KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel Comics CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS

When will the Marvel COIE happen?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Within 5 years 2 28.57%
Within 10 years 2 28.57%
Within 20 years 0 0%
Never 3 42.86%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marvel Comics CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Marvel Comics CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS

When they started publishing Ultimate, it was the first ongoing parallel dimension that was like an Earth-2. Now, they have multiple Earths coming out of the woodwork. Can Marvel keep it's continuity straight for good - or is a COIE inevitable?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Last edited by roughrider on Dec 13th, 2006 at 02:13 AM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 02:11 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Nah, Marvel seems rather content to just ignore continuity.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 02:14 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

No they don't.......... not often anyway.

no expression

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 02:17 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Because it worked so well for DC I hope it never happens in Marvel.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 02:24 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Marvel's not bad with continuity. They do their best to keep things in line. Sometimes minor stuff just slips through.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 02:34 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

There are Marvel characters with histories tied to WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Eventually, they will get so far in the past it won't be logical. A reboot will have to happen.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 02:55 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
There are Marvel characters with histories tied to WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Eventually, they will get so far in the past it won't be logical. A reboot will have to happen.

Marvel has a Sliding time scale. Don't see what the big problem is.

sig by willRules

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 03:12 AM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Black Adam
Marvel has a Sliding time scale. Don't see what the big problem is.

Co-sign!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 03:57 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Eventually, maybe....because each new generation gets buried under eons of continuity that they're not familiar with. That's kinda why they started the Ultimate universe. But it's such a big ripoff of DC that they'd be hesitant to do it.

But they have loads of fun with, say, Exiles jumping from universe to universe that it really doesn't seem to be a problem like it was in DC.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 04:11 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Eventually, maybe....because each new generation gets buried under eons of continuity that they're not familiar with. That's kinda why they started the Ultimate universe. But it's such a big ripoff of DC that they'd be hesitant to do it.

But they have loads of fun with, say, Exiles jumping from universe to universe that it really doesn't seem to be a problem like it was in DC.

I would rather have a different version of the Marvel U. like the Ultimate titles like u said than a big event like Crisis. Every so often have the hottest creators come up with their version of the characters. DC werent too hesitant at copying the Ultimate line when they came up all on their own with All Star..

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 04:47 AM
NiñoAraña
Bang Bang

maybe some of the waaaaaaaaay older characters (punisher, cap america) can just get repectable deaths, or pass on the handle

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 12:22 PM
NiñoAraña is currently offline Click here to Send NiñoAraña a Private Message Find more posts by NiñoAraña Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Validus
Nah, Marvel seems rather content to just ignore continuity.

^What he said.

They need another Infinity Gauntlet storyline so badly right now. Instead they gave their fans a Civil War. It's like...what are you doing Marvel? Don't be afraid to go into cosmic events.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Dec 13th, 2006 at 04:38 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 04:35 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Don't be afraid to go into cosmic events.

Annihilation....

sig by willRules

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 09:16 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

what's wrong with Civil War? I'm enjoying it yes

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 09:30 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seems that every DC fan is attacking Civil War because Infinite Crisis was a piece of garbage.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 09:38 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

ah right smile Well I liked Infinite crisis and I like Civil War so far. I'm preferring Civil War by far though......

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 09:41 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked IC until issue 7, then I fell out of my chair when it was all about Superman.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 09:44 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: Marvel Comics CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS

Originally posted by roughrider
or is a COIE inevitable?
I friggin hope so..... All this infinite ammount of multiverses' crap is rediculous.

All Marvel really needs is the 616 universe, and the Ultimate Universe and I think the fans will still be happy.

no expression

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 10:15 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Seems that every DC fan is attacking Civil War because Infinite Crisis was a piece of garbage.

What I've read of both Ahnihilation and Civil War has been pretty decent so far.

...and IC was awesome. Yeah..the ending was anticlimatic but the lead in's and xovers were awesome.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 10:15 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote