KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC Cosmology

DC Cosmology
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

DC Cosmology

okay, is the dcu considered a multiverse ala marvel, or not? i know at one time it surely was (pre-crisis). but i was under the impression that crisis ended that, leaving us with only one canonical earth.

someone may bring up elseworlds, but those were billed as stories that 'could have happened but didn't'. they were not like what ifs, which actually DID happen on different earths.

i know there HAS been some small interactions between vertigo characters and dcu characters, but are those interactions canon? have they been retconned? is vertigo truly considered seperate from the standard dcu?

there was also that bit in IC that showed the various alternate earths that alex was searching through and merging. where did those come from? were they always present? newly created? are they all definitively gone leaving only the one earth once again??

and last thing: how does a multiversal power in marvel, compare to an uber power in the single dcu? (ie the oft debated tribunal v spectre -- if lt is multiversal, shouldn't he be considered the greater power??)

inquiring minds want to know what you all think!! eek!

Old Post May 12th, 2006 08:44 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Ok , their were hundreds of different earths.

COIE happened, they all merged into one.

Then the crisis started , and Alex separated most of the worlds , characters were then placed back in the world(s) which they originated from (Eg Captain Marvel was back in World-S)

Now the worlds have all merged back into 'New earth'

Vertigo usually are only placed within DC if necessary , also if their isn't much change within the background.

Eg : Swamp-thing is a plausible character within Dc .

V on the other hand isn't , because theirs no fascist Britain in DC.

Old Post May 12th, 2006 08:51 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I like to think beyond the DC's multiverse, there is a larger multiverse, with multiverses, one of them being Marvel's multiverse.

Did that make any sense?

Old Post May 12th, 2006 08:54 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I like to think beyond the DC's multiverse, there is a larger multiverse, with multiverses, one of them being Marvel's multiverse.

Did that make any sense?

Yes, it did. A multiverse of multiverses. But then, you can keep on going up an infinite hierarchy: a multiverse of multiverses of multiverses; a multiverse of multiverses of multiverses of multiverses...

...all part of the Omniverse (which would include us) or the Godsphere (if you are more spiritually inclined).

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 12th, 2006 09:13 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
Yes, it did. A multiverse of multiverses. But then, you can keep on going up an infinite hierarchy: a multiverse of multiverses of multiverses; a multiverse of multiverses of multiverses of multiverses...

...all part of the Omniverse (which would include us) or the Godsphere (if you are more spiritually inclined).

Exactly what I meant. yes

Old Post May 12th, 2006 09:29 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

except none of the DC and Marvel stuff is real. which is cool cause i'd hate for any of that to be true. it would be dangerous

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post May 13th, 2006 01:03 AM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote