KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Shen Kuei or "Cat"

Shen Kuei or "Cat"
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Shen Kuei or "Cat"

Shen Kuei or "Cat" is a master thief whose skill in martial arts equals Shang Chi's. The meaning of the character's name is both similar and opposite to Shang Chi's name. He is a sort of mirror image, a 'good bad guy' in opposition to Shang Chi's 'bad good guy'. While they share mutual respect, the two always find themselves in opposition. He has recently appeared in Cable & Deadpool working as a merc for Cable. He has also defeated Deadpool, who looks at him as a Rock God among mercs and has also referred to him as "The Keith Moon of spy trade" and "The Justin Timberlake of the Cherry Pop Club".

This is a quote from Wiki.

Can anybody give me some more info about Shen Kuei? And does anyone have scans of the fight where he defeats Deadpool? Or just give me some details about the fight? Sounds like an interesting character...

Also, since he has defeated Deadpool, does that imply that Shang Chi can therefore defeat Deadpool as well?

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 01:23 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

In the fight he demolishes Wade. Both come to steal some device that can be used to alter the appearnace of everyone on Earth. Deadpool does away with the security and is confronted by The Cat. DP is in denial at first so he asks to see the tatoo for proof. Shen obliges him (he has a tatoo of a cat on his chest). Afterwards DP gushes about him and laments on how he hates to have to kill him. DP is armed with katanas, Cat isn't armed. Cat basically owns him and has Wade on his knees before saying how the rumours of DP's high tolerance for pain and healing factor were not exaggerated. Then he impales Wade on his own katana and takes the piece from him before leaving.

Pretty badass showing for The Cat. Owns DP, even though Wade is going on like a little schoolgirl with a crush. I have scans, but they're at home so you'll have to wait till i get off work before you can see em. Maybe someone else eill post em fore I get a chance though

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 01:52 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Cheers, nice one, thanks, I appreciate it! thumb up He sounds more and more interesting, the more I hear about him...

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 02:05 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Both he and Shang have been in love with the same woman twice.
One was Leiko...the other was some woman named Juliet. Anyone know anything about Juliet?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 03:00 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I think she use to hang around with some Romeo a few years back.... stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 06:09 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
I think she use to hang around with some Romeo a few years back.... stick out tongue

Har har har roll eyes (sarcastic) ...you just make sure to keep that sword handy, when you go walking at night. wink

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 08:03 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 02:17 AM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Thanks marvelprince - you're the BEST! rock Happy Dance eek!

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 04:12 AM
Disappear

more scans of the cat's "famous" battles with shang-chi are in the "street level respect thread," some pages back into the comic book thread. he loses both, if i recall correctly, but he's noted as being stronger than shang, and as close to shang's equal as you could imagine.
nix that. turns out i was mistaken. i don't really remember where i saw those scans, now. maybe on superherochat/hype...

also, the transitive property doesn't completely apply to fights. just because shang can and has beaten shen [iron fist did, too. horribly easily,] doesn't mean he's 100% to beat deadpool. i suspect he could, though.

Last edited by Disappear on Oct 17th, 2006 at 05:16 AM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 05:04 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Thanks Disappear! If you happen to come across those scans again, will you let me know, please? I find him quite interesting, and don't really know anything about him, apart from what I've read on Wiki, so any scans or links would be appreciated. And I truly enjoyed the way he took out Deadpool, despite the fact that I am a big Deapool fan. wink

Thanks again!

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 05:29 AM
Deadline

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 10:47 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Yup. Just like Shang Chi ninja cool

And like the new Batgirl, if I am correct, who is also pretty unbeatable at @ss-kicking....

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 10:55 AM
Deadline

Originally posted by Dreampanther

And like the new Batgirl, if I am correct, who is also pretty unbeatable at @ss-kicking....

Humans kick ass! No need to become mutant. cool

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 11:03 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

That's a fact. Do yourself a favour and get a copy of a 2-hour documentary made by National Geographic, called "Fight Science". Or just read about it on the net. (It's quite recent.)

Some of the stuff they prove is that a trained fighter can react faster than the blink of an eye, strike FOUR times faster than a snake can strike, kick as hard as a car hitting you at 35 mph, and kill in one blow.

I've seen the program a few times, and it still blows me away every time I see it...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 12:49 PM
Deadline

That's a fact. Do yourself a favour and get a copy of a 2-hour documentary made by National Geographic, called "Fight Science". Or just read about it on the net. (It's quite recent.)

Some of the stuff they prove is that a trained fighter can react faster than the blink of an eye, strike FOUR times faster than a snake can strike, kick as hard as a car hitting you at 35 mph, and kill in one blow.

I've seen the program a few times, and it still blows me away every time I see it...

I know about stuff like that I meditate. I also used to know a qi gong master.....

I'll check it out if I can.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 02:11 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 04:12 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Technically the former Batgirl, cause she's all evil and the leader of the league of assasins. And actually she's been said to have implants or something that make her faster and stronger than normal

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 01:49 AM
Disappear

there were actually four shang-shen fights. in the "giant-sized shang chi respect thread" at superherochat you can see a bit of stuff about the cat. he also took out iron fist once, though i seem to remember danny chit-chatting with cage whilst kicking shen, vertically, in the face at one point. maybe they're one and one? dunno.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 02:46 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote