KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » New Excalibur

New Excalibur
Started by: nimbus006

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nimbus006
Accuser

New Excalibur

I just started reading this at issue 13 with the Juggernaut story Redeemed... Can anyone give me a little background on what is going on.

I get the fact that he is losing his powers for some reason, and that it might have to do with Black Tom, but does anyone know why? Or is that what were going to find out in the next two issues.

Maybe someone can give me a brief explanation as to what went on in the last couple of issues?

By: Juk

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 03:13 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Anyone?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 04:34 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

could you post some scans of this please.......seems popular on these forums

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 10:27 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

So far, all that's happened is:

Juggernaut gets beaten near death by the Wrecking Crew. They all make fun of him for being so weak that they actually could beat him. Excalibur comes in and saves him and all of a sudden he hears voices in his head that tell him to do evil things like rape and kill half his teammates. The voice, I assume it's Cyttorak's, tells him that he could be a god again if he only asks and then we see Juggernaut leaving to visit the riuns where he first found the Cyttorak crystal.

Here's a picture of issue 15. It shows Juggernaut in a different type of costume reaching for the crystal.
(please log in to view the image)

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Dec 2nd, 2006 at 06:07 AM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 06:05 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

pls post scans sum1

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 09:24 AM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Re: New Excalibur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nimbus006
I just started reading this at issue 13 with the Juggernaut story Redeemed... Can anyone give me a little background on what is going on.

I get the fact that he is losing his powers for some reason, and that it might have to do with Black Tom, but does anyone know why? Or is that what were going to find out in the next two issues.

Maybe someone can give me a brief explanation as to what went on in the last couple of issues?

His power loss is due to him disobeying Cyttorak.

It does seem like he could be getting them back though. In the past few issues it has been focusing on, him complaining about his power loss. This new arc will tell what is going to happen with his character.

I hope the writers are not leading myself and others down the wrong path. It seems he could be getting his powers back. Maybe just in time for World War Hulk.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2006 12:33 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putar
Battle Juggerpope!

I remember reading something the author of the Unredeamed arc said. Let me see if I can find it. It went something like "he will never be called the Huggernaut again"

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 01:49 PM
Putar is currently offline Click here to Send Putar a Private Message Find more posts by Putar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putar
Battle Juggerpope!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 02:16 PM
Putar is currently offline Click here to Send Putar a Private Message Find more posts by Putar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Awesome link, thanks. I appreciate the help guys.

One more question... How did he disobey Cyttorak? What did he do?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 02:39 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Was it just by siding with the good guys, or did he do something specific?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 02:57 PM
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Originally posted by outarddwarf
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=88352

Oh My God Thank You!!!

Finally He is getting his powers back.

That being said, he better not screw this up.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 01:11 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putar
Battle Juggerpope!

He defied Cyttorak on several occasions. He dified the octessence (the pact of eight evil alien gods to send artifacts of power to earth and when they are all activated they would enslave the population, divide them up evenly and then fight until all but one exemplar were dead. However juggernaut fought a battle of wills with a spell from cyttorak that was attacking his mind, and won, keeping cyttorak from possesing him and then he destroyed the doomsday machine the exemplars were building.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 02:43 AM
Putar
Battle Juggerpope!

and then of course, he starts useing his powers for good, ticking the elder god off even more so he is now withdrawing the power of the connection little by little from the juggernaut.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 02:44 AM
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by ankur29
could you post some scans of this please.......seems popular on these forums

Oh For ****s sake!!! Just use torrents already. mad

sig by willRules

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 02:45 AM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

i cant they don't work on my comp embarrasment sad

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 04:23 PM
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by ankur29
i cant they don't work on my comp embarrasment sad

LOL wut?

you mean the .cbr files?

sig by willRules

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 04:27 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

torrnets dont work at all .........so i've become scans dependant .....turns the secuirty settings with of internet have been altered by my internet provider ,they have disabled torrents for all thier customers or summin lyk dat

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 04:54 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bah, I got to look at the comic today. He doesn't get his powers back.

****ing sucks, too.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 04:52 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Originally posted by long pig
Bah, I got to look at the comic today. He doesn't get his powers back.

****ing sucks, too.

Well there is one more issue. Hopefully that one will pull through.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 06:26 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: From what I saw when I got a 30 second reading, he basically rejected the power and then went on to face another Juggernaut. So, blah. I really thought the good ol' Jug was back. DAMMIT!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 06:29 AM