KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Should Marvel forget about Sentry and just work on Hyperion or Gladiator ?

Should Marvel forget about Sentry and just work on Hyperion or Gladiator ?
Started by: the Darkone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
the Darkone

Question Should Marvel forget about Sentry and just work on Hyperion or Gladiator ?

Should Marvel forget about the Sentry and work on Hyperion or Gladiator to become there Man of Steal?

Hyperion and Gladiator have great potentail to beoceme the Superman of Marvel, what do you guys think?

Old Post May 7th, 2007 10:02 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's spelled steel.

The only decent Hyperion was the one in exiles.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 7th, 2007 10:12 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mobra
Harold of Galactus

I have a friend who loves Sentry like a fat kid loves cake, with that said I could care less about the Sentry.

But no one is going to give any sort of damn about Gladiator or Hyperion on the large scale.

Old Post May 7th, 2007 11:08 PM
Mobra is currently offline Click here to Send Mobra a Private Message Find more posts by Mobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

yes, Sentry is just a wet dream of Joe Q

Old Post May 7th, 2007 11:28 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Redatom65
yes, Sentry is just a wet dream of Joe Q

Nah, thats Superman.

Gladiator has potential. Hyperion sucks worse than Sentry though.

Old Post May 7th, 2007 11:38 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Gladiator is more interesting than Hyperion, I think, but there's no way anybody can take a purple alien with a mohawk seriously. Sentry's been good so far, and I think they should build on it. They just need to make sure they don't tread the ground that they have before, where they just try "forcing coolness" on the audience. They've started out strong enough that he has the attention...now they need to start giving him some character development and be patient. Don't just make him come to save the day in every situation, but possibly give him something to do when Hulk comes back.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 12:38 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

there is hope for galdiator, he's the only one of the three who's history hasnt been explained in detail there is a lot of room for writers to go crazy and come up with anything... and we'll totally believe it. like the way marvel has been jerking with the idea that he could have once been a herald to the G man. which would imply that he is so f ****ing powerful he didnt need a cosmic makeover like all the others did. plus now that gabriel is the ruler of the shiar empire and he's pure f ****ing evil... but calculating evil tho, not the regualr old, lets destroy the universe and remake it in my image, and the fact that glads is so " unflappingly loyal" as marvel letw to tag him im sure vulcan is gonna have him doing all manner of cool evil stuff that's gonna out him back on the map.

plus i like that fact that they usually use PIS to keep him in check(unknown radiation) rather than bullshit like in the case of hyperion "heroes dont kill" and "there has to be another way" and "lets' rehabilitate a bad guy and if he seems sincere let him join our super team". or in the case of the sentry who is the most powerful meta human on earth, instead of having him be unapologetic about his might, he has to have a super weak psyche(his kryptonite) and an evil darkside he has to keep repressed for if he cuts loose here comes the void again. plus the unknown radiation thing forever trips me out cuz i fail to understand how a guy who can fly unaided in space where there is all sorts of radiation would ever be allergic to it in any form

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Last edited by manjaro on May 8th, 2007 at 03:50 AM

Old Post May 8th, 2007 03:43 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Sentry is less of a copy than the other two - because he's more like Miracleman.
And all the Hyperion's I find more interesting than Gladiator, who was originally conceived as an in-joke.

Anyway, Thor's coming back - that's what I care about!

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 8th, 2007 04:08 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
outavodka
Il Cut You B!tch!!!!

Originally posted by roughrider

i second that, and also im more of an Ikaris fan that Hyperion/Gladiator

Drivin a fast car listening to Deftones baby. Cred to Rewmac for this sick sig!

Old Post May 8th, 2007 05:05 AM
outavodka is currently offline Click here to Send outavodka a Private Message Find more posts by outavodka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by roughrider
Sentry is less of a copy than the other two - because he's more like Miracleman.
And all the Hyperion's I find more interesting than Gladiator, who was originally conceived as an in-joke.

That is an INSULT to Miracleman.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 05:54 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I forget. Was it Kid Miracleman, or regular Miracleman who butchered London? confused

Old Post May 8th, 2007 06:04 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

Nah Marvel should stay with Sentry but I would like to see them give Gladiator alot more shine. But like Roughrider said I'm ready for THOR to return. A pissed off Thor and Hulk nuff said.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 06:05 AM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

hyperion as he appeared in supreme power/squadron supreme, tucked away safely in a non-616 universe, was the most interesting incarnation in my book. i haven't been following the ultimate power story, so i don't know what's happened there, but the skew of a superman character being taught morality, then having that abused and used against him by the same people who taught him [and his myriad reactions] is the best take on the "superman" character i've seen thus far.

gladiator's job seems to be jobbing. i haven't been interested in kallark in years, especially when the captain universe stuff was coming out. bleh.

sentry can drop off the map or become an a-list hero for all i care. i dont read much crap with him in it, anyway.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 06:35 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Not at all sentry the man

Old Post May 8th, 2007 07:10 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Fake Macoy
Lousy Imitation

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I forget. Was it Kid Miracleman, or regular Miracleman who butchered London? confused

Kid butchered London, Miracleman and team finally stopped him.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 01:02 PM
The Fake Macoy is currently offline Click here to Send The Fake Macoy a Private Message Find more posts by The Fake Macoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

I would like to see more of Gladiator, hes always interested me as a character but he at the moment is a glorified jobber.

They wheel out Glads to get his ass beat by the Hero to show what a bad ass the hero is.

That seems to be his job, which saddens me!

Old Post May 8th, 2007 01:52 PM
Hercules is currently offline Click here to Send Hercules a Private Message Find more posts by Hercules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

No.

Hyperion's fine over in MAX (well he should be back there).

Gladiator, well he doesn't leave the X books often, which are pretty much a universe onto themselves.

Sentry pwns both of them, you better learn to love him 'cause I doubt Paul Jenkins and Joey to let him go anywhere anytime soon.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 02:09 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by CasanoVa
Sentry pwns both of them, you better learn to love him 'cause I doubt Paul Jenkins and Joey to let him go anywhere anytime soon.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 03:17 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

DC has more then one Superman type why not Marvel. Sentry should stay his writters should go.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post May 8th, 2007 05:17 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by CasanoVa

Old Post May 8th, 2007 05:58 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote