KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Aquaman underated

Aquaman underated
Started by: Nod

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aquaman underated

Why is he so underrated with comic fans? Everyone should know not to use the old cartoon as their image of him. confused

XXX Rated 2girls 1 cup
Thanks for the sig Passione.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:24 AM
Nod is currently offline Click here to Send Nod a Private Message Find more posts by Nod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

He's lame compared to Namor. Not even a logical creation compared to Namor's origin, and it's been retconned a few times now. He's not even good enough to be the star of his own comic now; there's a different Aquaman.
Case Closed.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:31 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

You create this thread based on two people's opinions of him?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:32 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nod
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
You create this thread based on two people's opinions of him?
No it was based on just general belief I noticed around comic fans.

Not including this site, I see other comic readers.

XXX Rated 2girls 1 cup

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:34 AM
Nod is currently offline Click here to Send Nod a Private Message Find more posts by Nod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Well he's right as people look at the Super Friends depiction as what Aquaman really is.

Aquaman really is one of the most underated comic characters out there.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:37 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

Aquaman is cool. Haters be damned.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:38 AM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Well he's right as people look at the Super Friends depiction as what Aquaman really is.

Aquaman really is one of the most underated comic characters out there.
I have to agree.

Class 100?

XXX Rated 2girls 1 cup

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:38 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Nod
I have to agree.

Class 100?

Class 30 or 40. Look at JLA/Avengers; he was getting manhandled by She-Hulk.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:36 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Aquaman is only really underrated by people who don't read comics as a hobby; most people who do, though, are aware of what he can do.

Sure, if you were to ask random people on the street who Aquaman was, they'd probably just think of the Superfriends version; but if you were to ask these same people who Namor was, they'd probably say he was just an Aquaman rip-off.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:39 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by roughrider
Class 30 or 40. Look at JLA/Avengers; he was getting manhandled by She-Hulk.

Errr...what? No he wasn't. He took a few punches, which he wasn't even really affected by and left the fight as he sensed the artifact. Also Aquaman has taken blows from a seriously pissed off Wonder Woman and was fine. So why would She Hulk really phaze him?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:48 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Aquaman would be cooler if DC earth was 100% water. 0% dry land.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:49 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Accel
Aquaman is only really underrated by people who don't read comics as a hobby; most people who do, though, are aware of what he can do.

Sure, if you were to ask random people on the street who Aquaman was, they'd probably just think of the Superfriends version; but if you were to ask these same people who Namor was, they'd probably say he was just an Aquaman rip-off.
Most of the non comic fans wouldn't even know who Namor is. Which is the higher insult, underated or obscurity?

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:08 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by Juntai
Most of the non comic fans wouldn't even know who Namor is. Which is the higher insult, underated or obscurity?

But then again, non-comic fans only know Aquaman from the Super friends or Entourage.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:10 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
But then again, non-comic fans only know Aquaman from the Super friends or Entourage.
Like I said, which is worse, being under-rated for the lack of info they have on him -- or not knowing who they are at all?

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:12 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by Juntai
Like I said, which is worse, being under-rated for the lack of info they have on him -- or not knowing who they are at all?

Depends.
I'd rather not be known at all then be known for something awful, for example being the gay superhero who rode a sea horse.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:15 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Errr...what? No he wasn't. He took a few punches, which he wasn't even really affected by and left the fight as he sensed the artifact. Also Aquaman has taken blows from a seriously pissed off Wonder Woman and was fine. So why would She Hulk really phaze him?

She-Hulk was throwing him around like a rag doll. It was convenient that he jumped away to go retrieve the artifact, because nothing he was doing was impressing Jennifer.
Plus, in DC vs. Marvel Access, Namor is clearly shown to be much stronger; Arthur resorted to having a Killer Whale plop on Namor from behind.

Maybe it's unfair, because you can have many different variations on a Superman or Batman style character that can be cool in their own right. But when you're the second superhuman ocean character (following Namor), and all you do for the next several decades is look & act like any other bland whitebread hero (Aquaman; just another 'man' in the JLA) - with a generic hero name, rather than be known by his true name & title - why should people take interest in you? Efforts to try & toughen his character in the 1990's haven't taken.
Not to mention Atlantis is potrayed more realistically at Marvel, with the people having the blue skin, and Namor having a unique look due to his half-human parentage, plus always having the edgy quality to his personality that Aquaman tried to duplicate in the 1990's, and the Justice League cartoon a few years ago...Arthur is still playing catch-up to him.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:30 PM
Deathstroke
Slayer

Not to mention Atlantis is potrayed more realistically at Marvel, with the people having the blue skin,

This line was funny to me for some reason.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 06:44 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

She-Hulk was throwing him around like a rag doll. It was convenient that he jumped away to go retrieve the artifact, because nothing he was doing was impressing Jennifer.

*Snickers* and how long was the fight? Very very breif, and throwing him around like a rag doll? Errr...you mean hitting him? Your overexagerating the fight big time.

Plus, in DC vs. Marvel Access, Namor is clearly shown to be much stronger; Arthur resorted to having a Killer Whale plop on Namor from behind.

Access isn't cannon, but regardless Namor is stronger then She Hulk

Maybe it's unfair, because you can have many different variations on a Superman or Batman style character that can be cool in their own right. But when you're the second superhuman ocean character (following Namor), and all you do for the next several decades is look & act like any other bland whitebread hero (Aquaman; just another 'man' in the JLA) - with a generic hero name, rather than be known by his true name & title - why should people take interest in you? Efforts to try & toughen his character in the 1990's haven't taken.

*Snickers* you havn't read any Aquaman have you? He has been pretty much great from his first incarnation and his stories are far more original then Namor rehashing the same storylines over and over again.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 07:18 PM