KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » I just made a character, woopie! Look at him go!

I just made a character, woopie! Look at him go!
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just made a character, woopie! Look at him go!

(please log in to view the image)
So, out of nowhere, I got an idea for a character. He's powered by a tiny blackhole in the middle of his chest!

It affords him weird compel/repel powers, very small time/reality manipulation powers, worm hole portals, matter containment and flight.

To make him vulnerable, he's not going to be superhuman durability, he will have the ability to create shields, but they won't be uber powerful. He'll also be vulnerable to mental attacks.

Oh, I don't know what to name the bastard, so someone help me....and yes, the artwork is modified Solar.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 08:17 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

hmmm......

HoleInChestMan!

no expression bieng serious though?
um....i like Nictitate (it's another Word for blink) or Rebuff (another word for Repel)

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 12:21 PM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Not bad...you can call him Singularity (assuming there isn't already a guy like that out there).

I like the simplicity of his appearance; I'm very partial to characters whose looks are natural, ie, not a costume. But change his color: not brown, brown is earthy (not cosmic) and it's a dull vibe.

It would also be cool if that insignia on his chest was dynamic not static.

Also, unless that black hole is subatomic, this guy's gonna weigh more than a mountain.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 02:15 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
Not bad...you can call him Singularity (assuming there isn't already a guy like that out there).

I like the simplicity of his appearance; I'm very partial to characters whose looks are natural, ie, not a costume. But change his color: not brown, brown is earthy (not cosmic) and it's a dull vibe.

It would also be cool if that insignia on his chest was dynamic not static.

Also, unless that black hole is subatomic, this guy's gonna weigh more than a mountain.

that's very true...so he should have mastery of gravity, so he won't crush things as he walks

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 05:26 PM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by NiņoAraņa
that's very true...so he should have mastery of gravity, so he won't crush things as he walks

Nah , just make it so he hovers about an inch off the ground. Then when he's fighting and actually hit's someone they really feel the weight of the punch.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 07:03 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

look here for more ideas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 07:11 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by NiņoAraņa
i like Nictitate

That makes him sound like a tobacco addict.

However, the character is pretty cool. I actually like the brown-ish colors. The only odd part is how it contrasts with the black hole. Also, perhaps there should be a tad more then just borwn with a black dot in the middle... but thats all your decision.

Now for a question...

How would the black hole be contained in his chest? Would ait be a pocket-dimension sort of mumbo jumbo? Makes me think of Abyss...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 07:17 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Re: I just made a character, woopie! Look at him go!

Originally posted by long pig
So, out of nowhere, I got an idea for a character. He's powered by a tiny blackhole in the middle of his chest!

It affords him weird compel/repel powers, very small time/reality manipulation powers, worm hole portals, matter containment and flight.

To make him vulnerable, he's not going to be superhuman durability, he will have the ability to create shields, but they won't be uber powerful. He'll also be vulnerable to mental attacks.

Oh, I don't know what to name the bastard, so someone help me....and yes, the artwork is modified Solar.

Well done.... you just "invented" Graviton!

stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 07:20 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

Re: Re: I just made a character, woopie! Look at him go!

Originally posted by Scoobless
Well done.... you just "invented" Graviton!

stick out tongue

Aww... come on give the guy a break! He, like myself, does not about every single comic character ever created! I like to think that guy that can switch places with anyone would be kind of weird. Or what about the power to "static cling" any part of your body to any surface? I don't know I like thinking of weird powers, not necessarily huge powerful stuff...

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 01:07 AM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Can he suck folks into his chest with his super powers now!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 01:23 AM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Soleran
Can he suck folks into his chest with his super powers now!

Didn't that happen in a Justice League cartoon? a guy had a black hole or something stuck in his chest and it kept swallowing everything.... it was that episode that featured Booster Gold as the star

smile

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 05:56 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

This better?
I like the idea of him not touching the ground, kinda like how Black Adam refuses to touch the ground.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 05:57 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Didn't that happen in a Justice League cartoon? a guy had a black hole or something stuck in his chest and it kept swallowing everything.... it was that episode that featured Booster Gold as the star

smile

The fat black guy with the teleportation device in his stomach? A Flash villain I think.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 05:59 AM
Smurph
------

smile

I remember!

It was some random scientist, with some weird explanation that basically meant he would suck everything into his chest... and Booster Gold had to save everybody!

I think the episode was called 'The Greatest Story Never Told'

or something like that

smile

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 06:06 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I remember!

It was some random scientist, with some weird explanation that basically meant he would suck everything into his chest... and Booster Gold had to save everybody!

I think the episode was called 'The Greatest Story Never Told'

or something like that

smile
Yeah, and they had Mordru destroying the JL, but is beaten by....Elongated Man. no expression

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 06:16 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evolve
KMC Herald

Some names come to mind.. Vortrax, Vortex, or "First name" "Last Name" - " Alias".. like Vincent Vando the Vortex Man...lol

Ok, explain how, what, and when did he get the black hole in his chest? Can this guy can control the gravitational force he puts out? Black holes can't be seen, but they are detected by noting their gravitational effect on the stars and gas in a galaxy.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 06:29 AM
Evolve is currently offline Click here to Send Evolve a Private Message Find more posts by Evolve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Also wouldnt he HAVE to have Superhuman Durabiility? So he doesnt get,, y'know... sucked inside out. no expression

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 06:43 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ethereal
Some names come to mind.. Vortrax, Vortex, or "First name" "Last Name" - " Alias".. like Vincent Vando the Vortex Man...lol

Ok, explain how, what, and when did he get the black hole in his chest? Can this guy can control the gravitational force he puts out? Black holes can't be seen, but they are detected by noting their gravitational effect on the stars and gas in a galaxy.

V-Tex? I'm not good at naming characters.

How he got his powers: I'll take the easy way and use the fact that no one knows what exactly is at the other side of a black hole. Well, this guy found out while in a space ship he was sucked into one and while in it, it radically altered his physiology to the point where he had basically a sub-atomic black hole inside himself. (Uh, help me out folks, trying to explain a black hole in a guy's chest is not the easiest thing to do.)

I'll try to explain his powers:
Since a tablespoon of the matter inside of a black hole would weigh 100tons, he can't have a black hole that size in him. Sub atomic like mindship said would be the only way and he'd still weigh a couple tons. I could see him using that mass control to give a good 75-100 ton punch.

He'd have complete gravitational control over himself and medium level gravity control over anything in, say, a 50 foot radius(I like the idea of him being physically unable to lay a foot on the ground. Maybe because it would disrupt his control over his fluctuating mass?).

He'd have low level time/reality bending ability in the same 50 foot radius (prince of Persia type thing. Black holes actually bend time and space around them, so it fits. He could slow down his own time making him seem matrix-fast). He can teleport with worm holes and suck massive quantities of matter and energy (black holes can pull in light) into his inner sub atomic black hole, but if he takes in too much, he'll be unable to control his mass and he'd implode.

That's all I have now, chime in and tell me how wrong I am. I can take it. sad

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Nov 19th, 2006 at 06:55 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 06:48 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Also wouldnt he HAVE to have Superhuman Durabiility? So he doesnt get,, y'know... sucked inside out. no expression

Well, yeah. His body's density/durability can grow with the amount of matter he takes in as well as just having superhuman durability. His control over his inner-black-hole is good enough that he wouldn't have to worry about being sucked inside out.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 06:51 AM
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Call him.........

THE SPOT!

GASP!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 06:54 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote