KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Wolverine

Wolverine
Started by: Soljer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (56): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soljer
Beware my Power

Wolverine

Anyone keeping up with the latest in the Wolverine run?

Apparently, he isn't human. He isn't homo superior...

He's Lupus Superior. The way humans and apes share a common ancestor, Logan and Wolves share a common ancestor. As does Sabretooth, Wild Child, and all the other pseudo-Wolverine-Characters.

Interesting....

Not to mention the fact that Logan was, apparently, alive in ancient Rome.

Interesting...

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 07:41 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Crap.

erm

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 07:42 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

So now we have a time when Wolverine was:

An anthropomorphic wolverine
A man in a kitty suit with claws on his gloves

And now a mutant

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 07:50 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Re: Wolverine

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Soljer

Interesting...

Not really.

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 07:52 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

I call bullshit on that. What the hell was origin about? Are they completely ignoring that?

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 07:53 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

The point of the story wasn't that Wolverine is part of the lupus-sapien evolutionary strand, it was that mutants in general are... At least that is Black Panthers theory on the matter.

Homo sapiens = man
Lupus sapiens = mutants

The Rome thing isn't that much of a shocker. Wolverine has had at least four previous lives... one of which implied he was being reincarnated since Biblical times to combat Ba'al.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 08:01 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

were they even implying Sasquatch is a Lupus?

and Thornn and Feral were shown as depowered so why were they in the rag tag animal zoo group?

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 08:04 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by King_Mungi
were they even implying Sasquatch is a Lupus?

and Thornn and Feral were shown as depowered.

All mutants are Lupus superior and I imagine that there would be Lupus sapiens who have dormant or x gene or lack one all together... but I think the only reason Sasq was there is because he has Alpha Flight/Wildchild connections.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 08:08 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
All mutants are Lupus superior and I imagine that there would be Lupus sapiens who have dormant or x gene or lack one all together... but I think the only reason Sasq was there is because he has Alpha Flight/Wildchild connections.

I meant Thornn and Feral were shown earlier as depowered and were actual humans, but now their back to being furry

We shall see as in vol.1 it hinted that Sasquatch was WC father.

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 08:36 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

This is bullshit , they tried it in earth x and it failed.

Must they **** up wolverines history even MORE !

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 08:37 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

The point of the story wasn't that Wolverine is part of the lupus-sapien evolutionary strand, it was that mutants in general are... At least that is Black Panthers theory on the matter.

Homo sapiens = man
Lupus sapiens = mutants

The Rome thing isn't that much of a shocker. Wolverine has had at least four previous lives... one of which implied he was being reincarnated since Biblical times to combat Ba'al.

Meh, it seemed as if they were saying that the Lupines were simply the mutants with a wolf-like mutation. To think that ALL mutants were lupus sapien? erm.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 08:41 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by grey fox
This is bullshit , they tried it in earth x and it failed.

Must they **** up wolverines history even MORE !

Well....yes.

That's what the character is for. A ****ed up history....

stick out tongue.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 08:42 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by King_Mungi
I meant Thornn and Feral were shown earlier as depowered and were actual humans, but now their back to being furry

We shall see as in vol.1 it hinted that Sasquatch was WC father.

Loeb doesn't care about continuity, it just gets in the way of his brilliant ideas. sad

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 08:43 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Loeb doesn't care about continuity, it just gets in the way of his brilliant ideas. sad

Loeb needs a friggin slap

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 08:50 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Re: Re: Wolverine

Originally posted by Validus
Not really.

LOL Loeb.

sig by willRules

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 08:55 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Wolverine

Originally posted by Soljer
Anyone keeping up with the latest in the Wolverine run?

Apparently, he isn't human. He isn't homo superior...

He's Lupus Superior. The way humans and apes share a common ancestor, Logan and Wolves share a common ancestor. As does Sabretooth, Wild Child, and all the other pseudo-Wolverine-Characters.

Interesting....

Not to mention the fact that Logan was, apparently, alive in ancient Rome.

Interesting...

Its a good series

thank u bz

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 09:31 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Re: Re: Wolverine

Originally posted by guy222
Its a good series

Its a series... so you're half right. wink

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 09:35 PM
-K-M-

Well I'm glad he brought back Wild Child back and not bald, so props for that. Everything else...blargh!

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 09:37 PM
jasofisc

hahahahah best observation about loeb I've seen yet

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 09:40 PM
jasofisc is currently offline Click here to Send jasofisc a Private Message Find more posts by jasofisc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

hell I am kinda glad there doing this. The story was cool so far and a lot of actaion.

origins made no senses any ways and controdicted many many past idea's and such. Logan was always ment to be far older then a 100. Logans other origins go to gather in a sense, but origins does not fallow any of his other origins and was simply crap

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 09:42 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote