KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Looks like the Thanos/Squirrel Girl incident has officially been retconned.

Looks like the Thanos/Squirrel Girl incident has officially been retconned.
Started by: Accel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Accel

Looks like the Thanos/Squirrel Girl incident has officially been retconned.

In the latest She-Hulk, the Thanos that recently appeared has been revealed to be a clone. As it turns out, this clone was created with every trait in Thanos's image. Even Thanos himself (the real Thanos) states:

"When I am done, his brain shall mirror my own down to the last ganglion, neuron, and synapse. Gifted telepaths, the most cosmic of beings--even the clone himself--will believe himself to be me."

So, I would believe the "most cosmic of beings" part refers to those on the level of the Watcher, which would mean Squirrel Girl did in fact only defeat the clone.

Keep in mind, this was written by Dan Slott, the same guy who wrote the Squirrel Girl owning.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 11:38 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Dan Slott owns no expression

Except when he wrote She-Hulk beating Champion erm

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 11:49 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Aww...man....

BTW The She-Hulk resisting Moondragons Telepathy in the last issue is just wrong in so many ways....

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 11:58 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Re: Looks like the Thanos/Squirrel Girl incident has officially been retconned.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Accel
In the latest She-Hulk, the Thanos that recently appeared has been revealed to be a clone. As it turns out, this clone was created with every trait in Thanos's image. Even Thanos himself (the real Thanos) states:

"When I am done, his brain shall mirror my own down to the last ganglion, neuron, and synapse. Gifted telepaths, the most cosmic of beings--even the clone himself--will believe himself to be me."

So, I would believe the "most cosmic of beings" part refers to those on the level of the Watcher, which would mean Squirrel Girl did in fact only defeat the clone.

Keep in mind, this was written by Dan Slott, the same guy who wrote the Squirrel Girl owning.

So...technically...didn't she really defeat him then?

If he's basically supposed to be Thanos in every way, then she did defeat Thanos.

Disclaimer: Not saying I agree with it, just using the logic that the comic gives me.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 12:02 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Re: Re: Looks like the Thanos/Squirrel Girl incident has officially been retconned.

Originally posted by Metalmanx

If he's basically supposed to be Thanos in every way, then she did defeat Thanos.

Disclaimer: Not saying I agree with it, just using the logic that the comic gives me.

Hmm...I see were you're coming from...she may not have beat the REAL one..but there is absolutely no difference between the REAL and the FAKE one...so the retcon..is absolutely pointless....

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Nov 2nd, 2006 at 12:07 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 12:04 AM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Nah, though I guess I shouldn't have said "every trait."

It was basically a psychic imprint in his mind. She-Hulk then proceeded to beat the crap out of the clone in just a few panels.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 12:08 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Re: Re: Looks like the Thanos/Squirrel Girl incident has officially been retconned.

Well, according to the wuote, it's only every mental trait. Not the physical, and otherwise

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 12:29 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

It was basically a psychic imprint in his mind. She-Hulk then proceeded to beat the crap out of the clone in just a few panels.

She-Hulk beats the crap out of everyone in her own book erm

Even if it doesn't make sense

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 01:05 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Makes perfect sense that she beat up a clone over the real deal. Every one gets the drop on them, because no one cares if they lose.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 01:26 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Who cares. I really don't want to see Thanos turn into Darkseid with these retarded retcons
Plus it's funner to think of SG being a god.
Plus why would they ret con that shit anyway? I don't think anyone really takes it serious, and if they did, then it's not a bad showing since, SG has no bad showings.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 01:38 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I f***ing knew She Hulk was going to win.
Even if it's a damn clone, She Hulk has really turned into a god.
Plus, they are really overdoing it with these retcons.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 01:40 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by bigbran
Who cares. I really don't want to see Thanos turn into Darkseid with these retarded retcons
Plus it's funner to think of SG being a god.
Plus why would they ret con that shit anyway? I don't think anyone really takes it serious, and if they did, then it's not a bad showing since, SG has no bad showings.

I remember how her jobber aura was listed as a power on wikipedia laughing

Something about strangley being able to beat enemies leagues above her

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 01:53 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thedude1948

I wouldnt say it was officially retconned, But that scene can be used as evidence that it was a clone that squirrel girl fought, but you can also make an argument that every Thanos appearance is a clone also (using that scene).

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 01:53 AM
thedude1948 is currently offline Click here to Send thedude1948 a Private Message Find more posts by thedude1948 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by thedude1948
I wouldnt say it was officially retconned, But that scene can be used as evidence that it was a clone that squirrel girl fought, but you can also make an argument that every Thanos appearance is a clone also (using that scene).
I f***ing knew She Hulk was going to win.
Even if it's a damn clone, She Hulk has really turned into a god.
Plus, they are really overdoing it with these retcons.

Also I hope they don't have that stupid, "The real Thanos is omnipotent, etc" shit.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 01:56 AM
thedude1948

Also I hope they don't have that stupid, "The real Thanos is omnipotent, etc" shit.

Yeah, I really hope the clone idea just dies. Also I wouldn't say She-Hulk beating the Thanos clone was that impressive since he wasnt fighting back at all, and the only time he did fight back he beat the hell out of Star-God.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 02:07 AM
thedude1948 is currently offline Click here to Send thedude1948 a Private Message Find more posts by thedude1948 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by thedude1948
Yeah, I really hope the clone idea just dies. Also I wouldn't say She-Hulk beating the Thanos clone was that impressive since he wasnt fighting back at all, and the only time he did fight back he beat the hell out of Star-God.
Still, even if he wasn't fighting back. How could she hurt him? (maybe I'm just thinking of Thanos though)

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 02:08 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Insulting Squirrel Girl = Fail.

no expression

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 03:10 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Did they actually reference the SG beating? If not it still stands.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 03:43 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

No, it hasn't been referenced specifically, but I figured Slott was going in that direction.

Maybe I read into it too much. Frankly, I've been expecting some kind of reference to SG since I heard Thanos was going to appear in this title.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 05:14 AM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Im still mourning over the loss of the Thing sad

Seriously, Slott's writing on Thing was at times a hell of a lot better than his writing on She-Hulk erm

The best part about She-Hulk's book is the humor.

Slott needs to stop trying to make this weird plots and re-focus on what made the series great in the first place

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 03:22 PM