KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Ultimate Cable... whats the deal.

Ultimate Cable... whats the deal.
Started by: srankmissingnin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Ultimate Cable... whats the deal.

Is it just me or was he taller then Ulitmate Wolverine?... Whats the deal with that?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 06:30 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

Questions Thread.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 06:30 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

The writers sure saved a lot of ink and paper with the new relevation....

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 06:33 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

lol... better question; Howd he get half his body cybernetic and itd better not be techno organic because that would'nt make any sense at all... No healing powers and TK..

My Artwork

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 06:35 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Roldz
lol... better question; Howd he get half his body cybernetic and itd better not be techno organic because that would'nt make any sense at all... No healing powers and TK..

Could be Cyber Tk , kinda like what current cable has.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 06:41 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Is it just me or was he taller then Ulitmate Wolverine?... Whats the deal with that?

Well, considering we don't know anything about Ultimate Cable yet... wink

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 07:03 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

it seems to be wolverine from either years in the future or an alternate timeline of the same reality

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 07:42 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by manjaro
it seems to be wolverine from either years in the future or an alternate timeline of the same reality

Truth.

But beyond that, nothing.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 07:55 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Originally posted by H. S. 6
Truth.

But beyond that, nothing.

And that Kirkman thought of a way to make Cable suck much worse than he does in 616 already sad

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 07:57 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by V for Valentine
And that Kirkman thought of a way to make Cable suck much worse than he does in 616 already sad

IMO I always find Cable an interesting character but this new version plain sucks and if it is a future version of Wolverine they just f**ked up then.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 08:37 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Originally posted by manjaro

Mostlikely, wouldnt be surprise if we see Bishop in this story arc as well...

My Artwork

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 08:37 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
IMO I always find Cable an interesting character but this new version plain sucks and if it is a future version of Wolverine they just f**ked up then.

I agree.

Mostly because the Ultimate universe does not need time travellers.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 08:40 PM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Eh erm

I like this version a lot better than the 616 version, I mean who thought having Cyclops's bastard son come from the future even though he was born in the present and he has grey hair apparently?!? What the f**k?

My bet is that this is Ultimate Days of Future's past wolverine

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 11:23 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Grimm22
Eh erm

I like this version a lot better than the 616 version, I mean who thought having Cyclops's bastard son come from the future even though he was born in the present and he has grey hair apparently?!? What the f**k?

My bet is that this is Ultimate Days of Future's past wolverine

I never really got into 616 Cable, so I don't know that much about him.

However, I really don't think Ultimate needs time travellers. That's where everything begins to get seriously f*cked.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2006 12:16 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

No , time-traveling is ok.

Just as long as it doesn't become commonplace and happen often. Look at Ultimate Fantastic Four . I was dreading that they were going to the zombie 616 world because i thought it would open up a whole kettle of fish about cross dimensional crap.

And i think Bishop was already mentioned in an earlier X-comic

Old Post Oct 20th, 2006 05:32 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by grey fox
No , time-traveling is ok.

Just as long as it doesn't become commonplace and happen often. Look at Ultimate Fantastic Four . I was dreading that they were going to the zombie 616 world because i thought it would open up a whole kettle of fish about cross dimensional crap.

And i think Bishop was already mentioned in an earlier X-comic

Eventually and inevitably, time-travelling leads to endless plot holes, retconning, PIS. There's no way around it.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2006 06:58 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Eventually and inevitably, time-travelling leads to endless plot holes, retconning, PIS. There's no way around it.

How so ?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2006 07:04 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

How so ?

Well, my feeling is, the Ultimate universe does not need time-travelling. Keep the plot more realistic and simple, but don't go into time travelling. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if he was jumping from a different reality/dimension, just not back in time.

Time-travelling causes a big mess most of the time, what with the divergent time lines, retconning away certain instances and keeping others, etc. Look at characters like Cable: his history's a mess, with all the time travelling.

Maybe that's just the way I feel.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2006 07:08 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Well, my feeling is, the Ultimate universe does not need time-travelling. Keep the plot more realistic and simple, but don't go into time travelling. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if he was jumping from a different reality/dimension, just not back in time.

Time-travelling causes a big mess most of the time, what with the divergent time lines, retconning away certain instances and keeping others, etc. Look at characters like Cable: his history's a mess, with all the time travelling.

Maybe that's just the way I feel.

I would usually agree with you , i despise X-books mostly because of this kinda crap. But i have a good feeling about this , plus the alteration of Cables origins (A nice twist in my opinion) makes him more interesting.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2006 07:12 PM
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

I would usually agree with you , i despise X-books mostly because of this kinda crap. But i have a good feeling about this , plus the alteration of Cables origins (A nice twist in my opinion) makes him more interesting.

I may not be the biggest x-team fan around but If this storyline is going where I think it's going...

I'd rather have the messed up regular origin then simply making him future wolverine.

sig by willRules

Old Post Oct 20th, 2006 07:38 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote