KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Questions about Amazons

Questions about Amazons
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Questions about Amazons

Some things I want to understand better about Diana & her Island.

-How do they reproduce without men? They're not all shaped from clay are they?

-What is their average powerset? If Artemis can make a good challenge for Diana, are they all powered up the same?

-Where DID that invisible jet come from?

This is research for a story I want to write.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 10:49 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Ask Draco or Nvr. They're the forum experts on Wondy.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 11:15 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Not too sure but I think the invinsible jet plane was an army craft and was used during Diana's time in the military.

How they reproduce? Test tube babies. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 11:17 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Don't know about Wondy's Amazons, but I think I remember learning that the Amazons of myth would kill their male babies but they would keep some imprisoned to be used solely for reproduction.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 11:21 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Accel
Don't know about Wondy's Amazons, but I think I remember learning that the Amazons of myth would kill their male babies but they would keep some imprisoned to be used solely for reproduction.

Sounds like a rocking good time to me.

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 11:26 PM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Well, I think those men also had both their arms and legs removed so they wouldn't be able to retaliate or something, so that had to be a buzzkill.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 11:32 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Questions about Amazons

Originally posted by roughrider

-What is their average powerset? If Artemis can make a good challenge for Diana, are they all powered up the same?

The Amazons are immortal unless killed in battle. they are the spirits of women killed tragically by men or what ever and given life by Greek Goddesses who pitied them. Queen hippolyta was shown to be the first woman ever to experience domestic abuse as a cave woman. She was with child. her spirit was brought back but even tho she didn't know why, she alone, longed for a child. She was instructed to make a child of clay as and the gods imbued her with life.

The average amazon is about 1- to 20 times stronger than a normal man. Queen Hippolyta for what ever reason is class 100 at least. She's picked up airplanes and hefted them like nothing. Artemis was a good challenge to Diana becuz Diana can power herself down if she wants to.

The invisible jet is a piece of advanced tech. It can actually take the shape of any form Diana chooses. And is home to all of wondy's magical artifacts. The disk has some size changing properties and can shrink everything in it when it shrinks. So Diana could keep the disk behind her belt if she chooses.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 01:15 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Well, I think those men also had both their arms and legs removed so they wouldn't be able to retaliate or something, so that had to be a buzzkill.

If they're real men they can take it.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 01:41 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by Val

Amen, brah.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 01:48 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

blink F*ck Me...

Haven't seen these guys on the comics page, I don't think. Maybe someday as an offhand remark Hippolyta will talk about the Man they keep in a box downstairs...

So that jet could be reshaped into something else? Hmmm...and it helps as a storage place for all her gear?

Thanks for everyone's help. I've been look at the JLAunlimited site for fanfiction, and I feel like contributing a story.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 04:33 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Damn im sure some guys would be like "Theres no need to do that I want to be here!"

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 04:59 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
B.A
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Val
Snoo snoo? smile

Respect Apollo Respect Black Goliatch

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:10 PM
B.A is currently offline Click here to Send B.A a Private Message Find more posts by B.A Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Some may frown down on it, but I'd suggest checking wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 01:28 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Val

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 01:55 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HumanMovieGuide
Whoa!

Does anyone know where Accel got his signature? Because it's funny.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 03:38 AM
HumanMovieGuide is currently offline Click here to Send HumanMovieGuide a Private Message Find more posts by HumanMovieGuide Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

I can't stand the retroactive continuity that made the Amazons into the victims of male aggression. It changes characters who were paragons of female ass-kickery and examples of how women didn't need to exist only as foils to male characters and could be heroic in their own right. It changed the reasoning for the Amazon's from beings who managed to figure out how to build a society without the need for excessive violence, but were still capable of protecting themselves, and it victimized them.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 06:13 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by tjcoady
I can't stand the retroactive continuity that made the Amazons into the victims of male aggression. It changes characters who were paragons of female ass-kickery and examples of how women didn't need to exist only as foils to male characters and could be heroic in their own right. It changed the reasoning for the Amazon's from beings who managed to figure out how to build a society without the need for excessive violence, but were still capable of protecting themselves, and it victimized them.

I agree with you. It's the misrepresentation of women not only within this ancient culture but today's society that has branded them as helpless victims of discrimination......

....still it's just women, everyone knows their brains are significantly smaller and inferior to their male counterparts stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 12:19 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by willRules
I agree with you. It's the misrepresentation of women not only within this ancient culture but today's society that has branded them as helpless victims of discrimination......

....still it's just women, everyone knows their brains are significantly smaller and inferior to their male counterparts stick out tongue

I'm not touching that one. I want to keep the company of women around me - they have special gifts I sometimes need. wink

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 08:45 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I'm not touching that one. I want to keep the company of women around me - they have special gifts I sometimes need. wink

Dude every friend I have who doesn't own a Y chromosome doesn't visit this site big grin I'm safe.... for now confused

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 09:48 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote