KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Captain America 26 Review & Spoilers

Captain America 26 Review & Spoilers
Started by: Mugs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mugs

Captain America 26 Review & Spoilers

Hey everyone got my subscription early in the mail today so I figured I'd write up a little review. Spoilers obviously.

Awesome issue! Focuses mostly on Falcon, Sharon and to a lesser extent Bucky. Rick Jones, Dugan, Patriot & Hawkeye the Thing, the new avengers, Stark, wonderman & ms marvel put in appearances as well.

Starts with the previews that have been released with Cap's dead body & Sharon slappy Tony and quitting SHIELD.

Arim Zola is trying to reverse engineer the time devince that Dr. Doom gave to the Skull. As Zola puts it time itself will be open to them.

Falcon leaves the wake early because he feels uncomfortable with all the pro reg people there, he goes to join the new avengers, patriot, and hawkeye who are having a secret wake for Cap.

Cage is slightly annoyed that the Falcon registered. Sam says that he's on Luke's side but he wasn't going to let Steve be buired alone, and that he asked for Harlem and for Stark to leave him alone.

Spidey says that shield had cap in strengh dapeners, which might explain why the shots actually killed him.

Bucky is at a bar watching the funeral when someone calls Cap a traitor, Bucky goes nuts and beats up the entire bar then decides he's going to kill Tony Stark.

Old Post May 21st, 2007 07:33 PM
Mugs is currently offline Click here to Send Mugs a Private Message Find more posts by Mugs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

one questions? why would strength dapeners matter lol. They have to due with strength. Not to mention capt got shot like 7 times of course he should have died lol

Old Post May 21st, 2007 07:40 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Is this for real. I though Cap#25 was the final issue. Unless of course, as I thought Steve Rogers and perhaps Toby Stark faked his own death.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 21st, 2007 07:46 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mugs

Well take it as you will I figured it was kinda odd that he'd die from that. He was shot once in the shoulder and three times in the stomach. He's been hurt much worse than that in the past and been fine, hell regular humans like the Punisher have taken more than that and not died.

Old Post May 21st, 2007 07:50 PM
Mugs is currently offline Click here to Send Mugs a Private Message Find more posts by Mugs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mugs

Bucky is at a bar watching the funeral when someone calls Cap a traitor, Bucky goes nuts and beats up the entire bar then decides he's going to kill Tony Stark.

Now THIS , is why Bucky is revived. Not for some angsty 'I'm a russian spy' BS but as Caps protege and legacy.

"Go kick starks ass Buck"

Old Post May 21st, 2007 08:04 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by capt it up
one questions? why would strength dapeners matter lol. They have to due with strength. Not to mention capt got shot like 7 times of course he should have died lol

Cap was shot 3 times in the gut no expression

A normal human could probably survive that.

To have Captain America, the peak of human perfection be killed that easily would be crap. So it makes sense

Old Post May 21st, 2007 08:05 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by grey fox
Now THIS , is why Bucky is revived. Not for some angsty 'I'm a russian spy' BS but as Caps protege and legacy.

"Go kick starks ass Buck"

I liked the Winter Soldier arc sad

But, I don't think Bucky will actually kill Tony. Rather he'll kick the sh*t out of him and see that Tony actually feels responsible for the death of his friend.

Old Post May 21st, 2007 08:07 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Death doesn't always follow human logics. Even the strongest and most healthy person can suddenly die from stuff he should "logically" just shrug off.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 21st, 2007 08:36 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Grimm22

To have Captain America, the peak of human perfection be killed that easily would be crap. So it makes sense

not a all it called a strength danpener......that takesd away strength nothing elese.

Not to mention a normal human survivng three shots to the stomack is due to them being very lucky.

Capt a peak human that mean pritty much nothing when you get shot. sure he does not get damage quite as easily, but a bullet would and did kill him. If a bullet hits vital areas which they did then he can't survive. His healing not good enough to cope with three bullets close range hitting vital area's. Not to mention he took one through the throat by the sniper.

I am sorry, but beign a peak human not going to allow you to survive such an assualt unless your lucky which frankly he was not.

I am sorry that you think capt dieing to bullets is crap since well capt not bullet prove nor is his healing nearly as advance to pull him through such an assualt.

Old Post May 21st, 2007 11:58 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Is this for real. I though Cap#25 was the final issue. Unless of course, as I thought Steve Rogers and perhaps Toby Stark faked his own death.

Tony. Ur silly

thank u bz

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 12:02 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

A bullet wound the the stomach is very deadly, there is little that can be done to treat it... and if a bullet hits the liver, you are pretty ****ed.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 12:12 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
A bullet wound the the stomach is very deadly, there is little that can be done to treat it... and if a bullet hits the liver, you are pretty ****ed.

yup, but capt has peak-human liver power and heals....slightly faster then a normal human confused

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 12:19 AM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

If he can wound Onslaught, then he should be able to take 3 shots in the gut damnit xD

How long would it have taken to get elixir on the scene and helped him? There are tons of ways Cap could've survived that.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 07:07 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

not a all it called a strength danpener......that takesd away strength nothing elese.

Not to mention a normal human survivng three shots to the stomack is due to them being very lucky.

Capt a peak human that mean pritty much nothing when you get shot. sure he does not get damage quite as easily, but a bullet would and did kill him. If a bullet hits vital areas which they did then he can't survive. His healing not good enough to cope with three bullets close range hitting vital area's. Not to mention he took one through the throat by the sniper.

I am sorry, but beign a peak human not going to allow you to survive such an assualt unless your lucky which frankly he was not.

I am sorry that you think capt dieing to bullets is crap since well capt not bullet prove nor is his healing nearly as advance to pull him through such an assualt.

Cap's Willpower alone would allow him to survive three shots to the gut no expression

With his biology, it's not even a question on whether he would survive it or not

yup, but capt has peak-human liver power and heals....slightly faster then a normal human confused

I don't know about you but I can't heal my internal organs

Last edited by Grimm22 on May 22nd, 2007 at 01:31 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 01:29 PM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by srankmissingnin

True erm

If your intestines get punctured you are pretty much f*cked

The acid will destroy the rest of your organs

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 01:29 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I don't know about you but I can't heal my internal organs

Then you're really really f*cked. In fact if you're over the age of 9 you should be dead.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 01:38 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01

Nope the writers have said numerous times that Cap's ongoing will continue, just without Captain America. They said expect many more issues to be on Sharon, Falcon and Bucky. They also hinted at the possibility of a Cap in the future (Hawkeye? IMO) but they said it is a long, long way away yet yes

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 02:16 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote