KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Tales of the Unexpected with The Spectre!

Tales of the Unexpected with The Spectre!
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Tales of the Unexpected with The Spectre!

For those of you following the post-IC Spectre should definetly look into this upcoming series. I really looking forward to see more of Crispus Allen and how deals with being the reincarnation of the Spirit of Vengeance. The series will also feature Doctor Thirteen and The Gentleman Ghost.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 04:20 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Re: Tales of the Unexpected with The Spectre!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
For those of you following the post-IC Spectre should definetly look into this upcoming series. I really looking forward to see more of Crispus Allen and how deals with being the reincarnation of the Spirit of Vengeance. The series will also feature Doctor Thirteen and The Gentleman Ghost.
I already posted about this in the Spectre Respect Thread a while back, but good looks on giving it its own thread. Spectre always needs more threads. big grin

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 04:38 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Who is Doctor Thirteen and The Gentleman Ghost?

The Word

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 07:08 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by kevdude
Who is Doctor Thirteen and The Gentleman Ghost?
Gentlemen Ghost was a villain, who most recently can be seen in the final JSA story arc. His name is Jim Cradock.

Doctor Thirteen is a supernatural investigator who appears from time to time.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 07:25 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Gentlemen Ghost is awesome....

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 07:39 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

I'll be getting this and posting some in the respect thread.

I'm looking forward to more of Crispus Allen....

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 07:42 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Skeets
I'll be getting this and posting some in the respect thread.

I'm looking forward to more of Crispus Allen....
Did you ever post the rest of volume 4?
Like the stuff him splitting into millions of versions an sending them all across all realities and stuff?

edit- ok Im looking, seems you got up to issue 15.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 07:55 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

i cant wait for this series.....ive followed the spectre since the beginning

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 08:11 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

I'll definitely be picking this one up.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 08:18 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

I like that Spectre is getting a lot of respect lately.
When I first came, he got very little.
People thought that guys like Odin could whomp him.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 08:29 PM
outavodka
Il Cut You B!tch!!!!

Originally posted by galan7777777
i cant wait for this series.....ive followed the spectre since the beginning
then that means ur old as hell

Drivin a fast car listening to Deftones baby. Cred to Rewmac for this sick sig!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 08:33 PM
outavodka is currently offline Click here to Send outavodka a Private Message Find more posts by outavodka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by Juntai
Did you ever post the rest of volume 4?
Like the stuff him splitting into millions of versions an sending them all across all realities and stuff?

edit- ok Im looking, seems you got up to issue 15.

I have alot of the scans just haven't uploaded them tonight I'll post some more.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 08:35 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by outavodka
then that means ur old as hell
lol, no im not that old, but ive collected almost all of the issues, even some of the originals

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 09:02 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I like that Spectre is getting a lot of respect lately.
When I first came, he got very little.
People thought that guys like Odin could whomp him.

That's absurd...The Spectre is by all reason and fact the most powerful deity in all comic books. The Spectre has always had that respect in him. It's just he's becoming more and more popular.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 09:06 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Gentlemen Ghost was a villain, who most recently can be seen in the final JSA story arc. His name is Jim Cradock.

Doctor Thirteen is a supernatural investigator who appears from time to time.
Which is the final JSA arc? I'm playing catch up with them and am up to Black Reign...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 07:12 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

bump. There's a preview up on DC's site, but my computer is being cool and won't open it. I'd really appreciate it if someone could post the scans on here.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 09:04 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Read it and it was kinda disturbing. The issue ends with a rather strange notion. How was the guy able to see the ghost of The Spectre? I didn't get it. So I'm hoping issue 2 will answer that dilema.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 04:21 PM
Deathstroke
Slayer

I thought the spectre part was cool, but I didn't find the Dr. Thirteen stuff that interesting.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 08:56 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
That's absurd...The Spectre is by all reason and fact the most powerful deity in all comic books. The Spectre has always had that respect in him. It's just he's becoming more and more popular.

Michael, Lucifer and probably the Great Evil Beast are above him in power when it comes to DC.

And of course God.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 12:42 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Michael, Lucifer and probably the Great Evil Beast are above him in power when it comes to DC.

And of course God.
Except we only see Micheal fight Spectre while performing Gods will, while Spectre's power comes up short in those instances. However the fights between them, such as in Zero Hour issue of Spectre where they detail the history between them, they were going head to head as basically equals.

Lucifer hasn't done anything on panel to suggest he's up with them, unless you're considering Vertigo, which isn't DC canon.

GEB is likewise not DC canon, as its from a Vertigo title.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 12:50 PM