KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Inter-team Tournament

Inter-team Tournament
Started by: TricksterPriest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Inter-team Tournament

This idea has been talked about and debated in the Ideal KMC team thread alot, so I'm giving it a thread of it's own.

ideas, judges, anything related to the idea. a draft was being discussed, how would we go about that?

Someone PM Digi, Tron and the other mods. we need mod approval for this one,.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 11:27 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

well teams need to be decided before hand before we make judges and for that matter we need rules

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 11:28 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

You need someone to direct it, organize it, and stay involved throughout the project.

You would need representatives from all teams on KMC

And most importantly you would need interest. I mean two tournaments were just done like a month ago. Plus I know DC and Newjak are planning on running one in the summer.

You dont really need mod approval that I know of just let them know and have them pin it.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 11:31 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Trickster you definetly are the hot headed mongoose. We were still in the midst of planning and you went and opened the thread

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 11:33 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil Lance
DL

I'd be up for judging

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 11:34 PM
Devil Lance is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Lance a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Plus I know DC and Newjak are planning on running one in the summer.

wicked smilesmile

any idea of the parameters? ie, teams, character level ect?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 11:35 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

how about four members frome each team.

Anyone willing to set up guidelines for the tournament

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 11:36 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Let's go with something similar to Evangel's set up.

Herald level: Surfer, Quasar, most cosmics under Thanos.
Team Buster: guys like Hulk, Apoc, Mags, Despero, basically powerhouses under herald level or just edging it.
ESPers: high end telepaths
Bricks: from guys like Blob, to the upper tier like the General.
Street levelers: DP, Shang-Chi, Shen Kuei, etc.

We'll go with a draft of members. each team selects a captain and that captain picks 4 people. If there is an imbalance in the teams, the mods or judges can fix it.

Barred powers: Time manipulation, ALE type powers (at least, ones that can't be countered IE: Omega Effect type shit), magic (too much of a deus ex machina, plus any team that gets LP would murder if he got to use Strange laughing ), and that's all I can think of.

What do you guys think? any ideas or changes?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 11:45 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Four members from each team? How many teams actually still exist?

Royal Family, GLC, Illuminati, Mongooses....and who else?

If I were to say a power level for the tournament I would say Mid Tier level (Namor, Ironman, Storm, ect). Why? The herald level was JUST done (plus E's slugfest was just done as well Trick), and DC/NJ want to do a street level tourney later.

Plus it is soooooooo much simplier to keep it simple. All the power ups for the herald levelers had my head spinning no expression

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 11:47 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

we choose our players for our teams within our threads. deadline?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 11:50 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

So the cap is Namor-level? Ok, I can work with that. 5-6 members better? as for teams, any team that wants in has to declare and send in a captain.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 11:52 PM
tsilamini

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Let's go with something similar to Evangel's set up.

Herald level: Surfer, Quasar, most cosmics under Thanos.
Team Buster: guys like Hulk, Apoc, Mags, Despero, basically powerhouses under herald level or just edging it.
ESPers: high end telepaths
Bricks: from guys like Blob, to the upper tier like the General.
Street levelers: DP, Shang-Chi, Shen Kuei, etc.

I didn't really like that set-up honestly

A couple of reasons personally. The first is that on a team with surfer, magneto, and xavier, shang chi is almost worthless. The last tournament (or what I saw of it) just came down to the surfers and quasars doing massive energy attacks and the low end guys being cannon fodder...

The other is that, most times these tournaments seem to focus on the first moment of the fight. What person is able to do what faster than their opponent and how that single move wins he fight. With super powered characters like that can move at close to light speeds, the debate never goes anywhere. "no, my team wins because this FTL guy does this energy move" " no, my team moves because my FTL guy has marginally faster reflexes than your FTL guy."

It just seems to make things less provable. You can show for sure than one FTL character has better reflexes than the other... I don't know, maybe I'm just insane...

Keeping things limited to lower level characters might help, or using smaller teams... just my 2cents

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 11:56 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

So the cap is Namor-level? Ok, I can work with that. 5-6 members better? as for teams, any team that wants in has to declare and send in a captain.

Too many members.

My suggestion for all this?

Find a director first. THEN decide all the rules and regulations.

But yea I would say something like Namor, Ironman, Storm, (maybe Magneto?) Northstar/Quicksilver level with a three/four man team (each member of the team debating for one of the characters.)

Say three/four characters and three/four members?

Last edited by Blair Wind on Mar 13th, 2007 at 12:07 AM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 12:00 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

4 man teams, capped at Namor/IM/Storm level. Ok. so who wants to run the show?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 12:01 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Blair Wind
You need someone to direct it, organize it, and stay involved throughout the project.

You would need representatives from all teams on KMC

And most importantly you would need interest. I mean two tournaments were just done like a month ago. Plus I know DC and Newjak are planning on running one in the summer.

You dont really need mod approval that I know of just let them know and have them pin it.

thumb up

I can't see this doing great business, but you're welcome to try.

Hell, the partner herald tourney that leo/Kahn won was actually pretty close to this idea....but it wasn't an official "team" thing, there just happened to be some teams involved.

It's a busy time of year, and we just finished 2 tourneys and will be starting another this summer, with dedicated leadership and a plan. So good luck and all, but all I'll do is pin stuff if you do it.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 12:09 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

I think Spunky and some others may have already been involved in discussing this but, I'd love to get the Illuminati and myself involved in this! eek!

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 12:19 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

aw sweet, Our Mongooses Are eager as hell

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 12:23 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Given that no one else is gonna do this, I'll run this show myself. cool

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 12:28 AM
Devil Lance
DL

Given that no one else is gonna do this, I'll run this show myself. cool

Hey can I co run it with you? smile

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 12:32 AM
Devil Lance is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Lance a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Alright, after a brief discussion, Devil Lance and I are going to run this show. thumb up

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 12:39 AM