KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » University of Chicago Scavenger Hunt

University of Chicago Scavenger Hunt
Started by: Disappear

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Disappear

University of Chicago Scavenger Hunt

item number seven on this year's University of Chicago Scavenger Hunt is:

a canon chronicle of the one superhero who boasts victories over a herald of galactus, a weapon x anti-hero, a titanian eternal and the only supervillian with diplomatic immunity. [10 points]

firelord, wolverine, genis-vell (?) and doctor doom. that's spider-man, yes?

i don't know how recently this list came out, to be honest, so i don't think black panther's applicable. he sort of won against surfer, he's fought wolverine [enemy of the state II arc, i believe. did he win?] and recently went up against doom's army of doombots. did he ever fight an eternal?

Last edited by Disappear on May 13th, 2007 at 08:39 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:37 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

When has Spider-Man defeated Dr. Doom or Gennis? What the f**k?

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:38 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

-Firelord, yeah (both issues are in the spidey respect thread).

-Has he actually beaten Wolverine?

-Titantian Eternal? Isn't Genis Kree or somesuch? I think it's referring to Thanos, or someone else from his home-moon of Titan.

- Yes, he's defeated Doom. Very early in ASM. Doom escaped, but it was a clear victory for Pete.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:41 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

doom's the only villain i could think of with diplomatic immunity. don't know if they've ever fought, or if spidey ever won. that's part of the nature of the game, though. figuring out who it is.

pete left wolverine webbed up in that alley once. i presume that counts as a win. and genis is half-kree, half-eternal, i believe. don't know if they've ever fought

Last edited by Disappear on May 13th, 2007 at 08:44 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:41 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
- Yes, he's defeated Doom. Very early in ASM. Doom escaped, but it was a clear victory for Pete.

Also, you could use the scan of Spidey throwing Logan out of the "unbreakable" glass of Avengers Tower.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:43 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

It's Squirrel Girl, I think.

She busted up Deadpool, Dr. Doom, Thanos, and I'm sure there's a herald in there somewhere.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:44 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
It's Squirrel Girl, I think.

She busted up Deadpool, Dr. Doom, Thanos, and I'm sure there's a herald in there somewhere.

Already thought of that, but the herald is the kicker.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:45 PM
Disappear

terrax, didn't she?

Digi
Forum Leader

!!!

Wait,.

It IS Squirrel Girl.

She's beaten Terrax.

cool

Soljer
Beware my Power

Definitely squirrel girl.

As Spunky said, Doom's the villain with diplomatic immunity, Thanos is a titanian eternal, Deadpool is a weapon X anti-hero, Terrax is a herald of galactus.

Besides, Spiderman is too popular and obvious for a scavenger hunt. Squirrel girl is more of a challenge, unless you're a comic fan.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:46 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Canon though?

Terrax and Thanos came from a GLX Christmas Annual that was dubious (at best)in terms of canon.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:47 PM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by DigiMark007

Doombot shifty

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:47 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Anyway, they're all in my respect thread for her. So to me! Now, if I were going to do this scavenger hunt, I'd totally just delete the thread.

evil face

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:50 PM
Disappear

i think you just need a comic book that features squirrel girl. the list of defeated villains was just to widdle down which character it needed to feature.

i'm not doing this scavenger hunt, either. but i saw a link to the list on qwantz and started reading. that site is ever-useful, eh digi?

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:53 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Disappear
i think you just need a comic book that features squirrel girl. the list of defeated villains was just to widdle down which character it needed to feature.

i'm not doing this scavenger hunt, either. but i saw a link to the list on qwantz and started reading. that site is ever-useful, eh digi?

Always.

cool

Also, it would be hella-hard to figure that out if you're not a hardcore comic geek. I like that they included it.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:51 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

About 2-3 months ago, I never would have figured it out. Now, I figured it out from the first post. stick out tongue Viva la comic books.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 11:11 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote