full of themselves in the JLA, like Wonder Woman, and you know she'd give him a hard time about joining if he chose to. Plus you've got people that constantly go up and down in their powers like Darkseize, and Spider-Man wouldn't get used to that lol.

Someone I'd like to see over in the Marvel universe for a little while is Flash. Quicksilver just doesn't cut it. I'd want to see what he would be able to do to punk some of these people who think that they're hot in Marvel. Who would I like to see in DC? Gambit. Why? I don't know, he's cool, and it'd be fun to see him fight some people lol.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 11:00 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
..:Sn0w:..

Originally posted by DraconaInVolata
That's debatable. Superman, being as mighty as he is, going to the Marvel universe would be absurdly shocked at how he would be treated there. Captain America told Superman that it seems that the heroes of DC lord over their Earth. I could see the two having another conversatino on top of Stark Tower, and him agreeing that the Marvel universe makes it much harder to be a hero. People don't always like heroes. There are many more cynics in the Marvel universe who just don't trust people that powerful. In a way, from what Marcus has told me of Infinite Crisis, those heroes are starting to see what it would be like for that to happen. Superman would probably end up switching his costume up a bit, joining the Avengers, and working at the Daily Bugle, while him and Peter Parker laugh about the fact they're always being made fun of in the Bugle.

Now, let's say if Spider-Man, who is considered Marvel's champion (which is why he was given the power cosmic) went to DC, he would find himself in a world that would be nearly nostalgic. He would be readily accepted, and loved. It would be utter bliss for him. However, it wouldn't feel right to him. He couldn't live in a world where he's put on a pedestal like DC heroes are for long. He'd end up saying goodbye, and heading back to Marvel.

This is just what I've observed. If you have a bias toward labels, please don't get offended. This is just one girl's observations.

Actually I'd think he'd like to be in a world where he's loved an accepted more because hes always trying to convice JJ to not make like hes the villian Spider-Man in the paper.

In House of M when he got everything he wanted he was real pissed it wasn't real and had trouble dealing with it not being in the end.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 03:18 PM
..:Sn0w:.. is currently offline Click here to Send ..:Sn0w:.. a Private Message Find more posts by ..:Sn0w:.. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you guys think Spider-man deserves to be a member of JLA?
I mean his powers look pathetic comparing to others. I know Batman doesn't have powers but he has technology to work for him.

I still think Spidey could make a good fight to all Bruce foes.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 04:03 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

he could beat all of them easily

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 04:04 PM
steverules
The doctor

Wolverine would be DC's superman. lol

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 04:15 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

about the superman taking out worlvy bit, not above, i think it depends on whether or not worlvys in x men, if he is they will be considered a heros so if hes with them he will trust them with him, but if he isnt he will proberly take him out, thats just my oppinion

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 04:18 PM