KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » World's Funnest.... again

World's Funnest.... again
Started by: Endless Mike

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

World's Funnest.... again

I've been reading this comic over, and despite what many people say, I really don't think it's canon.

My reasons:

1. It's an Elseworlds. It says so right on the title. Sure, many people say Elseworlds are canon due to Hypertime and stuff, but hypertime isn't supposed to exist anymore. Besides, there are more reasons, which I'll get to in a minute.

2. Mxy, AFAIK, was never portrayed as being the most powerful of all 5d imps. How could he have destroyed the 5th dimension and killed everyone in it so easily? They should all be at least as powerful as he is. Same with Bat-Mite and his dimension.

3. He said that not only did he destroy the 5th dimension, he destroyed all the numbered dimensions. But aren't beings from higher dimensions supposed to be more powerful? Wasn't there a comic with 8d beings that were stronger than 5d beings? How could he have destroyed them?

4. It's commonly cited by Mxy fans that he isn't forced to return to the 5th dimension when he says his name backwards, it's just a game he plays and can decide not to any time. However, in this comic, it was portrayed as a definite limit that forced him to return. In fact, that's the whole reason he destroyed the 5th dimension: So he wouldn't be returned to it when he said his name backwards.

5. This comic was published Post-Crisis, but they were hopping around the universes the way they were arranged Pre-Crisis: Earth-1 with the JLA, Earth-2 with the JSA, Earth-3 with the Crime Syndicate, Earth-S with the Marvel family, Earth-X where the Nazis won WW2, etc. They didn't just ignore the Crisis, since they visited all of the gathered heroes at the end of COIE, and destroyed that universe too. It makes no sense.

6. Mxy beat the Spectre twice. Yes, I know what you'll say, "The Mxy that was beaten by the Spectre in Day of Vengeance was Earth-2 Mxy". However, the second time he beat the Spectre, it was after he was transformed into Earth-2 Mxy by going there.

7. They visited a bunch of verses that are obviously not canon, such as the Superfriends cartoon universe, a universe that was nothing but unfinished comic storyboards, etc.

All of the evidence says that this is just not canon

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 05:36 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

...or we could just stop caring and enjoy at as what it's meant to be: a pointless, fun comic.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 05:42 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

That's exactly what I'm saying. People should stop trying to use it as evidence.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 05:47 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

I know the 6th dimensional beings the JLA fought are LESS powerful than Mxy.

Hypertime does still exist. They even mentioned it in 52 in regards to Waverider.

And don't take Mxy stories too seriously.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 02:02 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juntai
I know the 6th dimensional beings the JLA fought are LESS powerful than Mxy.

Hypertime does still exist. They even mentioned it in 52 in regards to Waverider.

And don't take Mxy stories too seriously.
thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 03:47 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote