KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Pre-retcon Amalgam Brothers discussion

Pre-retcon Amalgam Brothers discussion
Started by: Thanos_THOTU

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Pre-retcon Amalgam Brothers discussion

Instead of spreading it across all vs boards, lets keep it in one place, here.

I am going by the fact that they were stated to be supreme, the two staffs fighting about which were the best.
Thats why the nominated heroes (the brothers choosed a couple of heroes to fight for all reality) and let them fight.
In the end they agreed to be equal "You have done well"

And also going by the fact that they were supreme.

So it's either:

Blue Brother > Presence
Red Brother > The-One-Above-All

or

Blue Brother = Presence
Red Brtoher = The-One-Abve-All

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 10:34 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Pre-retcon Amalgam Brothers discussion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU

I am going by the fact that they were stated to be supreme, the two staffs fighting about which were the best.
Thats why the nominated heroes (the brothers choosed a couple of heroes to fight for all reality) and let them fight.

So it's either:

Blue Brother > Presence

or

Blue Brother = Presence

Interesting

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 11:14 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evolve
KMC Herald

I think that idea stunk, personally. erm

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 11:27 PM
Evolve is currently offline Click here to Send Evolve a Private Message Find more posts by Evolve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

The Brothers weren't omnipotent, because they had trouble fighting each other, they weren't omniscient (or else they would already know the outcome of every fight before they set it up), etc.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 12:32 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Endless Mike
The Brothers weren't omnipotent, because they had trouble fighting each other, they weren't omniscient (or else they would already know the outcome of every fight before they set it up), etc.

That was the problem, it was a paradox, two omnipotent beings fighting eachother, no one could win nor lose.
Omniscient, no, since the realities just connected there were many things that they didnt know about.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 01:09 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

So it's either:

Blue Brother > Presence

or

Blue Brother = Presence
Funny... because based on your logic, LT and Spectre can fuse two people who made them, and made their every powers.

But no, awesome logic I must say.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Apr 2nd, 2007 at 01:34 AM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 01:24 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

That was the problem, it was a paradox, two omnipotent beings fighting eachother, no one could win nor lose.
Omniscient, no, since the realities just connected there were many things that they didnt know about.

No, the fact that neither of them were capable of defeating the other, means that neither of them were omnipotent.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 01:39 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
Funny... because based on your logic, LT and Spectre can fuse two people who made them, and made their every powers.

But no, awesome logic I must say.
Again, once the Brothers were merged, did you see them trying to separate themselves?

I didn't. no

There has been certain people saying the Brothers were "owned".

The fact is, they were not.

The Brothers never resisted being merged by Spectre and LT, and once they were merged, the Brothers never attempted to separate themselves.

This event was far from ownage, and wouldn't lead me to think Spectre or LT were in any way more powerful then the Brothers.

The fact of the matter is, LT and Spectre were AWED by the power of the Brothers.

"Power is unleashed that none have ever witnessed....."
"And The Spectre and The Living Tribunal are Awed":
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

As for this thread, do I believe the Bros were meant to be supreme? yes

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 2nd, 2007 at 02:18 PM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 02:12 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

No, the fact that neither of them were capable of defeating the other, means that neither of them were omnipotent.
Question?

What happens when two truly Omnipotent beings fight each other?

Exactly.

They stalemate. smile

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 02:15 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Dang Galant you beat me to it, however there is one scan you missed.

(please log in to view the image)

Spectre (Logos) and the Living Tribunal couldent affect the Brothers. Even though they tried to get their attention, they were beneath their notecing.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 03:08 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Galan007
Again, once the Brothers were merged, did you see them trying to separate themselves?

I didn't. no

The Brothers never resisted being merged by Spectre and LT, and once they were merged, the Brothers never attempted to separate themselves.

This event was far from ownage, and wouldn't lead me to think Spectre or LT were in any way more powerful then the Brothers.

The fact of the matter is, LT and Spectre were AWED by the power of the Brothers.

i agree. smile

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 04:13 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Re: Pre-retcon Amalgam Brothers discussion

Originally posted by guy222
Interesting

I will admit to this before this turns into an all out war between Marvel and DC. Post means Before. Pre Brothers were awesome. Post Brothers work for LT. Nuff said

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 04:57 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Question?

What happens when two truly Omnipotent beings fight each other?

Exactly.

They stalemate. smile

No, nothing happens, because it's impossible to have more than one truly omnipotent being. If it is stated that there are more than one, then at least one of them is not omnipotent.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 03:15 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

I didn't. no

I never said anything about the other things.

You really think that Spectre and LT could fuse the Gods of their universes?

Also...
"The brothers are not happy about it."

It seems that Spectre and LT are actaully fighting against a force to do this...

Look, I don't give a shit if Spectre, or LT were mere pissants to the Brothers.
Fact is, they held them together, and I know for damn sure, Spectre, and LT together aren't doing that to the Gods of their respective universes.

So, unless Spectre, and LT could do that to Jeebus, or God, that kind of rules them out, of being God.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 04:30 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

No, nothing happens, because it's impossible to have more than one truly omnipotent being. If it is stated that there are more than one, then at least one of them is not omnipotent.

It was stated that they couldent exist with their lack of uniqeness.
They couldent exist together in harmony, the balance tiltet.

Every being is uniqe, since they consist of different atoms, they are different indivudual's and so forth. Now these beings were exactly the same, they were light, darkness, emotions, senses, all energy and matter the universes consisted of.

But the one can not kill the other without the other willing so, so it ended up in a stalemate.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 01:09 PM
BaptizedAtheist
Restricted

Account Restricted

If TOAA and Presence was above Amalglam brothers... they would interfere. WHich they didn't. They are intelligent beings, they wouldn't want to be fused together

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 01:12 PM
BaptizedAtheist is currently offline Click here to Send BaptizedAtheist a Private Message Find more posts by BaptizedAtheist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I never said anything about the other things.

You really think that Spectre and LT could fuse the Gods of their universes?

Also...
"The brothers are not happy about it."

It seems that Spectre and LT are actaully fighting against a force to do this...

Fact is, they held them together, and I know for damn sure, Spectre, and LT together aren't doing that to the Gods of their respective universes.

So, unless Spectre, and LT could do that to Jeebus, or God, that kind of rules them out, of being God.

They didnt notice it, at least not on panel until they broke free.
In fact they even thought they merged together by own will.

"The Brothers are setting the contest their own way...

And you're forgetting, they were supreme.

And even thoguh Spectre and the Living Tribunal fought they they were beneath their notecing. Less than flies.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 01:16 PM
starlock
Team Authority

This is just a view of mine not set in stone, but i like this thread and thought i would participate

I think they could be greater than TOAA and the Presence
Issue #2 marvel vs DC has some interesting info

i would say they are like the parents of TOAA and the Presence

i am at work and will try and put more input at times

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 02:13 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Fact is,

The Brothers never fought being merged in the first place. erm

Just because the Bros weren't happy about it, does not mean they fought the merger.

Now if they had fought the merger and failed, (which they didn't), then I could see people trying to bring more light to the scans you posted.

However, those scans are really meaningless if we are trying to compare the Brothers to LT/Spectre.

Now the scan(s) I posted........ You know, the ones that say LT and Spectre were AWED by the power of the Brothers, is most certainly one worth mentioning. smile

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 02:49 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This makes no sense.

Are you trying to say that one company (Marvel or DC), can have a truly omnipotent being, and the other company can not? no expression

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 02:55 PM