KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » My MU Earth-999999999

My MU Earth-999999999
Started by: Alfheim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deadline

My MU Earth-999999999

Some of you might know my religon is Heathenism (Belief and philosophy of the viking). I got pe'd off with Marvel's bad writing of the Norse gods so I decided to make my own Heathen Marvel Universe. I haven't completely fleshed it out but here are some main differences between Earth- 999999999 and Earth 616.

1. The Gods managed to fend off the Celestials. All the other pantheons were destroyed except the Asagardian pantheon ( pantheon includes elves, dwarves etc).

2. All The Asagardian major gods (Thor, Tyr, Heimdall etc) are more or less as powerful as Odin. Leadership of the Gods is on a rotation basis. Thor was once the leader of the gods. Loki is not evil. Odin has an evil brother called Othin.

3. Everyone on earth still worships The Norse Gods but how they exactly do it varies from country to country. The whole world has a norse feel to it.

4. There is no X-gene but the God gene because the gods started to inter-marry with humans. The X men are called the God men. Some mutants are given certain names because their powers are seen to descend from certain gods. If you have superhuman strength you are said to have Thorite genes for example.

5. Magic is more powerful and technology is at 19th Century level. ( something I might change....the tech bit)

6. Captain America is Captain Germany his ancestors did not move to America. Captain Germany fought against Hitler who was trying to revive a twisted version of Viking Culture. The Holocaust never happened to the extent it did in this world. Captain Germany has magical powers drawn from the Norse God of combat Ull.

7. At the present time The Gods have become more distant to humans because they have become corrupt. Othin has started to take over the world with the Frost and Fire Giants and some Dark Elves.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 06:38 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HelloThere
Restricted

Account Restricted

You really believe in Thor and that shit ? laughing laughing laughing

Do you pray to Odin ??

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 06:53 PM
HelloThere is currently offline Click here to Send HelloThere a Private Message Find more posts by HelloThere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supervenom
There is only..SUPERVENOM

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HelloThere

Do you pray to Odin ??

And most modern day religions take their stories/beliefs from previous "pagan" religions.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 06:57 PM
supervenom is currently offline Click here to Send supervenom a Private Message Find more posts by supervenom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

Do you pray to Odin ??

It is his beliefs you c*nt. He can pray to who he wants and believe what he wants.

Nice universe, i've always been interested in the Norse Gods.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 06:57 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Do you pray to Odin ??

Yes. As far as im concerned its the same thing as God. God is infinite and reveals to himself to people in infinte different ways.

I dont like praying to Odin that much he has a tendency to put people through hell.

Originally posted by Ichigo66666

Nice universe, i've always been interested in the Norse Gods.

Yeah but its just some rough ideas at this stage. I know quite abit about Norse culture and Marvel comics but I would have to do tons of research. I am lacking in knowledge of the Xmen who im going to call the God men. I need to research WW 2, I think this is the explanation im going to give to why mankind goes down hill. Hitler trys to revive the raping and pillaging days and is a follower of Othin.

Whose bad and whose good is going to be less clear cut. For example not all Giants will be evil and will not be traditionaly stupid and big. Some Dark elves will good and Hela is also not evil, Fenris and The World Serpent will be evil. Also The Asagardians will consist of different races. Persecution in this world is based on the God gene and ideologies that people hold but not on race.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 07:11 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HelloThere
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its a nice universe but Odin...Thor...

Last edited by HelloThere on Nov 22nd, 2006 at 07:17 PM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 07:15 PM
HelloThere is currently offline Click here to Send HelloThere a Private Message Find more posts by HelloThere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Its a nice unirverse but odin...Thor...

What about them?

Thor: My evil half-brother, Loki. A messenger from Asgard came to warn me that he escaped from his bonds again and journeyed to Midgard to do everything he could to--

Captain America: Thor, please.

Thor: What?

Captain America: Just shut up.

Thor: You go to church every Sunday, Captain. What I've got to say's no stranger than that.

Last edited by Deadline on Nov 22nd, 2006 at 07:26 PM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 07:15 PM
invisiblewoman
Invisible Authority

i like it ! norse mythology is very interesting and i think not enough people know about it! they should show it more in school! i always remember going over egyptian and greek mythology but i had to look up norse mythology on my own!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 07:24 PM
invisiblewoman is currently offline Click here to Send invisiblewoman a Private Message Find more posts by invisiblewoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
i like it ! norse mythology is very interesting and i think not enough people know about it! they should show it more in school! i always remember going over egyptian and greek mythology but i had to look up norse mythology on my own!

Tell me about it! I don't know why that is.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 07:25 PM
invisiblewoman
Invisible Authority

yeah i have often wondered myself . . .

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 07:30 PM
invisiblewoman is currently offline Click here to Send invisiblewoman a Private Message Find more posts by invisiblewoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Fascinating. Any daily or weekly worship requirements for the Norse Pantheon?
(You don't sacrifice animals, do you?)

I have a recipie for making a barrel of mead. Have you tried that?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 07:41 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
yeah i have often wondered myself . . .

You know something I suspect. It might be because of the Nazis. Hitler tried to revive the traditions of the Vikings. Unfortunately today some Viking symbols have negative conatations. The swastika is actually a symbol for Thor. The nazi salute is actually a salute that the Vikings used to give each other, as far as I know. In the Lord Of The Rings you see two statues doing something similar.

Also I think the Vikings were very passionate people but not very "sophisticated". They were great explorers but not know for their advances in technology. Eventhough I love the Norse gods they are not as glamorous as the Greek gods. Even Norse kings were kinda "common" but thats why I love them. As Odin put it:

"Men die, Cattle die, even we gods die. But I know something that never dies the fame of a person who has earned it."

Well I think thats what he said..LOL.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 07:42 PM
Deadline

Originally posted by roughrider
Fascinating. Any daily or weekly worship requirements for the Norse Pantheon?
(You don't sacrifice animals, do you?)

I have a recipie for making a barrel of mead. Have you tried that?

It depends. Theres a thing called a blot were you may offer some food to a God, but it depends on what God you are offering it to. If its Odins its probably wine because Odin is supposed to drink nothing but wine. Certain days are also important to certain Gods for example Thursday is special to Thor, Wednesday is special to Odin, Tuesday to Tyr etc etc. I don't sacrifice animals I just offer food and meditate. Bare in mind that the Vikings were passionate about their religon but were not dogmatic about it. Also just because The Vikings did things in the past doesn't mean we have to do it now, for example The Vikings were very homophobic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bl%C3%B3t

Hope this helps a bit...

Double post....sorry...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 07:50 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Alfheim
Thor: My evil half-brother, Loki. A messenger from Asgard came to warn me that he escaped from his bonds again and journeyed to Midgard to do everything he could to--

Captain America: Thor, please.

Thor: What?

Captain America: Just shut up.

Thor: You go to church every Sunday, Captain. What I've got to say's no stranger than that.

thumb up

One of the best quotes I've ever read in a comic.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 08:02 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

You like Norse mythology ? I like it too, way more interesting than let's say the Egyptian or the Roman mythology (Greek is also cool).

Ever read the Thorgal comics ? They are all about Norse mythology, and are a pretty good read too.

Attachment: thorgal.jpg
This has been downloaded 73 time(s).

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 08:24 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
You like Norse mythology ? I like it too, way more interesting than let's say the Egyptian or the Roman mythology (Greek is also cool).

Ever read the Thorgal comics ? They are all about Norse mythology, and are a pretty good read too.

Nope but I'll check it out when I got time.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 08:28 PM
Kid Kurdy

Thorgal as a small boy (you can see the Goddess Frigg in the background and the serpent Nidhogg)

Okay I'll shut up now.

Attachment: thorgal03-800.jpg
This has been downloaded 66 time(s).

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 08:36 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Thorgal as a small boy (you can see the Goddess Frigg in the background and the serpent Nidhogg)

Okay I'll shut up now.

Very nice. smile LOL sounds like you eally like the comics.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 08:37 PM
Kid Kurdy

The first twenty were great, awesome, now they are so and so.

The cool thing about the main character, is that he is really hated by the Gods because he's an anomaly (he just doesn't belong in the great plan set out by the Gods), but at the same time he is loved by the Gods because he has all the heart and courage that is needed in those days.

(And to think I promised to shut up.)

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 08:47 PM
Deadline

The first twenty were great, awesome, now they are so and so.

The cool thing about the main character, is that he is really hated by the Gods because he's an anomaly (he just doesn't belong in the great plan set out by the Gods),

Well you see this is the thing.......that makes them seem like Greek Gods now. The Greek Gods were mainly punishing human beings at a whim for no good reason. The Norse gods for the most part were a team that worked together to protect mankind and the whole of creation, Odin though is frequently portrayed as a complete b*****, but not all the time.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 08:53 PM