KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What if Captain America existed in the real world today... ?

What if Captain America existed in the real world today... ?
Started by: Lucid Lui

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

What if Captain America existed in the real world today... ?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 04:07 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

....he'd be dead...

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 04:35 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Martian_mind
....he'd be dead...

true

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 06:35 AM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Marvel is famed for putting heroes in real life scenarios and it's realism. Cap in comics wouldn't be much different from being in the real wold except there would be less masked people around him yes

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 11:03 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

AN JURGENS (Captain America writer-artist, 2000-2002): “I think given our overwhelming cynicism as a country and the prevalence and importance that the late-night comedians and talk shows play on the political process, honest to God, they’d be making fun of Cap up one side and down the other. And it’s because we won’t let politicians be humans anymore. If they make any kind of mistake at all, they’re ripped and torn apart 15 places before the morning paper comes out. Our expectations now are absolutely unrealistic and I don’t think Captain America would play well. Now, by the same token, if you go back to 9/11 and you look at so much of the artwork that was generated around that time, it’s amazing how many of them had Captain America in the shot as part of the tribute and everything. For that brief time, that time after 9/11 when people really were nicer to each other and there was sort of this somber attitude, yeah, the nation would have looked to Cap for hope if he really existed. But we’re a society that is flipping fast just in terms of observing the basic niceties and having any respect for whatever our government is. I don’t think Cap would play very well at all.”

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 11:27 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

apparently cap really did exist, and when he died he left stephen colbert his shield in the will.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 12:58 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Donkey Punch
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the situation would pan out in the same way as the Watchmen did, i.e. a Keen act would eventually be enforced to prevent him from being Heroic.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 02:51 PM
Donkey Punch is currently offline Click here to Send Donkey Punch a Private Message Find more posts by Donkey Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Re: What if Captain America existed in the real world today... ?

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magaz...d/003872379.cfm

Interesting read...
He'd be an infinitely weaker version of Chuck Norris.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 02:57 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wudenko
Restricted

Account Restricted

What Stan Lee said. Critics would bring him down, simply because they dont like he wears costume. Its sad, but true. The world is not open to anything anymore

00 Threads drawed/undecided
Check the debates in my profilewink

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 03:02 PM
Wudenko is currently offline Click here to Send Wudenko a Private Message Find more posts by Wudenko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
invisiblewoman
Invisible Authority

i think he would be president . . .

probably one of the better ones our system has seen

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 03:09 PM
invisiblewoman is currently offline Click here to Send invisiblewoman a Private Message Find more posts by invisiblewoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wudenko
Restricted

Account Restricted

The reason Cap would be made fun of, even through he did great things, was his costume. People would find it funny and see him as a weirdo...

This reminds me of a fun memory from back when i was 14smile My best friend, Harley, was always mocked at school by the tough guys. I didnt wanted problems with them, and if i beated them, they would be more and i would have trouble. Guess you know it. At night, they always sits a special place and smokes. I wanted revenge for my friend. I took on a black mask, like a bankrobber. A black, tight leaderjacket. And black trainingtrousers so i could easily run. I took a letter and wrote: -If you messes with Harley again, you messes with ME! From Mr. Blackslap-. I took a baseballbat, sneaked up on them, and BOOM! ****ing smacked one of them. In shock, the other sprung up, and wanted to fight. I had seen a lot of movies and used advanced swings to knock them out. I leaved the message and runned away. Next day in school, some had heard about it. Of course, they confronted Harley about it. So i did the same again next evening/night. Dont remember...big grin -You should have listened the first time. From Mr. Blackslap-. My friend was never touched again and Mr. Blackslap became a legend on the schoolwink Yes, i was kinda geeky, but my wild fantasy saved my friend from mocking. Mr. Blackslap became a legend instead of made fun off, and that is because of the simply unfancy custome and use of a baseballbat. If i whore Caps clothes, i, Mr. Blackslap, would have been made fun off instead of feared.

Ah, the memorysbig grin

00 Threads drawed/undecided
Check the debates in my profilewink

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 03:18 PM
Wudenko is currently offline Click here to Send Wudenko a Private Message Find more posts by Wudenko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

He'd be interviewed by FOX, and people like Bill O'Reilly would berate him:"Do you hate America? Why don't you agree with the administration? Shut up Shut up SHUT UP!!!" roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Ann Coulter would try to seduce him, only to find out he's against all her (so-called)principles, and she would write vicious stuff about him for her latest trashy book.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 06:38 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Hmm, what would Cap do in real life? I assume that he would have been found from ice the same way...but by the army or something, not Avengers. Well, he can't get forward in real life like he does in Marvel Universe. I'd say he would join the army. Get forward in it's ranks because nobody is better military man then Cap. I see him rising in ranks to the very top or at least near it. U.S. General, easily. Because he would want to effect in America, and he could not do it in the same way as in MU, he would eventually get politics.

And I would see no trouble for him to get in presidential seat. He has SPOTLESS past, he is extremely smart, extremely charismatic, and he would be retartedly popular. And whatever the other canditates could pull, he could trump them with one sentence. "I am Captain America. I fought HITLER."

I mean seriously. What would other presidential canditates have over WWII hero who fought Nazis and was the SYMBOL of America? Nothing.

This is a good example. These soldiers have to choose between listening the orders of Captain America or direct orders from the freaking President. Guess who they choose?
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/9285/cap1zk8.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6246/cap2ob1.jpg

So yeah, if Cap was in the real world, found from the ice the same way he was...without Avengers, or other superheroes...I think he would eventually get to be a president. What's a better way to beat the opposing administration then become the administration himself? Cap doesn't talk, he ACTS.

Oh yeah, and he would ditch the costume. He may be patriotic, but not stupid.

Last edited by DarkCrawler on Mar 16th, 2007 at 06:59 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 06:56 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Hmm, what would Cap do in real life? I assume that he would have been found from ice the same way...but by the army or something, not Avengers. Well, he can't get forward in real life like he does in Marvel Universe. I'd say he would join the army. Get forward in it's ranks because nobody is better military man then Cap. I see him rising in ranks to the very top or at least near it. U.S. General, easily. Because he would want to effect in America, and he could not do it in the same way as in MU, he would eventually get politics.

And I would see no trouble for him to get in presidential seat. He has SPOTLESS past, he is extremely smart, extremely charismatic, and he would be retartedly popular. And whatever the other canditates could pull, he could trump them with one sentence. "I am Captain America. I fought HITLER."

I mean seriously. What would other presidential canditates have over WWII hero who fought Nazis and was the SYMBOL of America? Nothing.

This is a good example. These soldiers have to choose between listening the orders of Captain America or direct orders from the freaking President. Guess who they choose?

So yeah, if Cap was in the real world, found from the ice the same way he was...without Avengers, or other superheroes...I think he would eventually get to be a president. What's a better way to beat the opposing administration then become the administration himself? Cap doesn't talk, he ACTS.

wow, I hadn't thought of it from that angle

I was going to say somthing like "if cap was around today and trying to fight crime the way he does in the comics, he'd be shot within a week"

EDIT: I don't mean assassinated. I mean he is going to bust into some Hell's Angel's clubhouse to bust some drug dealer face and would be shot 18 times by common criminals.

I think the authors are just trying to pump their patriotism through him with their responses though. Only one of them even mentions that what Cap does would be considered frighteningly illegal

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 07:01 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Yeah, I don't even see Cap TRYING to fight crime that way. He'd instead try to rally the people to do something to about it. I mean, in WWII, he didn't just look for Nazis himself, he was ordered to go somewhere and kill them. He's not really vigilante, he's a soldier. That's why I see him trying to change the America legally and politically, do something on large scale.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 07:12 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Wait, what do you mean by 'if'? shifty

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 07:31 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Everyone mentions this presidency, but I think that if he was offered presidency or even General, he would decline. He's not the type to sit in a seat and give orders, he's a hands on man. He'd just continue to be a symbol of America, fighting the good fight. And I would admire him.... alot.

-_-

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 07:49 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by DarkCrawler

Thats because Cap doesn't answer to any politician

Cap answers to no man.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 10:07 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote