KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Asgard in Oklahoma? WTF

Asgard in Oklahoma? WTF
Started by: Priest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Priest

Asgard in Oklahoma? WTF

Straczynski on Thor
http://comics.ign.com/articles/767/767837p1.html
The book apparently come out in spring..what do u guys think?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 09:23 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Read it before and even now I still think "huh?"

I'll give it a shot but I'm skeptical to say the least.

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 09:25 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marvelprince

well, the book is supposed to be "good"
Other than the Oklahoma thing, Im still very excited for Thor's return.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 09:27 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by marvelprince

I'll agree, but if Thor is screwed over in ANY way....

....Well expect JMS to find a stuffed Spider-man head in his bed.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 09:34 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

has anyone else noticed how the Marvel Universe has gone to hell since Thor "died"?

Seriously, the only good thing that has really happened is we finally got rid of the mess Grant Morrison created with those stinking mutants

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 09:55 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I'll wait, read, then decide.

In case JMS has forgotten, the continent of Asgard is nearly equal in size to the United States, not 10 miles by 10 miles. Will part of it sit in another dimension, along with all the entrances to the other worlds?
I have to see this on the page.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 11:19 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

the art will probably be great, considering coipel's ****ing amazing.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 01:02 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: Asgard in Oklahoma? WTF

Originally posted by Priest
Straczynski on Thor
http://comics.ign.com/articles/767/767837p1.html
The book apparently come out in spring..what do u guys think?

I like the idea.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 11:07 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Ok... i really did not know where to say this. But i did some research the world comics and handbooks. It is true that Thor was meant to be more powerful than Hulk (he still is), Thor base strength was greater than Hulk. Thor was initially graded as class 95 compared to Hulk's 90 tons (base strength, it increases as he anger). Many of the big guns were class 90. The only characters that stood above Thor was Hercules and Abomination. Yes, Herc was the strongest (saying this as a Thor fan) until both The Worldbreaker and the God of Thunder was upgraded.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 01:13 PM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by joesha28
Ok... i really did not know where to say this. But i did some research the world comics and handbooks. It is true that Thor was meant to be more powerful than Hulk (he still is), Thor base strength was greater than Hulk. Thor was initially graded as class 95 compared to Hulk's 90 tons (base strength, it increases as he anger). Many of the big guns were class 90. The only characters that stood above Thor was Hercules and Abomination. Yes, Herc was the strongest (saying this as a Thor fan) until both The Worldbreaker and the God of Thunder was upgraded.

Sometimes bios dont mean **** at all.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 01:43 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Alfheim
Sometimes bios dont mean **** at all.

Yes. Read a comic - Thor, Hulk, Hercules and many others in the '100 class' have feats in the thousands, even millions of tons. Whatever. Those classes are only meant to indicate a minimum, not a maximum.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 02:59 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Donkey Punch
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by roughrider
Yes. Read a comic - Thor, Hulk, Hercules and many others in the '100 class' have feats in the thousands, even millions of tons. Whatever. Those classes are only meant to indicate a minimum, not a maximum.

They have propulsion feats at that level, but their lifting feats are usually significantly weaker. There are though exceptions, for example Hercules pulling Manhattan and thor lifting a Skyskraper.

Attachment: thor391-19.jpg
This has been downloaded 109 time(s).

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 03:37 PM
Donkey Punch is currently offline Click here to Send Donkey Punch a Private Message Find more posts by Donkey Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

I loved it when Hercules Pulled manhatten.... that was the most hilarious comic of all time! Where did he get those huge chains!? How do you just "take" manhatten as a hostage?

-_-

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 04:40 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Donkey Punch
They have propulsion feats at that level, but their lifting feats are usually significantly weaker. There are though exceptions, for example Hercules pulling Manhattan and thor lifting a Skyskraper.

Thor's also lifted the Midgard Serpent. A feat a wee bit more impressive than lifting a simple sky scraper.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 04:43 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Disappear
the art will probably be great, considering coipel's ****ing amazing.

yes

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 05:12 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

It seems to me that the Thor stories that took place in Asgard sucked horribly, but, his stories that took place on earth or in other places were awesome.
So, having Asgard on earth should take care of all the crap like the frost giants and trolls that never made any sense and simply have Thor being an Earth/space hero, like he's meant to be.

But, god, those Asgard stories sucked.....

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 06:06 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by long pig
It seems to me that the Thor stories that took place in Asgard sucked horribly, but, his stories that took place on earth or in other places were awesome.
So, having Asgard on earth should take care of all the crap like the frost giants and trolls that never made any sense and simply have Thor being an Earth/space hero, like he's meant to be.

But, god, those Asgard stories sucked.....

What the f**k? blink

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 06:58 AM