KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Mighty Avengers #1 Preview...

Mighty Avengers #1 Preview...
Started by: Lucid Lui

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Mighty Avengers #1 Preview...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 01:00 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Since the House of M did Simon lose his ionic powers?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 01:29 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

When is this supposed to come out?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 01:37 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Since the House of M did Simon lose his ionic powers?

Nope. He's still got 'em. He's still flying currently aswell. And in the preview pages to his upcoming mini, he's in his Ionic energy form.

Simon is ionic energy, i don't see why he'd suddenly not be able to fly.

Last edited by Lucid Lui on Sep 1st, 2006 at 01:42 AM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 01:40 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Sometime in February

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 01:40 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

They really need to change Ares's costume. Now.
He looks like a medieval punisher. And thats not godly.

Give him the look from his recent miniseries, and give him so mystical/enchanted armor.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 01:53 AM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

anyone else notice that shadow in the panel just before simon gets clocked? looked like it had wings.

maybe it's just a bird.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 01:56 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

I think maybe the are retconing WM. I think he's looks cool with his red jacket.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 01:56 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I like the Black Widow but she seems to be ot of place here at the very least in that fight.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 01:59 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dynamic One

Ok this team is just qarbaqe. You have a bunch of super people... and black widow. what the hell is she doin there, with what miqht as well be a pop qun aqainst 25 ft monsters. The team looks as clownish and creative as the justice leaque

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 02:05 AM
Dynamic One is currently offline Click here to Send Dynamic One a Private Message Find more posts by Dynamic One Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Originally posted by snoopdogg
I think maybe the are retconing WM.
I hope not, but obviously something's happened so you may be right.

Originally posted by snoopdogg
I think he's looks cool with his red jacket.
Same, i always liked that look. Takes me back to reading old Avengers issues.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 02:08 AM
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

well.....the art is nice sad

sig by willRules

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 02:20 AM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Dynamic One
Ok this team is just qarbaqe. You have a bunch of super people... and black widow. what the hell is she doin there, with what miqht as well be a pop qun aqainst 25 ft monsters. The team looks as clownish and creative as the justice leaque

I agree. I dont know why Marvel insist in making Iron Man more and more powerful each time and between Iron Man, Sentry and Ares there is really no need for any other members, being as powerful and resourcesful as those 3 cane be is hard to believe that they actually need someone else.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 02:21 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega-level

Why is Ms. Marvel leading and not Iron Man? Is it possible that the person in the armor is not Tony Stark? I mean, that commentary could sound like prejudice against mutants, and i don't think Tony would say such a thing.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 03:33 AM
Omega-level is currently offline Click here to Send Omega-level a Private Message Find more posts by Omega-level Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

Did anyone else notice Godzilla on the left of the splash page?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 03:51 AM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Now I'm a big Avengers fan..... but that looked like crap

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Nope. He's still got 'em. He's still flying currently aswell. And in the preview pages to his upcoming mini, he's in his Ionic energy form.

Simon is ionic energy, i don't see why he'd suddenly not be able to fly.

Actually his cells generate Ionic energy like little furnaces... his potential power output is huge and used to be used to power his belt rockets... but yeah... he's still flying around all purple and stuff in other Civil War comics at the moment..... they better not retcon him just because he isn't a huge fan favourite

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Sep 1st, 2006 at 04:13 AM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 04:07 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Omega-level
Why is Ms. Marvel leading and not Iron Man? Is it possible that the person in the armor is not Tony Stark? I mean, that commentary could sound like prejudice against mutants, and i don't think Tony would say such a thing.

I believe it was Bendis that suggested that after Civil War it might not be Tony or Steve behind Iron Man or Capt. Whether that is the case here we'll have to wait and see.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 04:39 AM
The Fake Macoy
Lousy Imitation

Originally posted by Deathstroke
Did anyone else notice Godzilla on the left of the splash page?

Hey, that is Godzilla! Good eyes! (If that sounds like sarcasm that's unintentional).

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 04:55 AM
The Fake Macoy is currently offline Click here to Send The Fake Macoy a Private Message Find more posts by The Fake Macoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Novablast13
Restricted

Account Restricted

that looks good but the it sucks

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 05:19 AM
Novablast13 is currently offline Click here to Send Novablast13 a Private Message Find more posts by Novablast13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Mighty Avengers #1 Preview...

The Old monsters coming out of the ground routine. How many times has that actually been done since FF4 number 1 ? I think i remember seeing it in an Astonishing X men comic not too long ago ? I'm surprised they are letting Sentry out of the house on a regular basis. I'm mean one false move, a slight drop in confidence and his psychopathic, team beating, homosexual alter ego returns. I thought Sentry was like the vintage Wine that is only drunk when a big Cosmic villains are invited to the party ?

The artist formely known as 'Sidekick of the JLAKMC' .... Whirly R.I.P. The JLA Kmc will live on without you.Thanks S.S for the sig.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 12:01 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote