KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Thank you KMC

Thank you KMC
Started by: nimbus006

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nimbus006
Accuser

Thank you KMC

In light of the holiday spirit I have decided to dedicate a thread in order to give a special thanks to the KMC Community for allowing us to be a part of this great forum.

When I first came on this site I use to think Silver Surfer was Galactus's dad when it came to power. That’s just an example of how uninformed I was. When I was younger I would collect marvel cards, but never really read or new anything about comics aside from watching the X-Men cartoons, the cards, and all the Comic movies. Since then however, (contrary to some beliefs) I have attained a great deal of knowledge in regards to comics and characters b/c of this site and the vast amount of educated posters. So while I may not be a great debater, I’m glad that I found KMC, and had the privilege to acquire so much cool information which has led me to explore and examine the comic world for myself. Due to the KMC community I now read over 15 monthly titles which include:

1. Astonishing X-Men
2. Uncanny X-Men
3. Wolverine (MK)
4. New Excalibur
5. New Avengers
6. Iron Man
7. Black Panther
8. Fantastic Four
9. Hulk
10. Justice League of America
11. X-23
12. Amazing Spiderman
13. Cable and Deadpool
14. Civil War
15. Annihilation

Plus all the mini series that come out such as Illuminati, Civil War Tie-ins, etc... Basically, I am a comic freak now, and it really is all due to this site. Again, Thank you to all the people who contribute to keep this site going (you know who you are), and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

P.S Use this thread for anyone who wishes to tell a story, say thank you, or add anything to what i just wrote.

By: Juk

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 04:38 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

This will be closed eventually, but I'll give it a while.

...and yeah, I can say pretty much the same. I'm informed and in love with comics thanks to KMC.

smile

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 05:01 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Me too! This site has teached me more things about comics then anything else. yes

Merry Christmas!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 05:05 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
This will be closed eventually, but I'll give it a while.

...and yeah, I can say pretty much the same. I'm informed and in love with comics thanks to KMC.

smile

Why will it be closed? I didn't know where else to put it seeing as the focus was on the comic book forum.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 05:08 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by nimbus006
Why will it be closed? I didn't know where else to put it seeing as the focus was on the comic book forum.

Meh, we just can't start allowing people to make "my KMC story" threads, or it will devolve into mutual back-patting and spam threads.

But I like that you took the time to do this...and when I said while, I meant a period of days. It'll have time for everyone to discuss anything they want.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 05:13 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Add Runaways and X-Factor to your list.

smile

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 05:16 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah pretty much the same goes for me.

When I first joined, I wasnt too interested in comics, but now Im a comic book junkie.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 05:17 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

Agreed, i learn more about comics here then the actual comics.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 05:18 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Meh, we just can't start allowing people to make "my KMC story" threads, or it will devolve into mutual back-patting and spam threads.

But I like that you took the time to do this...and when I said while, I meant a period of days. It'll have time for everyone to discuss anything they want.

Ok thats cool, i only meant for it to be a Holiday thing anyway.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 05:19 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by Scoobless
Add Runaways and X-Factor to your list.

smile

Cool, i tried to get into runaways during the Civil Way Tie-ins but i never caught on. X-factor is a good arc just dont have enough time.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 05:20 PM
Kovacs86

Re: Thank you KMC

Originally posted by nimbus006
In light of the holiday spirit I have decided to dedicate a thread in order to give a special thanks to the KMC Community for allowing us to be a part of this great forum.

When I first came on this site I use to think Silver Surfer was Galactus's dad when it came to power. That’s just an example of how uninformed I was. When I was younger I would collect marvel cards, but never really read or new anything about comics aside from watching the X-Men cartoons, the cards, and all the Comic movies. Since then however, (contrary to some beliefs) I have attained a great deal of knowledge in regards to comics and characters b/c of this site and the vast amount of educated posters. So while I may not be a great debater, I’m glad that I found KMC, and had the privilege to acquire so much cool information which has led me to explore and examine the comic world for myself. Due to the KMC community I now read over 15 monthly titles which include:

1. Astonishing X-Men
2. Uncanny X-Men
3. Wolverine (MK)
4. New Excalibur
5. New Avengers
6. Iron Man
7. Black Panther
8. Fantastic Four
9. Hulk
10. Justice League of America
11. X-23
12. Amazing Spiderman
13. Cable and Deadpool
14. Civil War
15. Annihilation

Plus all the mini series that come out such as Illuminati, Civil War Tie-ins, etc... Basically, I am a comic freak now, and it really is all due to this site. Again, Thank you to all the people who contribute to keep this site going (you know who you are), and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

P.S Use this thread for anyone who wishes to tell a story, say thank you, or add anything to what i just wrote.
Ahem... where's ultimates on that list? And, yeah, thanks to KMC I am also more obsessibe over comics than ever!

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 08:02 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Fables is a must read smile

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 08:08 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

You really should add Captain American and Daredevil to that list. They are the two best monthly titles marvel has right now. Drop Black Panther and Cable and Deadpool for them if you have too, they haven't been good in a while.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 08:23 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

DD rocks...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 08:32 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
You really should add Captain American and Daredevil to that list. They are the two best monthly titles marvel has right now. Drop Black Panther and Cable and Deadpool for them if you have too, they haven't been good in a while.

Thanx for the heads up, Ill probably check out a couple issues, but Im not dropping any of my current reads... i like BP and Cable Deadpool.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 08:46 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Re: Re: Thank you KMC

Originally posted by Super Guy
Ahem... where's ultimates on that list? And, yeah, thanks to KMC I am also more obsessibe over comics than ever!

I read Volume 1, then dropped it cuz i wanted to concentrate on 616. I know it was probably a mistake. sad

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 08:48 PM
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

I love Cable & Deadpool, I would rather him in his own series but I'll take him where I can get him.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 09:15 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by ThePittman
I love Cable & Deadpool, I would rather him in his own series but I'll take him where I can get him.

The first two or three story arcs where good but the rest? The nicest thing I can say about that book is the novelty has warn off, it really needs a new creative team.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 09:17 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

The first two or three story arcs where good but the rest? The nicest thing I can say about that book is the novelty has warn off, it really needs a new creative team.
The old DP series was great, the new one is a bit weak but I just like reading DP's quotes.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 09:20 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by ThePittman
The old DP series was great, the new one is a bit weak but I just like reading DP's quotes.

I'm still bitter that Agent X was shelved for Cable and Deadpool. Agent X was a far superior book and much funnier IMO, Cable and Deadpool just doesn't hold up on anything it trys to accomplish.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 09:22 PM