KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Vibranium + Antarctic Vibranium = ???

Vibranium + Antarctic Vibranium = ???
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

Vibranium + Antarctic Vibranium = ???

I don't know if this has ever actually been covered in a comic(though it seems that it should have been by now), but what would happen if a portion of Wakandan Vibranium came into contact with Antarctic variety(Anti-Metal)? Would the Wakandan melt like other metals, or would it's ability to absorb energy/vibrations protect it from destruction?

What if someone attempted to create an alloy of the two? Would they cancel each other out and leave a metal with the actual strength of vibranium, but with no other special properties?

(Here's the info I got from Wiki about both)..

Wakandan variety
Wakandan Vibranium often referred to as Vibranium as its the most commonly known of the two varieties of Vibranium, is native to the small country of Wakanda. It possesses the ability to absorb all vibrations in the vicinity as well as kinetic energy directed at it, the energy absorbed is stored within the bonds between the molecules that make it up. As a result, the more energy Vibranium absorbs the tougher it becomes though there are limits to the capacity of the energy that can be stored however and although the exact limitations are unknown as of now there have been examples. One such instant was when the oil conglomerate Roxxon discovered that a certain small island in the South Atlantic had a foundation composed of Vibranium. Due to this Roxxon found it necessary to destroy the island and blew it up with bombs. Unable to absorb the force of the explosion, the Vibranium was destroyed but it did succeed in entirely absorbing the sound made by the explosion preventing damage to the surrounding area. Other abilities exhibited by this variety of Vibranium has been the ability to mutate humans, which caused the creation of the Black Panther Cult ages ago as they saw these people as demons. Its radiation has also permeated much of Wakanda's flora and fauna, including the Heart-Shaped Herb eaten by members of the Black Panther Cult and the flesh of the White Gorilla eaten by the members of the White Gorilla Cult which both give super human abilities to whomever eats them.

Antarctic variety
Better known as Anti-Metal, it is native to the artificially created Antarctic jungle known as the Savage Land. Unlike the Vibranium of Wakanda that absorbs vibrations, it produces vibrations. These vibrations produces a specific wavelength that breaks down the molecular bonds in other metals resulting in the liquification of other metals including the otherwise indestructible metal known as Adamantium though its effects on Uru is unknown. If huge quantities of Anti-Metal were gathered together and accumulated the vibrations given off by the entire mass would increase logarithmically as more was added. Theoretically, if the enormous mound of Wakandan Vibranium were composed of Anti-Metal instead, the resulting vibrations would liquefy metals throughout Africa and possibly beyond. Anti-Metal is also known for being able to become an artificial and unstable form of the Wakandan variety of Vibranium through certain particle bombardments on it. And supposedly the opposite is true as a fraction of the sacred mound of Wakandan Vibranium was apparently converted to Antarctic Vibranium by particle bombardment.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 01:46 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

An alloy of these two would be awesome.
Best traits of both
O.o

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 01:52 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juntai
An alloy of these two would be awesome.
Best traits of both
O.o

I don't think it would work like that(if you could alloy them at all). It seems like the vibration absorption properties of the "standard" vibranium would absorb the vibrational waves produced by the anti metal, canceling out both effects(though an alloy that DID have the properties of both would be a kick ass thing to have access to).

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 01:59 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Its a possibility, but alloys always have the best properties of both.
Who knows though, its a comic.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 02:01 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Antarctic Vibranium resonates at a frequency that disrupts the bonds in other metals (or something) ... regular vibranium generally absorbs all vibrations and would probably cancel out the effects ..... the only thing I can think of to show this is Black Panther - he wears Vibranium and carries anti-metal claws.

Of course, if you had used that in the tourney to protect against our anti-metal attack we already had a plan to destroy you in vibranium form (as it is far from indestructible)

stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 02:31 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
Antarctic Vibranium resonates at a frequency that disrupts the bonds in other metals (or something) ... regular vibranium generally absorbs all vibrations and would probably cancel out the effects ..... the only thing I can think of to show this is Black Panther - he wears Vibranium and carries anti-metal claws.

Of course, if you had used that in the tourney to protect against our anti-metal attack we already had a plan to destroy you in vibranium form (as it is far from indestructible)

stick out tongue

I actually DID think about doing that, but I was unsure of how good of a defense standard vibranium would be against anti metal(actually, I'm still unsure, which is why I started this thread). However for the record, that anti metal wouldn't have really been all that useful, because EX AM possessed some ultra powerful forcefields, which would've blocked the waves produced by it(that was something bigbran was supposed to point out). Also, Hawkeye carries special anti metal arrows as standard equipment(and SA has copied Hawkeye and his trick arrows before), which means that Super Adaptoid has been exposed to anti metal before with no ill effects(I just thought of that day before yesterday though, so you lucked out).

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 02:40 AM
darthgoober

ninja

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 02:31 AM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

well if one aborbs the other it would just make for one tuff piece of metal with an assload of kinetic energy stored within it, cuz they wouldnt straight nullify each other, more likey they would battle it out

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 05:58 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Best answer: THEY EXPLODE!

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 06:20 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

actually, they would nullify eachother to an extent. if we assume the savage land vibranium is really only vibrating toward the wakandan vibranium, then the wakandan vibranium would be absorbing all of the vibrations of the anti-metal. thus, the anti-metal becomes functionally useless, as its primary effect is being blocked by the wakandan vibranium. however, the wakandan vibranium would still be capable of absorbing other vibrations and impacts, so it wouldn't really be "cancelled out."

basically, the anti-metal doesn't work like it should.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 12:04 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote