KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Teenage Negro Ninja Thrashers

Teenage Negro Ninja Thrashers
Started by: Soljer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soljer
Beware my Power

Teenage Negro Ninja Thrashers

Nods to HeroChat.

(please log in to view the image)

And then what happens?

Static Shock. laughing.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 06:26 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 06:35 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
czccxcd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some comic fans are ****ing idiots.

Nods to Herochat.

Totally irrelevant I know.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 06:39 PM
czccxcd is currently offline Click here to Send czccxcd a Private Message Find more posts by czccxcd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

I don't think he's serious, in fact I'm picking up on heavy sarcasm from him.

However he seems to act as if Black characters are the only ones that were set up with the lskateboard thing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Guapo_%28comics%29

And in case he forgot Rocket Racer made his skateboard.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 06:57 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Is that to McDuffie, or from McDuffie?

no expression

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 06:58 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Re: Teenage Negro Ninja Thrashers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Soljer
Nods to HeroChat.

And then what happens?

Static Shock. laughing.

Oh god. I watched the cartoon of that. It was really . . . subtle no expression

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 07:06 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Is that to McDuffie, or from McDuffie?

no expression
That's something I can't figure out either. The name is where the to usually is in a letter. but there's no other name of who this could be from. I'm not sure what point they're trying to make exactly...

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 07:09 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Creshosk
That's something I can't figure out either. The name is where the to usually is in a letter. but there's no other name of who this could be from. I'm not sure what point they're trying to make exactly...
But, he's also got all the information about his letter in that spot...
If this is from McDuffie...

I don't know... it says it's from Marvel, so I'm looking for a page from that site.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 07:21 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

But, he's also got all the information about his letter in that spot...
If this is from McDuffie...

I don't know... it says it's from Marvel, so I'm looking for a page from that site.
Where does it say its from marvel? And what point would they be trying to make to McDuffie?

That's what gets me the most about this proposal that line of "Have I made my point?"

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 07:24 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Where does it say its from marvel? And what point would they be trying to make to McDuffie?

That's what gets me the most about this proposal that line of "Have I made my point?"
At the bottom. It's from Marvel's website.

I don't know... intriguing piece of work though.

EDIT: YES!
http://www.marvel.com/blogs//entry/682

"At around this time, the Spidey character Rocket Racer had begun to make appearances again, and simultaneously Tom DeFalco had introduced Night Thrasher in the pages of THOR as part of the upcoming NEW WARRIORS team. Dwayne wasn't especially pleased that this is what amounted to the most prominent representation of black characters at the time, so as a means of protest, he wrote up and submitted the attached pitch for a team title, TEENAGE NEGRO NINJA THRASHERS. The pitch was a biting satire on how black characters continued to be depicted, and is wildly funny while at the same time completely getting its point across--I thought it was terribly well-written."

Last edited by One Big Mob on Feb 18th, 2008 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 07:25 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 07:25 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

At the bottom. It's from Marvel's website.

I don't know... intriguing piece of work though.
Well that watermark indicates that it was originally being stored on their website.But seeing as how it sticks off the page it wasn't originally part of the letter.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 07:28 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Well that watermark indicates that it was originally being stored on their website.But seeing as how it sticks off the page it wasn't originally part of the letter.
EDIT. smile

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 07:30 PM
HaSon

Trickster sure won't be reading this comic...

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 07:38 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Ah. What's funny is that his parody title "Teenage Negro Ninja Thrashers" is a subtle allusion to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. of whom rode skateboards as well. Helping to show that the skateboard thing had more to do with capitalizing on the popularity of the device in the 80s rather than any thing actually racially based. While Rocket Racer was heavily tied into the skateboard thing, Night Trasher eventually developed into being a strong figure that was independant of the skateboard.

In short it was merely a ploy to make the new characters more popular nothing more and taking anything more than that is overthinking the problem.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 07:38 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I like the idea, but I hate the title "Negro".

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 08:44 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I like the idea, but I hate the title "Negro".
'Teenage African American and/or African Canadian Ninja Thrashers'?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 10:07 PM
Starscream M

I never realized skateboarding is popular among black people.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 11:04 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

I like how Sym seems to be the only one to catch the irony.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 12:35 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Soljer
I like how Sym seems to be the only one to catch the irony.

Sweet Christmas!

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 02:14 AM