KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » This is potentiall the best comic ever?

This is potentiall the best comic ever?
Started by: Board Walker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Board Walker

This is potentiall the best comic ever?

Imagine with me if their was a 50 issue (cannon) comic arc done by these writers.

1. Hudlin,
2. McDuffie,
3. Quesada,
4. Loeb, and
5. Grant Morrison.

Now they are given permission to use any characters they want for their grand comic arc (marvel and DC both allow this), everything they do in those comics will be cannon and will never be retconned.

Who do you think they would use? What battles would take place? How would Marvel and DC be after?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 02:09 AM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 02:10 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

How is this a dead horse? This is a serious question on a theoretical comic of Marvel and DC crossing over.

I wanted to here ideas on who they would decide would fight, how the fight would go, and who would win.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 02:35 AM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

meh, I thought it would be worth a read, especially if they were able to combine the events and story of DC's WW3 and Marvels current post civil war arc.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 05:32 PM
Citizen V.

Crap writers no expression

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 05:34 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Can anyone imagine Loeb and Morrison working together on Superman?

Seriously though, I think Neil Gaiman would be good to throw in there as well.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 05:36 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Can anyone imagine Loeb and Morrison working together on Superman?

No.

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 05:51 PM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

If it can't be retconned then virtually nothing exciting or important would happen sad

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 05:57 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Originally posted by willRules
If it can't be retconned then virtually nothing exciting or important would happen sad

what if DC and Marvel gave them permission to do anything they freely felt was true to the characters; so they have freedom to write.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 06:38 PM
Board Walker

Lets throw in Chuck Austen, and Neil Gaiman.

DC and Marvel gives all of the writters I have listed to do an epic story which readers would remember forever, and most importantly it would bring them in the biggest profit ever in both companies histories.

Their jobs and lives depend on this project, which characters do they use? What story do they form?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 06:48 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

They form a new company and and overshadow them both.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 06:49 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Originally posted by Juntai
They form a new company and and overshadow them both.

Ha, Image would still be the no.1 publisher quality wise. big grin

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 06:50 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Best series ever (my Bible) DC vs Marvel #1 and Marvel vs DC #2-4.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 08:58 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: This is potentiall the best comic ever?

Originally posted by Board Walker
Imagine with me if their was a 50 issue (cannon) comic arc done by these writers.

1. Hudlin,
2. McDuffie,
3. Quesada,
4. Loeb, and
5. Grant Morrison.

Now they are given permission to use any characters they want for their grand comic arc (marvel and DC both allow this), everything they do in those comics will be cannon and will never be retconned.

Who do you think they would use? What battles would take place? How would Marvel and DC be after?

I don't know what I find more annoying - your avatar & signature, or your thread ideas.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 09:46 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Re: Re: This is potentiall the best comic ever?

Originally posted by roughrider
I don't know what I find more annoying - your avatar & signature, or your thread ideas.

I enjoy both

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 09:51 PM
Citizen V.

Re: Re: This is potentiall the best comic ever?

Originally posted by roughrider

TeH lOlZ!1!1! BoArD WaLkEr PwNzErD!11111!!!

erm

Sorry, it's just odd to see roughrider being so malicous.

****ing A!

OT=Your "best comic ever" would probably be closer to the "worst comic ever".

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 09:54 PM
Board Walker

Re: Re: Re: This is potentiall the best comic ever?

Originally posted by CasanoVa
TeH lOlZ!1!1! BoArD WaLkEr PwNzErD!11111!!!

erm

Sorry, it's just odd to see roughrider being so malicous.

****ing A!

OT=Your "best comic ever" would probably be closer to the "worst comic ever".

It likely would have one of the highest sales in comic history.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 09:55 PM
Citizen V.

Re: Re: Re: Re: This is potentiall the best comic ever?

It likely would have one of the highest sales in comic history.

I think not erm.

It would sell worse than 52 (because unlike this, 52 actually had a good team behind it).

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 09:58 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Their lives depend on this project...

What the f**k?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 09:59 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This is potentiall the best comic ever?

Originally posted by CasanoVa
I think not erm.

It would sell worse than 52 (because unlike this, 52 actually had a good team behind it).

Yes but I stated Marvel and Dc gave them the freedom to do anything they wanted with any character.

All they would need to do is announce big name characters, and big changes, people would buy it just to see what would happen to their favorite characters; either out of joy or fear, they both would generate massive profit.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 10:01 PM