KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Planet Hulk

Planet Hulk
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Planet Hulk

This is now the official Planet Hulk discussion thread.

The first 2 issues are out right now!

Have at it!

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 05:26 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Planet Hulk is the shiznic, the story line is awesome. It reminds me of the Jarella story arc from decades ago, only better. Is the dominant personality Joe Fixit? It sure seems like it.

Apparently from what I've heard, this story line will last for 10 plus issues Happy Dance I can't wait to see what's next... Oh, and I think Norrin Radd is going to make an appearance!

Exactly how strong are these guys on planet Hulk, Corg is seen actually overpowering Bruce, but is something wrong with him? He gets burned, and doesn't heal... did I miss something? Keep in mind that issue 92 is the first issue of the Hulk that I have bought in years, so if anyone knows something please let me know... I'm all eyes.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 06:06 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CaptainStoic

Apparently from what I've heard, this story line will last for 10 plus issues Happy Dance I can't wait to see what's next... Oh, and I think Norrin Radd is going to make an appearance!

He certainly is... smile

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3936/hulk95a1bo.jpg

Oh yeah, how about this:
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

And since Silver Surfer is going to be on Planet Hulk...

I DO sense the orginal Defenders returning...once again.

Damn, I wish they would make an ongoing Defenders series.

Without characters like Hellcat or Nighthawk. They just ruined it for me on the classic series. Just the Big 4.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 09:46 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Is that the actual cover of 94? How the hell is the Hulk going to beat him (Silver Surfer)? I mean is it me, or does the Hulk seem a lot weaker in this Planet Hulk story line? What about his Joe Fixit persona?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 10:11 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Yeah, it's the actual cover. I'm not sure how they will fight, though.

And yeah, he does seem weaker...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 10:24 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Can someone dexplain what Planet Hulk is about? IOt sounds... strange...?

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 10:35 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

"What is Planet Hulk? Planet Hulk is a year long, 14 part story line that puts the Hulk in a situation he is not used to being in, namely not the strongest one around. Events spin out of the "Peace in our Time" storyline which has Illuminati tricking the Hulk into going into outer space to take care of an orbiting weapon that SHIELD put up there. Due to that event, the Hulk finds himself a long distance away from the Earth and on an unknown planet in which he is not the strongest. He lands on a planet that is very much like Rome in it's culture, with the person in charge known only as the Emperor. This planet has managed to acquire pieces and parts of advanced technology over many years.

There are three types of species native to the planet: The Imperials, who are slender pink to crimson humanoids that are the ones in control of the planet; the Natives, four-armed insectoids who are used as slaves by the Imperials; and the Shadow People, tall grey people who live in the mountains and deserts. This planet is also located near a cosmic portal, so all types of aliens and technology come to be on the planet. The Hulk finds himself along with the other oppressed aliens on the planet in having to fight in gladiator battles for their lives.

With battle axes and blasters along with his strength as his only means of fight, how will the Hulk survive in this world and what type of world would he make if possibly he was able to gain control? Listed below is the timeline and basic info for this incredible journey for the Hulk. And don't think that the Earth won't feel the effect of the Hulk being missing. After all, he is the strongest person on the planet and him being gone will definitely have an impact during the upcoming Civil War storyline in the rest of the Marvel Comics."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati_%28comics%29

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 10:40 AM
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

I don't think it's that the Hulk is weaker, just that everthing else is stronger. That was one of the main concepts of Planet Hulk IIRC, putting Hulk in an environment where mostly everything is his equal or stronger.

Either way, it's been great so far.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 10:51 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Thanks, DC... that sounds REALLy weird but possibly cool. Don't suppose anyone has scans?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 10:53 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I don't think it's that the Hulk is weaker, just that everthing else is stronger. That was one of the main concepts of Planet Hulk IIRC, putting Hulk in an environment where mostly everything is his equal or stronger.

Either way, it's been great so far.

He has to be weaker, I mean did you see how he wasn't healing when he got sucker punched, or burned? I thought at first that it may have been the artist, but as I continued to read I realised that it wasn't. Which leaves me to believe that he is weaker, despite what IIRC says. Don't get me wrong, they are more than likely a better source on this subject than I am, but what I saw in 92 and 93 makes him look significantly weaker... his strength feats look a little like Venoms, you know what I mean?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 11:25 AM
Kovacs86

That sounds worrying... weaker Hulk and MUCH stronger enemies...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 12:19 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

One thing I like about this arc so far: NO Bruce Banner.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 05:53 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

So it's all HULK SMASH, is it?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 05:56 PM
Chamillionaire
Mixtape Messiah

I've read Hulk 92 - Planet Hulk it's going to be something...Strong foes, and The Hulk big grinbig grinbig grin I'm looking forward to next issues.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 09:09 PM
Chamillionaire is currently offline Click here to Send Chamillionaire a Private Message Find more posts by Chamillionaire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

You know what I really like about it? It's that Joe Fixit persona, the I don't give a sh*t attitude that he has going. In 93 he said something to the account of " Their machines and heros won't save them", I wonder where he's going with that statement?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 09:20 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Anyone got any scans?

I don't normally pick up Hulk issues, but this could be interesting...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 10:25 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hulk over the past year has been good. I liked it when there was the Hulk vs "Grey Hulk" fight. Good stuff.

My sigs. | Slade Explained| Respect Beta Ray |Respect Thor | Sheer idiocy

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 10:40 PM
Thunderstrike is currently offline Click here to Send Thunderstrike a Private Message Find more posts by Thunderstrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ra˙ne
Dark Queen

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
"What is Planet Hulk? Planet Hulk is a year long, 14 part story line that puts the Hulk in a situation he is not used to being in, namely not the strongest one around. Events spin out of the "Peace in our Time" storyline which has Illuminati tricking the Hulk into going into outer space to take care of an orbiting weapon that SHIELD put up there. Due to that event, the Hulk finds himself a long distance away from the Earth and on an unknown planet in which he is not the strongest. He lands on a planet that is very much like Rome in it's culture, with the person in charge known only as the Emperor. This planet has managed to acquire pieces and parts of advanced technology over many years.

There are three types of species native to the planet: The Imperials, who are slender pink to crimson humanoids that are the ones in control of the planet; the Natives, four-armed insectoids who are used as slaves by the Imperials; and the Shadow People, tall grey people who live in the mountains and deserts. This planet is also located near a cosmic portal, so all types of aliens and technology come to be on the planet. The Hulk finds himself along with the other oppressed aliens on the planet in having to fight in gladiator battles for their lives.

With battle axes and blasters along with his strength as his only means of fight, how will the Hulk survive in this world and what type of world would he make if possibly he was able to gain control? Listed below is the timeline and basic info for this incredible journey for the Hulk. And don't think that the Earth won't feel the effect of the Hulk being missing. After all, he is the strongest person on the planet and him being gone will definitely have an impact during the upcoming Civil War storyline in the rest of the Marvel Comics."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati_%28comics%29

Is Hulk going to be back in time for the Civil War?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 05:57 AM
Ra˙ne is currently offline Click here to Send Ra˙ne a Private Message Find more posts by Ra˙ne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Planet Hulk is a year long event. Don't think he'll be back in time.

My sigs. | Slade Explained| Respect Beta Ray |Respect Thor | Sheer idiocy

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 06:04 AM
Thunderstrike is currently offline Click here to Send Thunderstrike a Private Message Find more posts by Thunderstrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ra˙ne
Dark Queen

sad Well at least I have She-Hulk I wonder which side she'll be on.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 06:16 AM
Ra˙ne is currently offline Click here to Send Ra˙ne a Private Message Find more posts by Ra˙ne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote