KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Is Thanos above Herald level?

Is Thanos above Herald level?
Started by: Endless Mike

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Is Thanos above Herald level?

I say he is, but a guy I'm arguing with says he's not, and says the Silver Surfer is stronger than Thanos.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 12:44 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Well, ya!!
He has destroyed ss everytime they met, cept when they didn't have powers, and when they got seperated.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 12:51 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

He says the only reason Thanos beats the Surfer is because Thanos is more skilled, but he's weaker.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 12:55 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endless Mike
He says the only reason Thanos beats the Surfer is because Thanos is more skilled, but he's weaker.
Thanos has beaten surfer to death.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:00 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rorschach

I’m thinking yes, since he lays the Smackdown on SS almost every time.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:04 AM
Rorschach is currently offline Click here to Send Rorschach a Private Message Find more posts by Rorschach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Theres no thinking in this one.
Hes beaten surfer and other people at the same time.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:08 AM
King KAM

Originally posted by Endless Mike
how? they are about the same age.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:14 AM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by King KAM
how? they are about the same age.

How could you possibly know that?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:16 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by Accel
How could you possibly know that?
Because so is KAM.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:17 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

Originally posted by Creshosk
Because so is KAM.
exactly

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:19 AM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega-level

Being the same age doesn't mean have the same level of skill. SS is more powerful, but Thanos is a better strategist, so he wins on brains.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:27 AM
Omega-level is currently offline Click here to Send Omega-level a Private Message Find more posts by Omega-level Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Omega-level
Being the same age doesn't mean have the same level of skill. SS is more powerful, but Thanos is a better strategist, so he wins on brains.
care to try and back up that statment?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:32 AM
Broly92
Bow to Amc or else?

No you are wrong!

"Whoever said anybody has a right to give up?"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:33 AM
Broly92 is currently offline Click here to Send Broly92 a Private Message Find more posts by Broly92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Broly92
No you are wrong!
Who?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:38 AM
King KAM

sadly no, thanos has never prepped Silver Surfer, he just beats him down with pure force.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:45 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Generally true. On paper, Surfer has more diverse power and can use it in many ways, like creating life and healing. Thanos generally sums up cosmic energy for destructive purposes only. And they can both amplify their strength to the same level, I would say. However, Thanos is very tech savvy, is a master strategist and schemer. He knows how to outhink Surfer, often by taking advantage of his morality issues. You might look at the first time they met, leading up the IG saga. Thanos was warned by Death to beware the Surfer, so played a game to distract him and send him down blind trails, while he did his quest for the infinity gems. He didn't destroy him outright, maybe because he knows he couldn't.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:45 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

Originally posted by roughrider
Generally true. On paper, Surfer has more diverse power and can use it in many ways, like creating life and healing. Thanos generally sums up cosmic energy for destructive purposes only. And they can both amplify their strength to the same level, I would say. However, Thanos is very tech savvy, is a master strategist and schemer. He knows how to outhink Surfer, often by taking advantage of his morality issues. You might look at the first time they met, leading up the IG saga. Thanos was warned by Death to beware the Surfer, so played a game to distract him and send him down blind trails, while he did his quest for the infinity gems. He didn't destroy him outright, maybe because he knows he couldn't.
in their other fight i saw thanos just chokes surfer out, with all brute force, no tactics.

And look at the odin fight, surfer is out from one shot. Thanos, on the other hand never goes out.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:48 AM
Broly92
Bow to Amc or else?

Originally posted by bigbran
Who?

Not you bigbran! Omega-level and roughrider

"Whoever said anybody has a right to give up?"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:50 AM
Broly92 is currently offline Click here to Send Broly92 a Private Message Find more posts by Broly92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by King KAM
in their other fight i saw thanos just chokes surfer out, with all brute force, no tactics.

And look at the odin fight, surfer is out from one shot. Thanos, on the other hand never goes out.
Is everyone forgetting when he gave surfer his vicious beating?

Attachment: cpu4.jpg
This has been downloaded 162 time(s).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:53 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

And..

Attachment: cpu5.jpg
This has been downloaded 152 time(s).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:53 AM