KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Sentry's Powers - Facts and Fiction

The Sentry's Powers - Facts and Fiction
Started by: BlaqChaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlaqChaos

The Sentry's Powers - Facts and Fiction

Okay, let's try and get a handle on this whole issue with what the Sentry can and can't do, and how his powrs work, etc. and we'll site our references for each thing we bring up.

First, this is the issue where everyone got the idea that Sentry stalemated Galactus:
http://www.leaderslair.com/sentry/s...spider-man.html
"Peter smirks at the impetuousness of youth getting put in its place by the voice of experience. Spider-Man thinks to himself that he hasn’t really changed all that much, but that he had lipped off to the Sentry… a guy that once fought Galactus to a standstill… and he knew Spider-Man was Peter Parker from the very first time he met him. Spider-Man thinks how he was just a kid, but Sentry took out the Menace Master just by staring at him. He used to idolize Sentry."

Now, since it wasn't seen on panel, many people still hotly debate this topic.

But let's move on. We've heard on numberous occasions that the Sentry is solar powered. We now know that he got his abilities from an advanced version of the super-soldier formula, but he may still be solar powered. IIRC after Captain America was given the formula, he needed to be bombarded with "vita-rays" to act as a catylist. It's possible that the altered formula that Sentry took, makes his body react to sunlight instead of the rays Cap needed. We saw Sentry take the formula in his mini-series, but we never see him given the radiation treatment.

If the Sentry and the Void are equal in strength, and the Void broke every bone in Hulk's body in less that a minute, it's a logical conclusion that Sentry is stronger than even the Hulk.

We know from Mastermind and Emma Frost that he has considerable mental abilities, that are mostly used to hold his physical powers together. We've seen this before in Marvel (people being so powerful that their bodies could barely handle it - X-Man, Apocalypse, etc.). But the REAL question is is he telepathic?

This book has Sentry contacting Xavier via telepathy:
http://www.leaderslair.com/sentry/sentry4.html
"Archangel flies overhead as Professor X instructs his training. Xavier tells Warren to always remember that mastery over their opponents comes not solely from the physical. Suddenly Xavier stops speaking as he feels something.

Sentry asks Xavier if he hears him. Xavier says that he does. Sentry asks Xavier if he knows who he is. Xavier says that he knows that he knows him, but that his identity seems beyond his grasp. He says that he can sense that he is a friend. Sentry tells Xavier to search every cavity of his spiritual being and that he knows that he will find him there. Xavier senses the horror Sentry feels for a returning threat. Xavier asks what the shadow creature he fears is and if it is really capable of such evil. Sentry says that he can’t tell Xavier what it is until he is ready to accept what it means. He says that is why it is important for him to remember. Xavier says that he wants to remember, but that he feels his own self restraining him from doing so. He says that an impossible magnitude tells him that it is wrong to remember him."

Then we have the question of what exactly did Sentry do to Black Widow in New Avengers Annual.

So we have above class 100 strenght.
Possible mental powers.

What else have we got?

Old Post May 6th, 2006 06:07 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dayscribe
Restricted

Account Restricted

Possibility of using Hard-light constructs - His fight with Terrax the Tamer
Ability to survive in space - New Avengers 18

Old Post May 6th, 2006 06:10 PM
Dayscribe is currently offline Click here to Send Dayscribe a Private Message Find more posts by Dayscribe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dayscribe
Possibility of using Hard-light constructs - His fight with Terrax the Tamer
Ability to survive in space - New Avengers 18

I have that fight and didn't see a single hard-light construct. Or at least not an obvious one .

Old Post May 6th, 2006 07:05 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dayscribe
Restricted

Account Restricted

He blocked Terrax's blast with it.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 07:06 PM
Dayscribe is currently offline Click here to Send Dayscribe a Private Message Find more posts by Dayscribe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010154tt.jpg

Your right , I thought he had just blocked it with his hand , the yellow ball being the 'richocheit' of the Power Cosmic.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 07:14 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dayscribe
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wish I could get the whole series. I wouldn't mind picking it apart to see his powers. I'm also thinking he can fly at speeds around the speed of light. I don't trust the handbooks.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 07:23 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Well i'm waiting for Validus to give me the other six....

Old Post May 6th, 2006 07:29 PM
HaSon

Originally posted by grey fox
Well i'm waiting for Validus to give me the other six....

Oh yeah, I'll get on that.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 07:31 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Thankies big grin

Old Post May 6th, 2006 07:39 PM
BlaqChaos

So we have:

Strength (Strong enough to break the Hulk's bones with ease)
Speed (At least faster than a speeding bullet)
Intelligence (up there with Richards and Stark)
Telepathy (Inserting thoughts into Paul Jenkins subconscious mind)
Light Manipulation/Hardlight Constructs (His battle with Terrax)

Anything else?

Also, I don't think that the Void is a hardlight construct, but rather a psionic entity similar to Onslaught. In the original series when they were attempting to detect the Void's coming, they used machines that detected psionic activity (and that was before they found out he was a part of Sentry's mind).

Old Post May 7th, 2006 12:53 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by BlaqChaos
So we have:

Strength (Strong enough to break the Hulk's bones with ease)
Speed (At least faster than a speeding bullet)
Intelligence (up there with Richards and Stark)
Telepathy (Inserting thoughts into Paul Jenkins subconscious mind)
Light Manipulation/Hardlight Constructs (His battle with Terrax)

Anything else?

Also, I don't think that the Void is a hardlight construct, but rather a psionic entity similar to Onslaught. In the original series when they were attempting to detect the Void's coming, they used machines that detected psionic activity (and that was before they found out he was a part of Sentry's mind).
I hope people don't take this the wrong way but what about kissing your opponents?

I mean it would throw me off if the guy I was fighting just off and kissed me.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Last edited by snoopdogg on May 7th, 2006 at 01:25 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2006 01:21 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hancock1

laughing

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:10 PM
Hancock1 is currently offline Click here to Send Hancock1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hancock1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

His powers waver/decrease within the negative zone.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:15 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by snoopdogg
I hope people don't take this the wrong way but what about kissing your opponents?

I mean it would throw me off if the guy I was fighting just off and kissed me.

He kissed a part himself goodbye. Void = Sentry = Same person

Bringing this up in nearly every Sentry thread? C'mon. All he did was kiss himself goodbye. Unlike Ultimate Colossus who takes it up his yin yang every now and then.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:18 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

aww sad thats not nice now is it... if he likes bum let him have his BUM! and yeah the kiss was wierd but it dm big grin

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:20 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

It still didn't make sense , after all the void threatened to rape Sentries wife.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:26 PM
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

can anyone psot all his fights hes got or most of them if its alot plz so i can get a new love for him plz

oh and the kissing part plz

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:29 PM
A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by Adam Warlock
He kissed a part himself goodbye. Void = Sentry = Same person

Bringing this up in nearly every Sentry thread? C'mon. All he did was kiss himself goodbye. Unlike Ultimate Colossus who takes it up his yin yang every now and then.
He didn't kiss him goodbye. He knew the void would return.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:35 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote