KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Back in Black

Back in Black
Started by: Jade Lightning

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jade Lightning

Back in Black

This topic is for the discussion of the Spiderman series, "Back in Black", which premiered yesterday with issue 539 I believe. I haven't read it yet but I did see some images of Peter's counter-attack against the sniper, and all I can say is that they're respect-thread worthy.

I was reading a revew on IGN of the first issue- they gave it a "must read" btw- and I agree when they say that Peter is rarely shown cutting loose with his full potential, but when we do see it, we remember just how powerful the wall-crawler can be.

Anyone read this issue yet?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 08:41 PM
Jade Lightning is currently offline Click here to Send Jade Lightning a Private Message Find more posts by Jade Lightning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

It was an excellent issue, in my opinion.

About time we see Spidey cut loose. And he's just about insane now...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 08:58 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

Sounds interesting.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 09:14 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I read the issue and its pretty good. I dont mind a darker Spidey, at least for a little while. The only problem I have with the issue is this:
(please log in to view the image)
Are we led to believe that his black costume has been on that building all this years, hold together by his webbing? The same webbing that dissolves in an hour?
I would've liked a better explanation where he had the suit, a box in the basement wouldve done fine to me.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Last edited by Darth Vicious on Mar 22nd, 2007 at 10:07 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 09:57 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I read the issue and its pretty good. I dont mind a darker Spidey, at least for a little while. The only problem I have with the issue is this:
Are we led to believe that his black costume has been on that building all this years, hold together by his webbing? The same webbing that dissolves in an hour?
I would've liked a better explanation where he had the suit, a box in the basement wouldve done fine to me.

he can modify the formula to make it last longer.

what really bothered me was that JMS couldn't even get may's maiden name right. Fitzgerald? wtf.

I really hate it when writers can't even get the names right of the characters there about to kill off.

sig by willRules

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 10:26 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

It was a great issue. I wish they would keep him in black.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 10:41 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jade Lightning

I just read the issue myself, and I thought it was awesome. Other than Bendis, JMS if the only writer I can think of to actually show Peter cut completely loose, and I think this is as mad as we're ever going to see him. I loved the raw anger of the issue, and the warehouse fight was handled well, brutal, fast, and to the point- especially the hand-breaking incident.

The final page is a masterpiece, and I genuinely hope Peter keeps his word of "This time, I'm going to kill them." Not that I'm a death mongerer or anything, but I think it would at a lot of depth- more so than there already is for Peter- to have killed someone.

Can't wait for the next issue.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 01:04 AM
Jade Lightning is currently offline Click here to Send Jade Lightning a Private Message Find more posts by Jade Lightning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by Jade Lightning
I just read the issue myself, and I thought it was awesome. Other than Bendis, JMS if the only writer I can think of to actually show Peter cut completely loose, and I think this is as mad as we're ever going to see him. I loved the raw anger of the issue, and the warehouse fight was handled well, brutal, fast, and to the point- especially the hand-breaking incident.

The final page is a masterpiece, and I genuinely hope Peter keeps his word of "This time, I'm going to kill them." Not that I'm a death mongerer or anything, but I think it would at a lot of depth- more so than there already is for Peter- to have killed someone.

Can't wait for the next issue.

he's already killed someone. Some crazy lady threw herself in front of one his punches.

peter is going to confront kingpin and go on this long rant about how pissed he is and then decide at the end on how he's not going to stoop down to his level or do something that may would hate him see him do....then off to a a few more months of RAWR PETER ANGRY.

sig by willRules

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 01:13 AM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Man, I think just having it in his closet saying "I kept this to remind me to never go this far again, but now...I need to." would have sufficed.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 01:27 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Man, I think just having it in his closet saying "I kept this to remind me to never go this far again, but now...I need to." would have sufficed.

Exactly! Im sure he can make his webs durable, but this is ridiculous, specially being outside with the elements for years.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 02:17 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

dammit, want to read it >.<

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 02:29 AM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
What If...

It never really says it's his web in the panel, could be a net :O

I like the dramatics sad

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 04:33 AM
What If... is currently offline Click here to Send What If... a Private Message Find more posts by What If... Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

At first I was afraid this was going to have something to do with the other

Thank god only PAD is crazy enough to do that

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 05:38 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I was actually thinking the exact same thing. I'm sure we'll get an explanation next issue.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 07:20 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

read it, and like you guys said, other then that web thing...

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 08:21 PM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

It looks good, but dark, over-the-edge Spiderman has been done before. Let's hope they take it one step further, this time.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 08:32 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

Originally posted by Dinalfos
It looks good, but dark, over-the-edge Spiderman has been done before. Let's hope they take it one step further, this time.
he looks like he might kil....like, really kill

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 08:44 PM
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

Originally posted by NiņoAraņa
he looks like he might kil....like, really kill

Yeah, that's what they always say. Seeing = believing.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 08:48 PM
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

Originally posted by Dinalfos
Yeah, that's what they always say. Seeing = believing.
well...let's see...

*spoilers i guess* (cus i'm to lazy to type the tag)

1)he thru a minivan/jeep at a building really not caring who was there, just knowing there was someone who hurt may
2)bloodied up some guys...and may have killed one, not sure.
3)webbed up some cop, covering most of his upperbody which=no breathing

*/spoilers*

I'll see if he did any more reckless stuff like that, but he pretty much is disregarding anyone's life who get's in his way

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 08:55 PM
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

Originally posted by NiņoAraņa
well...let's see...

*spoilers i guess* (cus i'm to lazy to type the tag)

1)he thru a minivan/jeep at a building really not caring who was there, just knowing there was someone who hurt may
2)bloodied up some guys...and may have killed one, not sure.
3)webbed up some cop, covering most of his upperbody which=no breathing

*/spoilers*

I'll see if he did any more reckless stuff like that, but he pretty much is disregarding anyone's life who get's in his way

Well, I didn't read the issue, just the scan.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 09:16 PM