KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What If? Wolverine: Enemy of the State

What If? Wolverine: Enemy of the State
Started by: Jade Lightning

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jade Lightning

What If? Wolverine: Enemy of the State

All the wolverine fanboys are in for a big treat by the looks of the preview of the newest in the relaunched What If? series coming out on November 29th.

This series stars the mind-controlled Wolverine as he would be if he never snapped out of his superhero rampage, and he proceeds to kill most of the heroes in the Marvel Universe and only a small team remains do defeat him, from the looks of it including Magneto, Sue Storm, and Captain America.

The preview seems to suggest that Logan has killed Moon Knight, Daredevil, Thing, Tony Stark, Black Panther, Archangel, and many others, and leaves us guessing as to the fate of our favorite web-slinger.

The page showcasing Spidey's fight with Logan starts off predictably having Peter with the upper hand, slamming logan into a wall and webbing him there, but when logan rips free and tackles Spidey off the roof, where he panics and shoots webbing to control his decent, the only clue to the climax of the battle is a shot of webbing with a splatter of blood rising from the battle.

I understand logan is quite capable of killing heroes like DD, Black Panther, possibly Thing, and even Iron Man if he caught Tony unawares, but the idea that he's going to beat every single one of them is rediculous, and many agree with me that defeating Spiderman is something highly unlikely.

My question is this: if Wolverine does succeed in killing all of these heroes- Spiderman included- in the What If? series, does that count for a win even though it's a What If? Because i know years ago he killed spiderman from behind in a similar What If?, but I've never seen it referenced.

Here's the link to a preview:http://comics.ign.com/articles/744/744289p1.html

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 07:29 PM
Jade Lightning is currently offline Click here to Send Jade Lightning a Private Message Find more posts by Jade Lightning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

To your question: No, What If's are not canon continuity, so it will not count.

Let the writers drool over Wolverine and create the stupidest/most rediculous story ever, and it won't mean a thing. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 07:56 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jade Lightning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by H. S. 6
To your question: No, What If's are not canon continuity, so it will not count.

Let the writers drool over Wolverine and create the stupidest/most rediculous story ever, and it won't mean a thing. stick out tongue

My thoughts exactly... but you know, we are more than a decade overdue for a canon Spidey/Wolverine scrap.

The last real one, the graveyard fight was in 1988 I believe, and then there was one in 1993, but that one was just a punch from spidey and a kick from wolverine, and then 2004 I believe when spidey webbed him up, and logan stabbed him in New Avengers. The only real fight was the 1988 fight.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 08:09 PM
Jade Lightning is currently offline Click here to Send Jade Lightning a Private Message Find more posts by Jade Lightning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Jade Lightning
My thoughts exactly... but you know, we are more than a decade overdue for a canon Spidey/Wolverine scrap.

The last real one, the graveyard fight was in 1988 I believe, and then there was one in 1993, but that one was just a punch from spidey and a kick from wolverine, and then 2004 I believe when spidey webbed him up, and logan stabbed him in New Avengers. The only real fight was the 1988 fight.

It's because there will never be a clear winner, as long as these two characters remain two of Marvel's biggest cash cows.

It sucks; I agree.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 08:11 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

Wow. This may very well be the comic book equivalent of Ritalin for Wolvie fanboys.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 08:16 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

This is only SLIGHTLY more realistic than "What if The Punisher Killed the Marvel Universe"

Ugh.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 08:29 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jade Lightning

Even though I disagree that Wolverine could beat Spiderman, I think that even if the writer feels Wolverine would win, he should know he's not going to kill Peter in one page, the fight would take hours, if not days--- it'd be similar to a Spidey/Morlun showdown.

But if the hints in the preview are any guide, and obviously its not all about Spidey vs Wolverine- it loks like the fight's a short one.

Anyone else wanna venture any guesses as to whether or not he beats Spidey at the end of that panel?

EDIT: Is it me or does it look like Wolvie bursts into flame to escape the webbing?

Last edited by Jade Lightning on Nov 7th, 2006 at 08:44 PM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 08:41 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Jade Lightning
EDIT: Is it me or does it look like Wolvie bursts into flame to escape the webbing?

Secondary mutation..... no expression

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 09:30 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Scoobless
Secondary mutation..... no expression

Nope.

That's W-Vo.

His secondary mutation is advanced telepathy and telekinesis. And ice vision. And he has three hearts. And super-speed. And a diamond form. And large razor-like fangs, just in case his hands get tied up.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 10:41 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

this story not rediculous at all if you think about the people he killed.
moon night,dd,thing are all with in his ability to do. tony stark is with in his abbility to do if he catches him by surprize at home. even black panther is no real stretch

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 11:05 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Fake Macoy
Lousy Imitation

I didn't think that things could get much worse than the Enemy of the State storyline. Clearly, I was wrong.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 11:33 PM
The Fake Macoy is currently offline Click here to Send The Fake Macoy a Private Message Find more posts by The Fake Macoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
I didn't think that things could get much worse than the Enemy of the State storyline. Clearly, I was wrong.

what was wrong with enemy of the states?

Please I love to know what logan did that was out side his ability to do

Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan on Nov 7th, 2006 at 11:49 PM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 11:46 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jade Lightning

Originally posted by capt it up
moon night,dd,thing are all with in his ability to do. tony stark is with in his abbility to do if he catches him by surprize at home. even black panther is no real stretch

I agree with you there, I think DD, Black Panther, and Archangel are well within his ability, as well as Moon KNight. Thing is going to be a battle but I could see him pulling it off, but Tony Stark is a serious stretch if he's in his suit, btu I agree he could pull it off catching him by surprise as he's shown he can in the Vendetta series when he jumped on top of him.

I just don't agree that he could defeat Spider-man, I mean he could, but I don't think he would more often than not. And besides that, Capt I know you agree that it would be a long, drawn out battle either way, and judging by the preview Logan might make quick work of him.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 02:36 AM
Awesome Man
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't understand the Spiderman panel at all.

"HUZZAH!"

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 02:39 AM
Awesome Man is currently offline Click here to Send Awesome Man a Private Message Find more posts by Awesome Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

So basically the story is, what if Wolverine's jobber aura went uncontrolled laughing

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 02:40 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

The latest batch of What If stories are quite awful.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 02:56 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRAYERRUN

ya know, I doubt very much that wolverine would kill reed richards. reeds that malibility thing going for him

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 02:58 AM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega-level

Originally posted by capt it up

The story suggests that he has killed most of MU heroes. Yeah, he killed the entire X-men, the FF, most of the Avengers, etc. If you have Magneto or Sue Richards, why do you need to assemble a team to defeat him?

"So basically the story is, what if Wolverine's jobber aura went uncontrolled laughing"

laughing

By the way, in the first What If series, there is a story called "What If The Hulk went beserk". There, he, in his most savage and strong version, manages to kill the Thing, the Human Torch and Iron Man, before Thor kills him. My question is: if a Savage Hulk can be taken down before he makes too much damage, a mind-controlled Wolverine can't? Give me a brake, you stupid fanboys!

Last edited by Omega-level on Nov 8th, 2006 at 03:52 AM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 03:42 AM
Omega-level is currently offline Click here to Send Omega-level a Private Message Find more posts by Omega-level Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Hate the art.

Not that I'd be reading this anyway.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:20 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Grimm22
So basically the story is, what if Wolverine's jobber aura went uncontrolled laughing

So basically, the story is, what if Marvel wanted to crush Grimm's hopes and dreams by showing that Wolvy can kill Thing smile

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:37 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote