KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Anyone feel sorry for Risk ?

Anyone feel sorry for Risk ?
Started by: grey fox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Anyone feel sorry for Risk ?

Because I certainly don’t.

Consider this a rant if you will, but this has been nagging at me a while.

Now Risk is a character from the crappy mid-nineties 'Teen Titans' (which had about as much to do with the actual Titans as my big toe), you know the one I'm talking about!

Risks whole character is a play off of the 'Adrenaline Junkie concept which has always, always, always sucked. How do I know this? Simple, EVERY comic book character has a foe or ally who uses the exact same motivation and their ALL as lame as each other. They all use similar dialogue, are always in mid teens to late twenties and are always annoying; diversity is their bane and anathema.

Ironically (or should that be expectantly roll eyes (sarcastic) ) they all emerged during the 'Extreeeeeeeeeme' era that is known as the 90's. Anyway, back to the point.

Risks main power set is his half-alien heritage (another damn thing used way too often...*looks at Guy Gardener* ) which gives him six times an average humans stats and keeps his adrenal glands flowing 24/7. Great, let’s put a guy constantly wired on buzz-juice onto a team of Super-heroes, I'm surprised one of his team-mates didn't knock him out after a possible daily encounter. For example.....

Atom: *walking to the fridge* Hey Risk, why are you still up? Its 2:30 in the morning?

Risk: It's the juice man! Keeps me going AWWWWWWW Yeah! *Guzzles Mountain Dew voraciously*

Atom: Yeah....sure... *edges away slowly*

ANYWAY! As I'm losing focus I'll get straight to the point.

Risk is thrown directly into battle with SBP during IC. He is obviously used as two things. The first is to give sympathy. Watching someone getting torn apart is not a nice thing and thus lets the audience feel the Titans plight. Secondly it is a gory reminder of SBPs sheer might.

But it still pisses me off.

Why in GODS NAME would you go after a guy with a frikken S Shield on his chest when your main abilities are being slightly stronger then you average person? Was Risks hormone addled brain so burnt out after years of having Adrenaline pushed through it non-stop that he suddenly came to the conclusion that he and he alone could tangle with a Kryptonian?

Of course having your arm torn off can deal with serious delusions like that. Unfortunately it took a turn for the worse and somehow led Risk into believing that handicapping himself and attempting to rip-off Green Arrow will make up for his missing arm.

It didn't. Not only did it not give him his sense of worth back, but it (that is his missing arm) must of been where the rational part of his brain was hiding (possibly to escape the constant flood of Adrenaline).

Why? Because the dumb schmuck decides to take another pop at Prime, with predictable results......

(please log in to view the image)

All in all, don’t feel bad for Risk. Feel bad for Perez who somehow thought this guy would be a great addition to the DCU.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 05:19 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Didn't Prime say something about ripping his other one off as well? Not sure. laughing out loud

XXX Rated 2girls 1 cup
Thanks for the sig Passione.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 05:51 PM
Nod is currently offline Click here to Send Nod a Private Message Find more posts by Nod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

He can go after Prime again, and still try and kick / bite him. After all, it's only a flesh wound.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 06:51 PM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by grey fox

Why? Because the dumb schmuck decides to take another pop at Prime, with predictable results......

Yeah that was quite funny............

Last edited by Deadline on Dec 17th, 2007 at 05:26 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 05:21 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jumpmann
Glower of Eyes

Originally posted by Kutulu
He can go after Prime again, and still try and kick / bite him. After all, it's only a flesh wound.

A+

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 06:11 PM
jumpmann is currently offline Click here to Send jumpmann a Private Message Find more posts by jumpmann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

I suppose if he feels like losing his legs.

They should make it an ongoing joke for Prime to keep ripping off his various body parts.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 07:00 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by Val

They should make it an ongoing joke for Prime to keep ripping off his various body parts.

I can live with that. After Prime rips his legs off, he should just sigh, say "What's the point?" and just squish his head. evil face

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 07:10 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Third Risk fight, coming right up.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 08:01 PM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

laughing out loud laughing out loud

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 09:43 PM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Val

Make it into a part of Countdown. Maybe add a bit of redeeming value.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 09:51 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: Anyone feel sorry for Risk ?

Originally posted by grey fox
What's funny is Risk yelled the exact same way when each arm was ripped off:

All Prime did was help even things out a bit.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 10:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Re: Re: Anyone feel sorry for Risk ?

Originally posted by Galan007
What's funny is Risk yelled the exact same way when each arm was ripped off:

All Prime did was help even things out a bit.

Even the sound of his arm being torn off is identical.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 10:10 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

Re: Re: Re: Anyone feel sorry for Risk ?

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Even the sound of his arm being torn off is identical.
:rofl:

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 10:37 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I feel sorry for Risk on the basis of being a guy.

Seriously now how is he gonna relieve himself or whip his back side

poor fellasad

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 10:41 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Feel sorry for him as next Prime is going to go for his leg sad

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 11:13 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Feel sorry for him as next Prime is going to go for his leg sad
And then his other leg.

And then being the Emo guy he is Risk's manhood would be the next thing SMP tore off sad

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 11:18 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

hey wait i always thought everyone in DC has at least Class 50 except Batman big grin

compared to other guys Risk is very weak...but he has a cool Name.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 11:59 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Newjak
I feel sorry for Risk on the basis of being a guy.

Seriously now how is he gonna relieve himself or whip his back side

poor fellasad

He can have two of his ribs removed so he can pleasure himself. evil face

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 01:35 AM
Nod
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would love that to be an ongoing joke. Each leg then finally his head.

Would be one of those famous moments lol.

XXX Rated 2girls 1 cup
Thanks for the sig Passione.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 01:42 AM
Nod is currently offline Click here to Send Nod a Private Message Find more posts by Nod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 01:49 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote