KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What comics are you reading right now

What comics are you reading right now
Started by: Dr.Fate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr.Fate
Aztek's only Fanboy

What comics are you reading right now

Just wondering what everyone is reading these days in the way of comics so the name of this thread is pretty self explanitory. So if your readding anything cool and you'd like to recommend it too people just give a shout out. I'm reading the Ultimates which is like the ultimate (bad joke.) X-Factor. Crisis Aftermath: The battle for Bludhaven can't wait for issue two soo much happened in issue one and The Americian Way from Wildstorm which is so far an awesome series and somehow has yet to have a wikipecdia entry while the Battle for Bludhaven has one and its only had one issue so far.

Aztek's Feats. Stealing Kyle Rayner's Ring right off his hand. and stopping a mugging by giving the muggers his lunch money! Beat that!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 03:57 AM
Dr.Fate is currently offline Click here to Send Dr.Fate a Private Message Find more posts by Dr.Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

I have to be honest. I am currently reading nothing... I'm in College and don't have the funds for anything, including comics erm

-_-

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 04:00 AM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

FF, Hulk, JLA, X-Men, Superman/Shazam: First Thunder

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 04:05 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr.Fate
Aztek's only Fanboy

question. When does the Shazam/Superman take place in the current Dc universe. like a couple of years ago or during the one year later

Aztek's Feats. Stealing Kyle Rayner's Ring right off his hand. and stopping a mugging by giving the muggers his lunch money! Beat that!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 04:12 AM
Dr.Fate is currently offline Click here to Send Dr.Fate a Private Message Find more posts by Dr.Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

It's vague. The one hint I got was that it's right before the JLA is formed. According to the intro, Bats and Supes are basically the only well known heroes. It the beginning of Captain Marvel/Shazam.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 04:15 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr.Fate
Aztek's only Fanboy

ok

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 04:41 AM
Etrigan
?

I'm reading Punisher, the Mighty World of Marvel collector's editions, Daredevil, and Frank Miller's Robocop.

So far, all good. I might drop MWOM soon though. Most of teh stuff in there now I'd read already.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 08:42 AM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

This week, i'm re-reading Morrison's New X-Men. Along with my regular titles.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 10:33 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I downloaded every Green Lantern comic (those with Hal Jordan, volume one with Alan Scott didn't have its own comic I think) some weeks ago and have just started reading through them all, currently on comic 22. It takes much more time to read these old comics then the modern ones, so much more text.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 10:46 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarecrow756
The Joker

At the moment I am not really reading comics apart from the monthly Batman Legends that I get every month.

"STARTING TONIGHT PEOPLE WILL DIE.. I`M A MAN OF MY WORD"-
THE JOKER- THE DARK KNIGHT TEASER TRAILER

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 11:48 AM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Astonishing Spider-man (British Comic) very good
Batman legends (British Comic) great storyline at the mo
Ultimates vol 2 Best comics out at the mo
Astonishing X-men: Brilliant
Ultimate X-men : Brilliant

And a few others which are cool..........................

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 12:29 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

quote: (post)
Originally posted by badabing
It's vague. The one hint I got was that it's right before the JLA is formed. According to the intro, Bats and Supes are basically the only well known heroes. It the beginning of Captain Marvel/Shazam.

in the mini it's been less then one year since batman first appeared in gotham.

It's pretty early in both supes and bats carriers.

sig by willRules

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 07:22 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Morridini
I downloaded every Green Lantern comic (those with Hal Jordan, volume one with Alan Scott didn't have its own comic I think) some weeks ago and have just started reading through them all, currently on comic 22. It takes much more time to read these old comics then the modern ones, so much more text.

Alan had a solo in the 40s (Green Lantern Vol. 1). Lasted around 40 issues I think plus All Star comics.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 07:28 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm saving up money to have all of Civil War.

My sigs. | Slade Explained| Respect Beta Ray |Respect Thor | Sheer idiocy

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 07:35 PM
Thunderstrike is currently offline Click here to Send Thunderstrike a Private Message Find more posts by Thunderstrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

oh yeah.

currently reading

The Thing(funny book but it's already canceled come june sad )

X-factor( first x-book I've read in years and one of the best reads I've had in years)

Friendly neighborhood Spider-man.

Amazing spider-man(still just picking it up because of habit and tradition if it doesn't get better in the next 3 issues I'm dropping it)

Daredevil (so far so good with the new creative team. can't wait to see where matt goes from here.)

Books of Doom(real good retelling of Dooms orgin)

Ms.Marvel( first issue was pretty meh. I'll give it to issue 4 to pick up or I'm dropping it.)

Squadron supreme( So far so good. I enjoyed the first issue)

Young Avengers( Best young team and avengers related book out there)

Hulk( Never read a hulk book before in my life but so far this Planet hulk storyline has been very good. Hulk kicking ass on a alien planet in gladiator armor. What not to like?)

I'm also reading annihilation and it's Silver Surfer and nova minis. both pretty good so far.

sig by willRules

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 07:39 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by Thunderstrike
I'm saving up money to have all of Civil War.

All of the books in the event? including the tie ins and all of the minis spinoffs?

because that's already around 60 plus books from May to November....

sig by willRules

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 07:44 PM
Etrigan
?

Oh, and I'm also reading some old Dredd stories. The Day The Law Died currently.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 08:47 PM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dynamic One

New Avengers, Wolverine, Daughters of the Dragon, Walking Dead, Street Fighter. Focusing a lot on mini series though.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 04:32 PM
Dynamic One is currently offline Click here to Send Dynamic One a Private Message Find more posts by Dynamic One Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by Validus
Alan had a solo in the 40s (Green Lantern Vol. 1). Lasted around 40 issues I think plus All Star comics.

You sure about that? I have a had a hard time finding them if they do exist.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 04:35 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
littleredhat

Cable and Deadpool
She Hulk
Ultimate Spider-man
Ultimate Fantastic Four
Ultimate X-men

I like the light stuff that isn't afraid to just tell a sillly adventure story. big grin

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 04:42 PM
littleredhat is currently offline Click here to Send littleredhat a Private Message Find more posts by littleredhat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote