I know its great. And there really will be no ending because the results of this are going to last a while. Many of the heroes won't trust eachother again. Spiderman has been outed, Thors a killer, Iron man is a tool, and caps side has almost no chance. Its anyones thought on how this ends.
It quite possibly could. Something might happen with Hulk or Surfer since they're not a part of this, it seems. I just hope that 1) it doesn't all revert back to where it started, making it pointless and 2) that it doesn't go totally against what characters should be doing just to be something different.
I kind of have a feeling though that someone will be killed as a result of the public identities and they'll go back to being a secret, or at least calling a truce and allowing people to act for the government but not FORCING them to.
Pro-reg wins. It can't all go back to the old status quo. But it doesn't mean (and is shouldn't) that everything will work just the way they wanted, some things may change (like heroes would not be forced to work for the S.H.I.E.L.D).
Supposedly Marvel wants to do something like Infinite Crisis next year, where they tie all their big storylines (Civil War, Deadly Genesis, Annihilation, Planet Hulk, Eternals) into one big event...basically, shit'll get out of hand with the govt.-sponsored Iron Man side vs. Captain America's rebels vs. Namor and Atlantis; Hulk'll come back and throw a monkey wrench in everything and just wreak havoc; the X-Men will be all ****ed up and the Shi'ar will get involved; then the Annihilus Wave will hit earth, the cosmic players get involved, and everybody that was fighting has to get back together and save the planet...
It gets revealed that Stamford was staged. That the only thing that got killed were LMDs(Life Model Decoys). It is also revealed that Tony was the mastermind behind it all. Cap feels ashamed of being called Captain America and moves to Canada with his new gurl Spider-Woman. Something along those lines, wishful thinking I guess becasue i honestly got no clue where the CW is going.
"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.
1. pretty soon wolverine will be carving up some greedy, evil corporate execs w/ strong contacts in washington, the very same a-holes who gave nitro Mgh
2. Hulk will return mad as hell, w/newly developed techniques in h2h and edged weaponry there will no longer be the simple hulk smash.... and the illuminati will have a great deal to answer for
3. Zemo is embroiled in some cosmic gambit with the grandmaster, and hyperion and the sqaudron Supreme or maybe it was the S..Sinister, either one of them was in the elder's midst, so there will be a lot of fun there to be had
4. Namor might just take it back to the roots and declare war on the surface world every 3 secs.
5. break world has ID'd colossus of the destroyer of their wolrd so a major alien invasion is immenent.
6. and if the Xmen didnt have it bad enuff both the hellfire club and the children of the vault are giviing them loads of trouble
7. and as it is with all cosmic debacles, the combatants always find a way to get earth involved, so i feel that some remnant of the AW will spill over to the earth. plus I think Nova isnt gonna be too happy that all his friends are dead and one is in jail
8. back to the xmen, with gabriel tearing shi'ar ass right now, the shi'ar will just take it back to the roots and vote on whether earth should be destroyed for it poses a threat to the imperium or see vulcan actions as an act of war perpetrated by earth so MU is in for at least 1 out of 3 possible alien invasions