KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Wonder Woman Is Ruined!

Wonder Woman Is Ruined!
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Wonder Woman Is Ruined!

I just read the craptacular piece of garbage called Amazons Attack....

WW is ruined. I mean RUINED. I have never witnessed such a massive destruction of a character's continuity:

(Someone was kind enough to point everything that went wrong in this spectacular failure of a comic book)

Amazons Attack: What Went Wrong?
- That Nothing Went Right -

Continuity issues
-Circe has tried to kill the Amazons on a regular basis. Why would she assume that the gods protecting the Amazons would give her passage to Themiscyra?
- Monarchy abolished and Artemis and Phillipus are supposed to be elected rulers
- The Bana retconned as never having joined the Themiscyrans, even though Artemis, a Bana, was shown amongst them

In-Story Continuity issues
- Everyman/Sgt Steel says America is after Amazon technology, but later, Amazons are said to have none
- Internment Camps created in an extremely short time, and a bad idea aside
-At the begining of the story, at the end of both the first issue of Amazons Attack and Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman meets her mother. They are in talking distance. When the story picks up in the next issue, they apparently never met.

Character issues
- Wonder Girl and Supergirl attack Air Force One
- Granny Goodness powerful enough to defeat the Olympian gods
- Granny Goodness powerful enough to wipe the minds of the whole Amazonian race
- Amazons killing men, women, children without remorse
- Amazons who feel guilty don't challenge Hippolyta's orders
- Hippolyta, former member of the JSA, spouting villainous speeches
- Hippolyta's motives changed from saving her daughter to stopping America to just killing
- Amazons trusting Circe, who was their nemesis for centuries
- Nemesis acting like a spoiled teenager
- The Bana
-Superman's senses are good enough to hear Air Force One as it starts to crash, from another state, and fast enough to get there in seconds. However he is unable to hear a group of soldiers sneaking up on him, and too slow to prevent them from shooting a group of Amazons he was talking to.

Stortelling issues
- Contradictions between AA and WW titles
- Twists (Circe and Bana revealed) with served no purpose to the story
- American military abandoning Washington DC
- Superheroes confined to clean-up detail instead of attacking the Amazons
- Arrows shooting down jet pilots
- Wonder Woman playing a miniscule role throughtout the entire story
- Washington DC attacked for shock value
- Amazonian secret weapon built up and revealed as Bees. One casualty, and Bees defeated in one panel.
- Upon finding out that a high tech bomb had gone off, because "someone was taking opportunity of the chaos started by the Amazons," Wonder Woman knows it must be the Bana. There are no shortage of terrorist organizations in the DCU that would be just as good suspects, if not better ones.
- The big threat of the Bees are that their poison kills in hours.
- WW says she'll save Nemesis in one issue, but says saving him will delay things in another
- Using Circe once again so soon
- Superman not fast enough to save Grace from the Bana
- Batman overriding a sorceress as powerful as Circe where Zatanna failed
- Batman not even handcuffing Circe, but instead, leaving her knocked out on the floor
- Athena's final speech means nothing with the Granny reveal
- If Granny is that powerful, why can't she mindwipe Diana, Grace, or all of America?
- If Granny is that powerful, why not use the Amazons as her personal army?
- Bringing back the Amazons from IC, just to get rid of them again
- No resolution to the story; another lead-in to another story
- Diana shocked at hearing Nemesis say 'Diana' when Wonder Woman's name was well known
- Nemesis mind-wiped to forget Diana's identity

Creator issues
- canceling Rucka's initial planned out story that was being built up, and rehashing it with editorial decisions
- Pfeiffer said Mind-control was too easy and lazy a solution, and yet that was basically Hippolyta's problem
- Pfeiffer using Granny/Athena's speech to make his view on war known
- Had low sales for an event, and lowered sales of titles that it crossed over to

Extenuating issues with WW/AA
- Destroyed Rucka's well conceived Wonder Woman direction
- Turned WW from an Ambassador into someone who can't use simple things in life
- Destroyed all of WW's secondary cast

*Sigh*

Not even Gail Simone can fix this mess.

I may be done reading DC comics for awhile.

Damn you, Will Pfiefer!!

Wrathful Dwarf was right....

sad

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 06:07 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Oh dear.... no expression
I'm sure they'll be able to retcon it all...blame it on a reality warper.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 06:10 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Oh dear.... no expression
I'm sure they'll be able to retcon it all...blame it on a reality warper.

I'm super Emoboy Prime won't mind taking the blame.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 06:12 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

I was going to pick this series up, I'm very glad I listened to others and saved my money.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 06:17 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Golly gosh, there's a lot of problems with that story. Thank goodness it's only Wonder Woman stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 06:28 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

OMG, Wonder Woman ruined?! Whatever shall we do.

As you can tell, I don't care.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 06:33 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by willRules
Golly gosh, there's a lot of problems with that story. Thank goodness it's only Wonder Woman stick out tongue

Golly Gosh, what a f**king awesome sig you have good sir smile

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 06:34 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Draco69
I just read the craptacular piece of garbage called Amazons Attack....

WW is ruined. I mean RUINED. I have never witnessed such a massive destruction of a character's continuity:

(Someone was kind enough to point everything that went wrong in this spectacular failure of a comic book)

Amazons Attack: What Went Wrong?
- That Nothing Went Right -

Continuity issues
-Circe has tried to kill the Amazons on a regular basis. Why would she assume that the gods protecting the Amazons would give her passage to Themiscyra?
- Monarchy abolished and Artemis and Phillipus are supposed to be elected rulers
- The Bana retconned as never having joined the Themiscyrans, even though Artemis, a Bana, was shown amongst them

In-Story Continuity issues
- Everyman/Sgt Steel says America is after Amazon technology, but later, Amazons are said to have none
- Internment Camps created in an extremely short time, and a bad idea aside
-At the begining of the story, at the end of both the first issue of Amazons Attack and Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman meets her mother. They are in talking distance. When the story picks up in the next issue, they apparently never met.

Character issues
- Wonder Girl and Supergirl attack Air Force One
- Granny Goodness powerful enough to defeat the Olympian gods
- Granny Goodness powerful enough to wipe the minds of the whole Amazonian race
- Amazons killing men, women, children without remorse
- Amazons who feel guilty don't challenge Hippolyta's orders
- Hippolyta, former member of the JSA, spouting villainous speeches
- Hippolyta's motives changed from saving her daughter to stopping America to just killing
- Amazons trusting Circe, who was their nemesis for centuries
- Nemesis acting like a spoiled teenager
- The Bana
-Superman's senses are good enough to hear Air Force One as it starts to crash, from another state, and fast enough to get there in seconds. However he is unable to hear a group of soldiers sneaking up on him, and too slow to prevent them from shooting a group of Amazons he was talking to.

Stortelling issues
- Contradictions between AA and WW titles
- Twists (Circe and Bana revealed) with served no purpose to the story
- American military abandoning Washington DC
- Superheroes confined to clean-up detail instead of attacking the Amazons
- Arrows shooting down jet pilots
- Wonder Woman playing a miniscule role throughtout the entire story
- Washington DC attacked for shock value
- Amazonian secret weapon built up and revealed as Bees. One casualty, and Bees defeated in one panel.
- Upon finding out that a high tech bomb had gone off, because "someone was taking opportunity of the chaos started by the Amazons," Wonder Woman knows it must be the Bana. There are no shortage of terrorist organizations in the DCU that would be just as good suspects, if not better ones.
- The big threat of the Bees are that their poison kills in hours.
- WW says she'll save Nemesis in one issue, but says saving him will delay things in another
- Using Circe once again so soon
- Superman not fast enough to save Grace from the Bana
- Batman overriding a sorceress as powerful as Circe where Zatanna failed
- Batman not even handcuffing Circe, but instead, leaving her knocked out on the floor
- Athena's final speech means nothing with the Granny reveal
- If Granny is that powerful, why can't she mindwipe Diana, Grace, or all of America?
- If Granny is that powerful, why not use the Amazons as her personal army?
- Bringing back the Amazons from IC, just to get rid of them again
- No resolution to the story; another lead-in to another story
- Diana shocked at hearing Nemesis say 'Diana' when Wonder Woman's name was well known
- Nemesis mind-wiped to forget Diana's identity

Creator issues
- canceling Rucka's initial planned out story that was being built up, and rehashing it with editorial decisions
- Pfeiffer said Mind-control was too easy and lazy a solution, and yet that was basically Hippolyta's problem
- Pfeiffer using Granny/Athena's speech to make his view on war known
- Had low sales for an event, and lowered sales of titles that it crossed over to

Extenuating issues with WW/AA
- Destroyed Rucka's well conceived Wonder Woman direction
- Turned WW from an Ambassador into someone who can't use simple things in life
- Destroyed all of WW's secondary cast

*Sigh*

Not even Gail Simone can fix this mess.

I may be done reading DC comics for awhile.

Damn you, Will Pfiefer!!

Wrathful Dwarf was right....

sad

damn...

nice art though...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 06:37 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Originally posted by Citizen V
OMG, Wonder Woman ruined?! Whatever shall we do.

As you can tell, I don't care.

I could never say something bastardise like that and get away with it...

Stupid-long-lived-well-known-members...

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 06:47 PM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by llagrok
Golly Gosh, what a f**king awesome sig you have good sir smile

Gee Whizz, cheers for the compliments Daddio big grin

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 06:50 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Originally posted by willRules
Gee Whizz, cheers for the compliments Daddio big grin

Creepy.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 06:55 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

The only thing I like the current WW series is the art. Im sure with the upcoming "Crisis" everything will be retconned.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 07:13 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Yes Amazons attack was a piece of dog shit, in-fact i'd have to say that it was WORSE then Dianas de-powerment years during the 60's-70's.

Anyway I had an idea on how to bring the amazons back that both steals from Marvel and still has it's original feel to it.

Have a bunch of mages f*ck up big time, attempting to revive some ancient god only for the N00b to screw up the words , causing Themiscara to emerge in the middle of new-york.

Imagine it, a whole island simply pushing itself upwards like a boil , we then get several decent story-lines such as Citizens reaction to the amazons, mystery of how it happened (Batman goes all Sherlock on how "No two-bit sorcerer has enough power for this kind of trick...") and the Amazons being forcefully impregnated within 'Mans world'.

It'd give some nice street-level feel to DC which is desperately needed.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 07:20 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Citizen V
Creepy.

But true shifty

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 07:36 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by grey fox
Yes Amazons attack was a piece of dog shit, in-fact i'd have to say that it was WORSE then Dianas de-powerment years during the 60's-70's.

Anyway I had an idea on how to bring the amazons back that both steals from Marvel and still has it's original feel to it.

Have a bunch of mages f*ck up big time, attempting to revive some ancient god only for the N00b to screw up the words , causing Themiscara to emerge in the middle of new-york.

Imagine it, a whole island simply pushing itself upwards like a boil , we then get several decent story-lines such as Citizens reaction to the amazons, mystery of how it happened (Batman goes all Sherlock on how "No two-bit sorcerer has enough power for this kind of trick...") and the Amazons being forcefully impregnated within 'Mans world'.

impregnated being the operative word there...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 07:41 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Good plan. But what about Granny Goodness? And the fact that this whole thing may been caused by her.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 07:45 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Good plan. But what about Granny Goodness? And the fact that this whole thing may been caused by her.

Feh , f*ck her. New Gods are going down the pan soon anyway. Just make it that Athena was temporarily made insane by an influx of 'New Magic' from the 10th ages introduction.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 08:05 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

the Amazons being forcefully impregnated

I know a guy who's written like six fanfics about that. They were pretty good actually.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 08:06 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I know a guy who's written like six fanfics about that. They were pretty good actually.

and you didn't share?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 08:09 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 08:09 PM