KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel's Trinity?

Marvel's Trinity?
Started by: xmarksthespot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Marvel's Trinity?

Pretty straightforward. DC's trinity is well known as Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman.

So which three characters would be the Marvel Trinity? And why?

Some things to take into account include, but aren't limited to:
Abilities
Popularity
Personality

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 07:46 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Spidey/Wolverine/Hulk

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 08:02 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

The marvel males are more popular then their females. I'm guessing a female won't be part of their Trinity.

Oh and I agree with the above 3.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 08:09 AM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

The real trinity:

-Captain America

-Spider-Man

-Iron Man

The Popularity Trinity

-Spider-Man

-Wolverine

-Hulk

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 08:10 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

Spidey
Hulk
Cap

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 08:10 AM
Darth Vegas is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
The marvel males are more popular then their females. I'm guessing a female won't be part of their Trinity.

Oh and I agree with the above 3.

I wouldnt say that erm

Its just that no Marvel female has a bigger standing than Marvel's big three wink

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 08:11 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Originally posted by Grimm22
I wouldnt say that erm

Its just that no Marvel female has a bigger standing than Marvel's big three wink

True, Storm and Sue are the only really popular ones that come to mind.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 08:14 AM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

The real trinity:

-Captain America

-Spider-Man

-Iron Man

The Popularity Trinity

-Spider-Man

-Wolverine

-Hulk

I agree there.

Popularity wise my first post stands but in reality Grims is correct.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 08:14 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
True, Storm and Sue are the only really popular ones that come to mind.

Eh, Emma has become vastly important as the one of the headmasters of the X-Men erm

If you ask me Marvel's trinity is more of teams than individuals, such as...

Fantastic Four

Astonishing X-men

Avengers

Those are the big three if you ask me

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 08:20 AM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Eh, Emma has become vastly important as the one of the headmasters of the X-Men erm

If you ask me Marvel's trinity is more of teams than individuals, such as...

Fantastic Four

Astonishing X-men

Avengers

Those are the big three if you ask me
Ironically the most powerful members of those three teams have been females. Scarlet Witch, Invisible Woman and Emma Frost.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 08:24 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Spidey Wolverine and Captain America are Marvel's trinity.
They're the ones with the merchandising, the lego toy lines, the knex figures, etc. T Shirts at wal mart.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 09:53 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

Spidey, Wolverine and Hulk

Globally, Captain America isn't on the same level as Hulk.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 10:23 AM
Wally West is currently offline Click here to Send Wally West a Private Message Find more posts by Wally West Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

IMO I think its hard to point 3 individuals but the 2 obvious choices are Spider-Man, Captain America and I dunno who for third maybe Wolverine.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 10:32 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

I always thought of Marvel's trinity as Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 12:54 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

erm Id agree but thats more in terms of leadership. But publicly known? Spiderman, Wolvie, and Hulk.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 03:02 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Darth Vegas
Spidey
Hulk
Cap
agree, but thor should be in there too, because marvel doesnt center around characters.
so..
thor
ironman
hulk
wolverine
spiderman
cap.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 04:17 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

The only real way to answer the question, is to figure out what is meant by "Trinity". If we define it as the three highest money makers of the company or the three most well known public figures, then it would indeed be Spidey, Wolvie, and Hulk.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 04:20 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

For a slightly different take on this, who would compose Marvel's Trinity if you tried only to use characters who are analogous to DC's?

For Superman (symbol), I'd have to go with Captain America. Similar "boyscout" type perception of them by most other characters and seem to inspire loyalty in most other heroes to some degree.

For Wonder Woman (warrior), Thor is an easy pick. Not only are they both outsiders in a sense and magic in general, but both are also respected for their combat abilities.

For Batman (unknown), I'd go a little bit out of left field and say Dr. Strange. Both are essentially human and have gained their powers through their own efforts and "gadgets." More importantly they seem to operate more independently and separate themselves from other heroes to some degree. Also they seem to inspire a combination of respect and "spookiness" (if that's the right word) in others.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 04:45 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Why not Iron Man in place of Batman? Doctor Strange has always been more analogous to Fate in my opinion...

During the Golden Age this would have been a lot more easier...DC's Golden Age Trinity is still the same, Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman...

Marvel's Golden Age Trinity, Captain America, Namor and Human Torch are not as featured now.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 04:49 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 05:01 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote