KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel Universe: The End, In Continuity or Not

Is Marvel Universe: The End, In Continuity or Not?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, it is definitely In Continuity. 7 41.18%
No, it is Not In Continuity. 7 41.18%
It has absolutely NO IMPACT on the Marvel Universe either way. 3 17.65%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marvel Universe: The End, In Continuity or Not
Started by: Horrificus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Horrificus

Marvel Universe: The End, In Continuity or Not

For reference, here is the link to the Thread started by Leonidas:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

Is the Jim Starlin story, Marvel Universe: The End, starring Thanos,
In Continuity or Not?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 05:41 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a possibility.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 05:44 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

why did this need a thread if there's already a discussion topic?

sig by willRules

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 06:12 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Black Adam
why did this need a thread if there's already a discussion topic?

Because thats how Horrificus rolls.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 06:37 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DDurand

Worst comic story ever. For me, it's not even exist.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 06:49 PM
DDurand is currently offline Click here to Send DDurand a Private Message Find more posts by DDurand Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

I like to beat a problem to death. Then, once it is defeated, I like to throw it's corpse around a little.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 07:12 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Marvel Universe: The End, In Continuity or Not

Originally posted by Horrificus
For reference, here is the link to the Thread started by Leonidas:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

Is the Jim Starlin story, Marvel Universe: The End, starring Thanos,
In Continuity or Not?

Not continuity

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 11:05 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Not canon material.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 11:57 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Hold up a sec...

Thanos actually refers to this while talking with Adam Warlock in his solo series (which is canon).

He said that no one else besides the two of them remembered it.

So it has been referenced in a canon comic. I tend to think that it actually happened.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 11:59 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Hold up a sec...

Thanos actually refers to this while talking with Adam Warlock in his solo series (which is canon).

So it has been referenced in a canon comic. I tend to think that it actually happened.

thumb up
it has to be cannon, in the book thanos does refer to the comic cube, and IG.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 12:28 AM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

Yes Thanos does reference it in his solo series which is why I tend to think of it as canon, but the editors at Marvel have come up with some horribly convoluted way to explain it and still make The End not canon, something like it all happened in another universe (not 616). I think its just easier to accept it.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 12:34 AM
Wally West is currently offline Click here to Send Wally West a Private Message Find more posts by Wally West Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Horrificus
I like to beat a problem to death. Then, once it is defeated, I like to throw it's corpse around a little.

Then you've got a serious problem.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 12:36 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by Wally West
Yes Thanos does reference it in his solo series which is why I tend to think of it as canon, but the editors at Marvel have come up with some horribly convoluted way to explain it and still make The End not canon, something like it all happened in another universe (not 616). I think its just easier to accept it.

Andy Schimdt, i believe.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 12:41 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

According to Wikipedia, it took place on soime other Earth... 3421 or something... smile

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 10:56 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Hold up a sec...

Exactly. It also states in his Nova Corps files that he destroyed reality before as well. Guess Adam spread the word.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 11:29 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

Yes its Cannon, Thanos mentions it in his solo series to Adam Warlock, and thanos solo series has to be cannon because at the end of his series he has meet up with fallen one, and Starlord has left the super prison thing where oblivion was being held.

They might be able to say that, the End wasnt cannon, but then that would mean that thanos solo series wasnt cannon and neither is all of Annihilation...which im pretty sure is...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 12:35 PM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

courtesy of thedude. smile

<<This is what Andy Schmidt who is an editor from Marvel and currently working on Annihilation had to say about Marvel: The End.

"Someone else answered this later, but just so you get it from me as well: MARVEL UNIVERSE: THE END is an out of continuity story, however, Thanos does refer to some "event" that seemingly bore a similar resemblence to the THE END story that occured some time in between INFINITY ABYSS and THANOS #1."

Also in Akhenaten's profile in OHOTMU A-Z #1 in 2006 it says that he is from the Earth-4321 reality. And it also states "At least some of Earth-4321's events may have occurred in the Earth-616 reality, but the extent of this duplication remains unrevealed."
http://img189.imageshack.us/my.php?...khenatenxl9.jpg

All the other "The End" books were not canon and more of a what if. But the event that happened in Marvel: The End were hinted to in Thanos solo comic and also in the profile for Thanos in Annihilation.>>

dumbest.

explanation.

EVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway, it supports the notion that only a universe was destroyed -- if even that much happened in 616. erm

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 12:09 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Boo. Leave it to Marvel to make an incredibly sh*tty explanation to cover up a writer's blunder.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 12:15 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Canon? - thumb up

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 12:18 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Bump

Old Post Jul 27th, 2017 01:56 AM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote