KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Where is a good place to find scans?

Where is a good place to find scans?
Started by: outavodka

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
outavodka
Il Cut You B!tch!!!!

Where is a good place to find scans?

I mean alot im not near where you would find alota material so i rely on scans. Any help

Drivin a fast car listening to Deftones baby. Cred to Rewmac for this sick sig!

Old Post Dec 25th, 2006 11:06 PM
outavodka is currently offline Click here to Send outavodka a Private Message Find more posts by outavodka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Legally? No where.

Illegally? IRC, P2P, KMC.

I advise against the latter option, though. It really does hurt the comic industry. If you can't find a comic shop - order them online. Get a subscription. Something.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 12:08 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Full comics, or just scans?

A good place for just scans of battles is www.superherochat.net, go to the "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" forum and look in the battle scan - o - rama thread.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 01:51 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Soljer
I advise against the latter option, though. It really does hurt the comic industry. If you can't find a comic shop - order them online. Get a subscription. Something.
thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 02:03 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

whatever.........f ****ing NARCs..f **** the industry! i pirate cuz im just chomping out my pound of flesh for the the money i spent on the hulk,iron man, and spiderman portions of HOMbig grin

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 02:19 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by manjaro
whatever.........f ****ing NARCs..f **** the industry! i pirate cuz im just chomping out my pound of flesh for the the money i spent on the hulk,iron man, and spiderman portions of HOMbig grin

Because the comics you RECEIVED for that money wasn't the end of the transaction?

Since you bought a couple books, you're automatically entitled to anything Marvel's ever/will ever print(ed)?

No. Piracy isn't cool. I'm not going to say that I'm above it, I can't say I've never done it (comics, music, movies), but that's beyond the point. Wrong is wrong - no matter who does it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 03:24 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Whether it hurts the comic book industry per se is still debatable. I buy my own and get scans for them as well, I also get scans for those comics Im no really into but im curious about a particular storyline.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 05:19 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

Try ebay and such. Would be much better to give back to the comic industry and not pirate it. I live almost 60 miles from a decent comic store, so the internet is your best friend...

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 06:20 AM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Originally posted by manjaro
That is a load of bollocks. I'll admit I have and do look at scans but since I found a comic shop, I've been spending £30-50 every month and read only scans I find already around... buying the odd TPB doesn't give you the right to leech off the industry. And unlike the music industry etc., the comic industry is very vulnerable: 10 years ago, Marvel were nearly bankrupt for Christ's Sake! sad

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 01:48 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Soljer
Because the comics you RECEIVED for that money wasn't the end of the transaction?

Since you bought a couple books, you're automatically entitled to anything Marvel's ever/will ever print(ed)?

No. Piracy isn't cool. I'm not going to say that I'm above it, I can't say I've never done it (comics, music, movies), but that's beyond the point. Wrong is wrong - no matter who does it.

Co-signed

Closing. We're the most hardcore fans comics has. If we pirate, the industry will eventually just shut down. Writers will be fired, titles cancelled, customers will leave.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 04:28 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote