KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Tie-ins to Civil War?

Tie-ins to Civil War?
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morridini
Morridini

Tie-ins to Civil War?

(Reason for not posting in the other Civil War thread is so that I wont get anything spoiled).

I am planing on downloading and reading Civil War as they are being released in the US (reason being that I don't think Norway will start selling the Civil War. However before starting on the actual Civil War (once it is released) I would like to know if there are any comics that leads to the Civil War that I should try to read first? Like all the Infinite Crisis Tie-ins DC had. Thanks in advance.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 02:05 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Morridini, could you upload the Civil War onto here as each 1 comes out? Or can you tell me what site you use to download comics?

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 05:10 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I use a P2P program called DC++. U enter different hubs and download directly from users all over the world, the downside with this is that the great hubs require u to share a big amount of stuff, like 50+GB. But one comic once a month (or each second month?) can I easily handle to upload. However I think it is frowned upon by the mods to post links in threads.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 05:12 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

No, I don't think so...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 05:15 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

well bumptybump for some ontopic answers.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 05:00 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

All of the tie-ins so far have the phrase "Road to Civil War" at the top. The only "tie-in" I've read so far has been Illuminati, which was pretty good. I can't help you read them, though... sorry.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 05:12 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you go to Marvel.com, they have a checklist of everything you need to get the full story.

My sigs. | Slade Explained| Respect Beta Ray |Respect Thor | Sheer idiocy

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 05:33 AM
Thunderstrike is currently offline Click here to Send Thunderstrike a Private Message Find more posts by Thunderstrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

ROAD TO CIVIL WAR:
Amazing Spider-Man 529-531
Civil War: Opening Shot Sketchbook
Fantastic Four #536-537
New Avengers Illuminati

CIVIL WAR:
Civil War 1-7
Civil War: Front Line 1-10
Amazing Spider-Man 532-537
Black Panther 18
Cable/Deadpool 30-32
Captain America 22-24
Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways 1-4
Civil War: X-Men 1-4
Daily Bugle: Civil War Edition
Fantastic Four 538-543
Heroes For Hire 1-3
Iron Man 13-14
Marvel Spotlight: Millar/McNiven
Ms. Marvel 6-8
New Avengers 21-25
Punisher: War Journal 1-3
She-Hulk 8
Thunderbolts 103-105
Wolverine 42-47
X-Factor 8-9

Interesting to note a new Heroes for Hire series coming out of Civil War.

Last edited by ScarletSpider on Apr 7th, 2006 at 01:46 AM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 01:42 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

I didn't sort it out to see if both Marvel and SS have the same books listed, but this is what their site has:

Tie-In Issues
Amazing Spider-Man #529-531, New Avengers: Illuminati #1, Fantastic Four #536-537, Black Panther #18, Cable & Deadpool #30-32, Captain America #22-24, Daily Bugle: Civil War Edition, Fantastic Four #538-543, Heroes For Hire #1-3, Iron Man #13-14, Ms. Marvel #6-8, New Avengers #21-25, Punisher War Journal #1-3, She-Hulk #8, Thunderbolts #103-105, Wolverine #42-47, X-Factor #8-9, Civil War: Opening Shot Sketchbook

Core Issues
Civil War #1-7, Civil War: Front Line #1-10, Civil War: X-Men #1-4, Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #1-4

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 08:27 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

Hmmm this doesn't really apply to the topic that much, but does anyone else think Genis might of been killed off recently because thunderbolts are involved in the storyline, and he may of been too powerful of an individual to be on any team.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 09:55 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Maestro
Hmmm this doesn't really apply to the topic that much, but does anyone else think Genis might of been killed off recently because thunderbolts are involved in the storyline, and he may of been too powerful of an individual to be on any team.

I would not want any Genis fan to think I got rid of him because I don't like the character, just the opposite, I liked him too much to be a party to his continued misery.

-Fabian Nicieza

Validus knows more about the story behind that quote since he was the one that posted it. But it doesn't sound like Genis was killed off because he was to powerful for the civil war event.

sig by willRules

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 10:03 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

It's a possibility, he was becoming a bit too overpowered though, don't you think?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 10:19 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Not really. Look at Zemo now, he's pretty uber.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2006 12:08 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote