KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Shra

Shra
Started by: lando005

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lando005

Shra

So the superhuman registration act has been around for a little while now in marvel. Do you guys see any notable changes, good or bad? Do you think this was a good move on marvel's part or what?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 06:30 PM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Yes, because it relates to the real world.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 06:39 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amp
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am with it.

thumb up

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 06:45 PM
Amp is currently offline Click here to Send Amp a Private Message Find more posts by Amp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Against registration. For it as a development in the MU. It's an interesting backdrop for all the titles now, but doesn't dominate like it did during CW.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 10:12 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amp
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why against?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 10:22 PM
Amp is currently offline Click here to Send Amp a Private Message Find more posts by Amp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lando005

i'm still firmly against registration

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 11:30 PM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I'm against registration as a concept purely because it makes the MU a more dangerous place for the heroes.

However I enjoyed Civil War as a story, I'm glad that the pro-reg won the Civil War and we have had some great story lines come from this. Also it was nice to see Marvel live up to their word when they said the MU would be changed yes

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 03:17 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amp
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willRules
I'm against registration as a concept purely because it makes the MU a more dangerous place for the heroes.

However I enjoyed Civil War as a story, I am glad that the pro-reg won the Civil War and we have had some great story lines come from this. Also it was nice to see Marvel live up to their word when they said the MU would be changed yes

They know the risks. If you do not want danger then do not do it.

There is people who have to live with the fact that a man who could crush their skull is out there with no one controlling him. Why should they have to worry about that?

The registration acts makes it safer for the hero and civilian anyway.

The hero always has back up. The civilian is safe because there are always people who know what's controlling or keeping tab on then. The bad thing about is how they are being punished when not doing it.

But its still safer for the community because how else would they keep them locked up?

Its still not like they are making the heroes suffer on purpose. They have virtual reality helmets that are supposed to give them what they want, maybe they are not working so well but its not like the reg side aren't trying. They have also given many chances and offered to talk about it and will be getting paid and paid well.

There's a risk they re identity's will be found out.

But there's also the risk that when not registered they will be followed and be tracked. Or is it easier to hack the smartest or one of the smartest men on the planets computer with the best equipment on the planet?

They have just become cops with more choices and freedom in some aspects.

Basically registration = thumb up

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 04:21 PM
Disappear

just because they "know the risks" doesn't mean they should be made to accept them or avoid them. just because someone living in a bad neighborhood knows they could get victimized doesn't mean they should be made to accept it or leave. knowledge of the risks doesn't eliminate the inherent injustices of the situation.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 07:31 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Peek
There's a risk they re identity's will be found out.

This is a bigger issue than you are making out in your argument which is understandable if you are pro-reg yes

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 08:09 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amp
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Disappear
just because they "know the risks" doesn't mean they should be made to accept them or avoid them. just because someone living in a bad neighborhood knows they could get victimized doesn't mean they should be made to accept it or leave. knowledge of the risks doesn't eliminate the inherent injustices of the situation.
If they want to risk their lives then yes they do.

It comes with the territory.

Why should the civilians be at risk?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 08:17 PM
Amp
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by willRules
This is a bigger issue than you are making out in your argument which is understandable if you are pro-reg yes
Then explain it to me if its bigger.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 08:17 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Bad move, only two or three issues into the initiative and i gave up....most of my pull list for marvel is done.....hated the civil war......and caps death and peters unmasking, all which led to boring stuff, i dont see a solid return to marvel for me untill all this is out the window...skrulls invading and such will make this just an era of worthless comics

Just my opinion and that all it is, i understand we all cant like the same things.....but DC comics are happy lol, my pull list added another 5 or more titles

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 08:36 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lando005

Originally posted by Disappear
thumb up

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 11:43 PM
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

well, i don't think it has THAT big rammifications other then the main avenger titles. The Initiative is teh awesome tho.

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 11:44 PM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
invisiblewoman
Invisible Authority

im against it! just dont like the idea! peters unmasking really irritated me. any enemies he had will know his identity now. isnt that just great

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 11:53 PM
invisiblewoman is currently offline Click here to Send invisiblewoman a Private Message Find more posts by invisiblewoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
im against it! just dont like the idea! peters unmasking really irritated me. any enemies he had will know his identity now. isnt that just great

he doesnt have to worry about that anymore. nobody knows peter parker is spider-man besides peter parker. he's now officially unregistered and is relatively off the map as far as superheroing is concerned. when that's going to catch up with new avengers, i have no idea.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 06:10 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

dont like the registration

1. Spiderman says he is Peter Parker
2. Aunt May ges shot by Kingpins Sniper
3. Peter feels guilt
4. Peter makes deal with Mephisto
5. Spiderman ****ed up

so yeah i dont like it!!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 07:24 AM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

it has its pros and cons... too bad for the heroes, the pros are actually working on the civilian side. they get trained superhuman police teams. the heroes on the other hand... well, their families get boned big time, to put it quite simply.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 07:56 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Re: Shra

Originally posted by lando005
So the superhuman registration act has been around for a little while now in marvel. Do you guys see any notable changes, good or bad? Do you think this was a good move on marvel's part or what?

Against.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 03:24 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote