KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Superman Returns: The Game

Superman Returns: The Game
Started by: juggernaut66666

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

Cool Superman Returns: The Game

Some videos it is coming out at Nov 20
some videos and pictures:
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/564/564113.html
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/...game/index.html

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 02:40 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Actually it's coming on : 22th.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 03:21 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

I think it looks pretty fun. If they have good controls, and it's decently long I think it should be pretty good.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 05:14 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Hopefully it can erase the tragedy of Superman 64

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 05:53 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

?????? What are you talking about?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 06:04 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rewmac
?????? What are you talking about?
You do know that Superman videogames are considered to be the worst video games every made and Superman 64 is considered the worst of them?

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 06:09 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turtlethomas
Restricted

Account Restricted

ya know, i like 50 Cent and Eminemsmile

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 06:17 PM
Turtlethomas is currently offline Click here to Send Turtlethomas a Private Message Find more posts by Turtlethomas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

I have the demo on my 360

It's actually a lot of fun big grin

Basically think the Spider-Man 2 game, except with Superman

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 06:34 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

The demo is ok. The fighting is awful.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 06:37 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

It looks to be on par with the movie (and the comic book character itself): retarded.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 06:40 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Validus
The demo is ok. The fighting is awful.

Agreed erm

There are not nearly enough combos, but as far as I can tell there are about a dozen or so that are unlockable

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 06:42 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

The controls are terrible.

The game is broken. Honestly, I think it could use a few more months before being released. Ah, well...

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 12:42 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by H. S. 6
The controls are terrible.

The game is broken. Honestly, I think it could use a few more months before being released. Ah, well...

Why is the game broken? confused

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 02:42 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

Because it involves the Superman character. That's enough to cripple ANY game, regardless of it's design quality.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 02:47 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by Dinalfos
Because it involves the Superman character. That's enough to criple ANY game, regardless of it's design quality.

Have you even watched the trailer?

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 02:48 PM
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Have you even watched the trailer?

Better yet, I've played teh game!!1!

Well, the demo.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 02:48 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Better yet, I've played teh game!!1!

Well, the demo.

What is wrong with the game?

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 02:53 PM
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

Originally posted by juggernaut66666
What is wrong with the game?

The in-game scope is nicely done, but the action is hokey at best. Not so much the controls, they're relatively acceptable. It's just that the system and presentation aren't very intuitive and lacking balance. And the textures and animations are very, very EA (I.e cheap and repetitive). But to make matters even worse, it also has horrendous collision detection, far worse than anything else I've seen this year. I couldn't get into it because of that.

Granted, it was a test-version, but still.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 03:00 PM
Estacado
Legendary

The in-game scope is nicely done, but the action is hokey at best. Not so much the controls, they're relatively acceptable. It's just that the system and presentation aren't very intuitive and lacking balance. And the textures and animations are very, very EA (I.e cheap and repetitive). But to make matters even worse, it also has horrendous collision detection, far worse than anything else I've seen this year. I couldn't get into it because of that.

Granted, it was a test-version, but still.

Anyway I will still get it just because of the free play stuff.

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 03:07 PM
HaSon

The controls are far from acceptable IMO. Controlling Superman during high speed flight is a total pain in the ass and the camera doesn't help matters.

Grimm's comparison to the Spider-Man 2 game is on the mark. Both games give a good sense of being that particular hero but other than that, it's a bust. I'd still rent the game because some of the stuff that plays in the trailer looks pretty sweet but no way would I drop 60 on it.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 06:56 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote